24 replies to this topic

#1 007½

007½

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 261 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 11:24 AM

I've been thinking: does anyone think that TSWLM would have been at least as good (I think better) than FRWL as a Classic Bond Game? Since I started to think of it, I can't stop! I just thought it might be an interesting discussion.

#2 CaptainPower

CaptainPower

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 11:27 AM

To be honest I wasn't much of a fan of the FRWL game, but TSWLM certainly has the potential to be turned into a pretty fun game.

#3 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 07:45 PM

I really hope that The Spy Who Loved Me get's turned into a Bond game at some point in the near future. I bet Roger would be thrilled to play Bond again.

#4 007½

007½

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 261 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 05:50 AM

Plus, Sir Roger's voice has changed less than Sir Sean's.

#5 TheSaint

TheSaint

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3067 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:06 AM

I think the not exactly rousing success of FRWL game pretty much doomed the chances for a follow-up with Roger.

#6 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:42 AM

Love From Russia With Love. IMHO it's a classic blend of film and game.

Get Spy out already. Rog is not 16 anymore. Nearly 21 I believe. B)

#7 killkenny kid

killkenny kid

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6607 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:46 AM

I would just love to see Sir Roger do a TSWLM game.

#8 007½

007½

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 261 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:09 AM

I think the not exactly rousing success of FRWL game pretty much doomed the chances for a follow-up with Roger.

I agree. They picked a (IMO) not-too-great film, and poached the car from Goldfinger, made up an entirely useless PTS, and generally screwed up. One good thing: TSWLM has probably been spared the same merciless slaughter that FRWL was subjected to.

#9 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:21 PM

FRWL was possibly the worst choice they could have done in terms of picking a movie to adapt. I love the film, but it's so "un-game-like" that it's unbelievable they picked that one. Of the Connery films, only Goldfinger would have been a worse choice for a game, I think. Thunderball could have been perfect too, and, *cough*, You Only Live Twice.

I'd commit murder to get a TSWLM game with Bond voiced by Roger. Moonraker could arguably make a better game than movie.

#10 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:33 PM

I think Roger would be appalled by the violence in the modern video games, so I’m not sure how you’d keep the man happy in that regard. Still, I’d love to see it happen.

#11 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:46 PM

From Russia With Love was not a very violent game. No blood, no real fighting, just lots of generic shooting and bad driving missions.

#12 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:59 PM

From Russia With Love was not a very violent game. No blood, no real fighting, just lots of generic shooting and bad driving missions.

Well, the ‘generic shooting’ is where I think Sir Rog would have an objection.

Also From Russia With Love was an EA game; Activision’s Quantum of Solace is much, much more violent. Rog objected to the violence in the film Quantum of Solace; Quantum of Solace the game makes its film conterpart look like Mary Poppins.

#13 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 02:18 PM

Well, the ‘generic shooting’ is where I think Sir Rog would have an objection.

Yeah, you might be right. The man sees the horror guns create in the real world through his UNICEF work, so maybe he wouldn't want to work on a game that encourages the player to shoot other characters. Then again, he did play a character who shoots an awful lot of people in seven movies.

#14 007½

007½

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 261 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 03:49 PM

Good point: the man hates guns, hunting, shooting, and blood sports. The only vaguely Bond-esque thing about him is his four wives. Yet he was one of the best Bonds (well, IMO).

#15 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 03:56 PM

Well, perhaps The Man with the Golden Gun, with its single kill by Bond, would be the better film to attempt when attempting to get Roger. It makes me smile thinking of the final level of trying to catch Nick Nack on the junk with him throwing wine bottles at you. Now that’d be a video game. B)

#16 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 04:33 PM

It makes me smile thinking of the final level of trying to catch Nick Nack on the junk with him throwing wine bottles at you. Now that’d be a video game. B)

That would work particulary well if you're using a Wii remote.

Future Bond games should put a greater emphasis on stealth and surveillance. That move would surely appease Sir Roger.

#17 bond_azoozbond

bond_azoozbond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 383 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 06:22 PM

TMWTGG will turn to be a perfect game .. since they use many elements for TSWLM in EON game ...

#18 Mr_Wint

Mr_Wint

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2406 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:07 PM

I think Roger would be appalled by the violence in the modern video games, so I’m not sure how you’d keep the man happy in that regard.

Wade: Are you going to appeal to his heart?
Bond: No, his wallet.
Wade: Oh, that might work...

#19 007½

007½

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 261 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 05:59 PM

I think Roger would be appalled by the violence in the modern video games, so I’m not sure how you’d keep the man happy in that regard.

Wade: Are you going to appeal to his heart?
Bond: No, his wallet.
Wade: Oh, that might work...

Good point, though the stealth thing would work too. Personally, if they can do what they did with FRWL and transplant a car in (in this ase, the submarine Esprit) any RM film will do. I just thought that TSWLM would work best with the car from TSWLM. But that's just me loving a classic 1970s British car. Designed by an Italian, but still a classic piece of British design. Hm.

#20 O.H.M.S.S.

O.H.M.S.S.

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1162 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:19 PM

I agree, The Spy Who Loved Me, would be a great game. I loved From Russia with Love, it had that great classic Bond atmosphere. I think most of the movies would have the potential of a good game. Moonraker, for instance, not my favourite movie, but they can make a nice game out of it.

#21 Blonde Bond

Blonde Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2006 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:15 PM

If Actvision would decide to make a game based on Moonraker, it would be out of this world. On and off to be more precise. It would probably be like Nightfire, only better.

Some great locales to be extracted from the film. Drax's mansion and the whole estate, Rio , Amazonian jungles , Venice... und spece herr Bond.

It would also be great to see Sir Roger presented in full current generation graphics. It would obviously have to be in 3rd person... (imho)

#22 007½

007½

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 261 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 05:50 AM

It would also be great to see Sir Roger presented in full current generation graphics. It would obviously have to be in 3rd person... (imho)

Naturally. No point in having a Bond who never wears the same suit twice if you can't see his suit. Plus Sir Sean was, so why should Sir Roge be any different?

#23 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:48 PM

I really hope that The Spy Who Loved Me get's turned into a Bond game at some point in the near future. I bet Roger would be thrilled to play Bond again.

It was adapted for Commodore Amiga sometime.

#24 007½

007½

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 261 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 06:16 AM

We were discussing a modern, FRWL-ish adaptation. Though that is interesting.

#25 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:44 PM

I personnaly feel they shopuld go back to the past and give us bond games for OHMSS the spy who loved me for your eyes only Lincence to kill and few orignal ones with daniel Craig.