New addition up now.

#62 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:47 PM

Bond eventually got back to the hotel in one piece after having flagged down a taxi half way there. He stepped out of the car with his cell phone in hand, pressing some numbers. Disappearing inside the hotel, an anonymous voice answered:
‘Universal Exports. Who’s speaking please?’
‘It’s Bond. Get me M.’
‘Could I have your security code please?’
‘Corporate 85616007’
‘One moment, Commander.’
After a couple of moments the Colonel came on.
‘What is it Double O Seven?’
‘Grazianizi is dead.’
Bond crossed over to the reception desk, took his key and proceeded upstairs. He avoided the lift for the simple reason that you never knew who exactly you’d find once the doors opened.
‘How unfortunate.’ The Colonel told him.
‘Very. Car bomb outside a restaurant. Almost coped it myself.’
‘Nakamuro?’
‘The fact that I was chased by a couple of Japanese hit-men makes me think so.’
‘D’you think he knows who you are?’
‘I doubt it.’
‘Our narcotics people are having the hell of a job back here. Seems there’s already a frenzy on the streets for his stuff. Word has spread like a bush fire that it’s even better than heroin.’
Bond reached his door and went inside.
‘I need a trace on somebody.’
‘Who?’
‘Enrico Colombo. He’s most likely holed up in Sicily somewhere.’
‘Who is he?’
‘Just somebody who might be able to give me a hand. I’ve worked with him before on a similar job.’
‘I’ll see what Station ‘S’ can do. Anything else?’
‘Not really.’
There was a pause, then,
‘Good. But remember, Bond, no more cock-ups like Switzerland. I'm warning you.’
And with that the Colonel cut off.
‘Bastard!’ Bond hissed and tossed the cell phone onto the bed. He then got undressed and took a cold shower...

GOLD

COO7MING SOO7N

#63 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:49 PM

H A R R Y F A W K E S
M I D A S G O L D

The breathtaking Fan Fic novel of nonstop action and daring suspense...

#64 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:49 PM

‘Information, sir?’ he asked.
‘One of Nakamuro’s shipments of drugs will be leaving Italy sometime next month,’ M told him and puffed on his pipe. ‘Destination UK.’
‘I see.’
‘Now Sir Raymond Valance has asked for my help and I’ve accepted.’ M told him. ‘I want you to locate and stop that shipment from reaching its destination. Simple as that. I know its run-of-the-mill stuff, but until the Switzerland affair is over I want you out of JIC’s way. Clear?’
Bond nodded.
‘I trust Grazianizi will give me the relevant details when I get there.’
‘He’s already been informed you’ll be on the job.’
‘When do I leave?’
M looked sternly across at Bond.
‘Hope you haven’t made any plans for this week-end, James.’
‘As a matter of fact, sir, I haven’t.’

Ian Fleming's masterspy James Bond OO7 is back again, ready to serve Her Majesty and thrill CBn Fan Fic readers with an all new, brilliant novel of suspense...

H A R R Y F A W K E S
M I D A S G O L D

‘I thought your husband was working today.’
‘He is, James.’ Sarah Jane told him in a seductive whisper. ‘We’ve got all afternoon to enjoy this bliss.’
Bond cocked an eyebrow.
‘Why has he just left work then and is on his way home?’ he asked.
It was Sarah Jane’s turn to go white.
‘What?!’ she almost shouted it. ‘Oh my God!’
She was off him in a flash.
Bond sighed heavily and watched her get dressed hysterically in front of him.
He reached for a cigarette and lit it, his face quite flushed.
‘Are we still on for tomorrow night?’ he asked.

BOND IS BACK

#65 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 05:28 PM

‘Well let’s just say I heard you were coming over. Something to do with ‘gold digging’ if I’m not mistaken.’
‘Any interest in the fella yourselves?’
‘It’s live and let live back in the States, James. As long as Mr. Nakamuro doesn’t set his ugly gaze on our patch, it’s everyman to his own unfortunately. We’ve got our own problems with the Colombians and the rest of the world as you know fine well.’
‘Of course,’ Bond said.

CHAPTER 4

COMING SOON

#66 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 08:30 PM

Bond hung up.
He went inside and opened a bottle of Scotch from the bar. Pouring a more than generous tot, he rammed it back then poured another, four fingers this time, and went outside again, bottle in hand.
Sitting there in the comfortable chair, gazing out into the calm night, he took a deep pull on the cigarette and blew out a long, dirty grey stream of smoke, thinking of Grazianizi and what he had said back in the restaurant.
‘...the drug trade is a very dangerous machina and so too is Midas Gold. La Machina del Diavolo. I am sure he is playing with other dangerous people on this job. The Mafia, the Camorra and last but not least the Marcuzzi even, who knows? I have a feeling that they will be investing lots of money into his operation which means you are on very dangerous ground...’
Dangerous ground, Bond reflected. He’d been treading dangerous grounds all his bloody life!
Bond drowned the Scotch and poured yet another. He looked down at the glass in his hand.
He’d been drinking a lot lately. Too much in fact. And he was getting slightly careless. How else could he explain tonight?
What the hell was happening to him?

COO7MING SOO7N
WITH ONE HELL
OF A
BLAST

#67 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 04:29 PM

TOMORROW

CHAPTER 4
AS GOOD AS GOLD

DAZZLING, FULL OF SUSPENSE, PROVOCATIVE READING

HARRY FAWKES'
FINEST

FROM HIS STUNNING SUCCESS IN

NOBODY CHEATS DEATH

SPEARHEAD

TROUBLESHOOTER

THE MOMENT BEFORE YOU DIE

JAMES BOND IS BACK

‘...Remember, Bond, no more cock-ups like Switzerland!
So, he thought, the Colonel was still under the impression that it was his fault things got messed up back in Switzerland. True, the whole ‘Black Fox’ affair had been a right damn catastrophe and every time he went over it inside his mind the same hard question hit him full in the face – had he called it wrong?

MIDASGOLD

#68 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 07:58 PM

COMING SOON

CHAPTER 5

THE
ACCEPTANCE
OF
DEATH

H A R R Y F A W K E S

#69 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 11:18 PM

New addition up now.

#70 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:04 PM

James Bond was a dangerous professional killer and a spy. He’d been working for the Secret Service for more years than he himself could remember now and held that most secret number ‘OO7’; a number that signified an agent who had killed and is privileged to kill on active service when he wants and how he wants.

The C.M.G made him one of the most highly decorated officers in the Double O Division, an award usually given only on retirement from the Secret Service and a measure of his worth.

He wasn’t a bad man, he observed of himself, but he was bloody ruthless and self indulgent, a man who enjoyed the fight, the action, the passion – not to mention the prizes.

It was part of his profession to kill people. He had never like doing it and when he had killed, he had done so as well as he knew how.

He killed as a soldier kills; in the field, destroying his enemies in the name of Queen and Country.

The secret though was to forget about it afterwards – to be cool about death as a surgeon.

Regret was unprofessional; worse, it was a death watch beetle in the soul...

SURE TO THRILL!

OUTSTANDING SUSPENSE!

JUICY VIOLENCE!

BREATHTAKING WITH NONSTOP ACTION

AND

SWEEPING SUSPENSE!

HARRYFAWKES
MIDASGOLD

#71 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:05 PM

The Acceptance of Death

‘...Dozo yoroshiku.’
It was a formal Japanese greeting and it took an eternity until James Bond’s mind started working again after the initial shock of coming face to face with these two katana wielding intruders.
It now raced wildly, gearing his thoughts anxiously into finding any possible responses to deal with this sudden and unexpected attack...
The men standing before him had a deadly evil in their eyes, the razor sharp blades of their long curved samurai swords glinting in the room’s bright light.
The man on his left smiled, revealing crooked and yellow teeth. He was broad, with thick shoulders and short, closely cropped silver hair and beard. The other was a big bull of a man, completely bold and with the face of a prize boxer, broken nose and all the scars to prove it.

COO7MING SOO7N

#72 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:49 PM

Ah, what the heck gentle reader - have a taste of things to come. Love Harry Fawkes B)

...Another rapid and violent strike came in and Bond side-stepped, this time plainly flustered, everything happening so fast that it was as if he was imagining it all. Their swords connected and ‘Crooked-teeth’ pushed in with dangerous ferocity. Upwards, sideways, downward, advancing. The sabres clashed and slashed viciously as the two men battled it out with great speed and brutal force. Bond was coming off worse...

Three days more and you'll know what exactly happens!

#73 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:42 PM

...It was more by luck, though, than judgement that he succeeded in meandering out of the sword’s path that in the end wounded him on his left arm just above his biceps. Another inch and second closer and his arm would have been taken off by the razor sharp blade. Bond cursed as ‘Crooked-teeth’ charged him again, blade raised. He forced the sword in another brutal arc and Bond slipped back, lurching backward. He bumped against the floor and blinked in horror at his opponent coming at him with brute force and determination...

NO HOLDS BARRED
WITH ALL THE STOPS
PULLED OUT...

...SIMPLY PUT

BREATHLESS

H A R R Y F A W K E S
M I D A S G O L D

#74 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:56 PM

I know, I know, I'm a bloody tease!

But then, how else am I gonna get people to read
MIDASGOLD, eh?

Enjoy...

''...It was about ten minutes later when a lithe and graceful woman appeared and stood in front of him, smiling delightfully. She was tall with olive coloured skin, glowing chestnut eyes and long black silken hair, feathered at the sides of an exquisite face with sharp Roman features. Despite the pain in his arm, Bond couldn’t help noting her stunning body that exuded nothing but a powerful and raw sexuality. She wore tight faded jean shorts which left little to one’s imagination and a Marie Claire pink top that ended just above a striking belly button with an earring in it, and that accentuated her slender upper body and thrusting breasts.
Nothing hit the spot like Italian fashion and its feisty, feminine shapes, Bond observed and looked deep into her inviting eyes.
Another time, another place perhaps.
He turned away and looked around again for his pursuer...
‘If I am not mistaken you drink Vodka Martinis, Mr. Bond,’ she called out above the music in English. Her voice was smooth, throaty and accented, ‘Shaken, not stirred, yes?’
Bond looked at her again, gobsmacked to say the least.
Who the devil?
‘That depends who I’m drinking with, Ms...?’ he said after a moment.
‘Ysabelle Valentina,’ she told him...''

CHAPTER 5

POSTED

Love and kisses, Harry Fawkes B)

#75 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:44 PM

Well, to anyone who is interested (Don't blame you if you're not, believe me) but I am now going to fix myself a glass of bubbly and smoke a much needed cigarette outside on the terrace and think about Bond and the sexy Ysabelle Valentina and where I'm going to take them next...

After that, I'm off to pack.

Yep, I'm going back to the UK with a friend on a very early flight (Nice relaxing holiday in the Brecon Beacons, lucky bloody me!!).

Where does that leave Harry Fawkes?

Well, he'll be back to treat (read torture) you.

That's a promise (if he survives of course B) )!

Now and then, just check the Fan Fic page.

Who knows?

Good night and may your God keep you safe and out of harm's evil eye

RM

#76 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 10:30 PM

No Chapter 5 posted as of 6:30pm EDT, but I'll check back later this evening as this sounds like a good one!

#77 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 01:38 AM

New addition up now.

#78 Automan

Automan

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:41 AM

Worth the wait,

cool story

#79 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:08 PM

Our man is definitely getting nicked-up in this novel. Well-done, Harry. B)

#80 Major Tallon

Major Tallon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:22 AM

I generally steer clear of fan fictions, but I had some time on my hands, and I thought I'd give this one a read. Just starting, so my impressions are preliminary, but I think you've done a nice job with it.

I hope you'll not feel "a man dismay'd" but that initial Tennyson quotation is "Theirs but to do and die."

I'm looking forward to charging in deeper!

#81 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 10:54 PM

A quick shoot in and out, as they say.

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to have a shot at reading Midas Gold, Major Tallon.

I must say, it is quite an honour indeed but I sincerely hope it doesn't turn out to be a 'major' disapointment (no pun intended).

Also, and most importantly, i think it was very kind of you to point out the actual Tennyson quotation.

I will rectify that with a quick edit as soon as I'm done on this page.

Anyway, just a quick teaser to show you all that I am still writing away although I am, as they say, up to my neck in 'it'.

Catch you soon and best regards. Hope you are enjoying summer!

Touch of Gold

Earlier on that day, a sleek black AS 356B3 Eurocopter took off from Villa Paruzio in Frascati at precisely 1415 and flew directly through the bright blue sky to Leonardo da Vinci airport in Fiumicino in just under thirty-nine minutes.
One of the passengers’s most trusted and loyal men was waiting beside a chauffer driven Bentley opposite the VIP landing pad further on. In his mid thirties, he had very long black hair, a strong jaw below high cheekbones and a pair of piercing black eyes that seemed to look at everything with dangerous disdain...
The passenger unclipped his belt and climbed down holding a light brown leather briefcase and the man with black eyes bowed as low as he could go as the passenger approached.
Konnishizu domo, sensei,’ he said with feeling.
Arigato, Kenso-san,’ the passenger answered, bowed slightly and handed him the briefcase.
By three thirty p.m. they had cleared the traffic coming out of the airport and were now travelling fast towards Isola Sacra. The route the Japanese chauffeur was instructed to take guaranteed security against any possible assassination attempts on the passenger’s life.
Then again, he observed, who in God’s name would be crazy enough to even think of assassinating the man called Shiseido Kogane?

Love Harry Fawkes

#82 Major Tallon

Major Tallon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:34 PM

Some thoughts on the prelude.

You write with your own style and wisely haven't attempted too close an emulation of Fleming. That's wise. I've seen it tried, and it's very nearly impossible to bring off. Your prose is straightforward, readable and engaging.

I liked your reference to Skorzeny, quite an amazing fellow in real life. Fleming made a fair number of references to actual espionage agents, and citing the Mussolini operation is very much in the Fleming tradition.

I'm glad you took the time to describe the preliminary stages of the assault, the sensation of being in a Hercules at high altitude and flying the hang gliders (I've done neither, but I've been inside a Herc that was part of a static display). These passages increase the tension level, and then, with the assault itself, you really let rip. The assault was exciting and written with great dash.

As a criticism, I'm a newcomer to your work, so I wasn't fully aware of what DOMINION is, or why catching the Black Fox is all that important an objective, though they're obviously bad guys. Your M ("The Colonel") seems to be neither Fleming's M nor EON's and I've been left wondering a bit about that. A line or two of backward looking for newcomers is always helpful in later books in a series, so that new readers can have an appreciation of what's at stake in the current mission.

Finally for now, I don't know if you've been influenced by the Titan comics, or even if you're aware of them, but the Lawrence/ Horak stories have frequently moved the M scenes out of M's office and into a briefing room that appears very like the one you've described. Also, the comic stories have often involved the Bill Tanner character as a co-briefer with M. That may be just coincidence in Midas Gold, and, if it is, it's like Connery said in Diamonds Are Forever: "Small world."

More later!

#83 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:16 PM

Major Tallon, you've perfectly pointed out what I find interesting in Mr. Fawkes's Bond fanfics: a very personal, independent take on Bond and his world, associated with a great power of narrating stories (I can't help being impressed, seeing how I have to go through all the pains of Hell to squeeze a single poor sentence out of me :tdown: ) B)

Yep, I'm going back to the UK with a friend on a very early flight (Nice relaxing holiday in the Brecon Beacons, lucky bloody me!!).

Trying the "Long Drag", by any chance?! Have a nice time anyway, dear! :tdown:

#84 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:50 PM

TEASERS FROM CHAPTER 6:

The door opened and they all turned as a giant of a man entered.
He was bigger than two Summo wrestlers put together, and ugliness in all its personification. He was Japanese, dressed in baggy grey suit and must have weighed at least thirty-five stone. He was a deaf mute and as he moved into the room, his red eyes fixed onto Salvatore...
Nakamuro said,
‘Allow me to introduce Torosami Suliman, gentlemen...

Are you aware that this year alone, the European Union pumped an estimated 2 billion euros into the counter-narcotics industry,’ asked one of the Russians. ‘How can we value your spirit that you can succeed where we have been thus far failing?’
‘True,’ Nakamuro said. ‘The EU’s new strategy has had a very harsh impact on your ‘trade’ so I do not blame your trepidation to invest in a project like mine, especially when this year alone, 95 percent of everything you smuggled in from the ‘Golden Crescent’ was picked up by the British and EU Anti Narcotics Squads.

He made his first million out of prostitution, extortion and kidnapping a year after taking over and in next to no time Yamada began travelling, introducing his new Keretsu of crime in Shikoku, Kyūshū and the Ryukyu Islands. Although most of the other Yakuza groups and Kaichos resented him for killing Ishimeezu Kateshi, they could only admire his manliness, his hito ningen and it was in the mid seventies when a number of Oyabun chiefs devised for him another darker key to earn money, real money.
It was agreed that the narcotics trade was the new way forward for their organisations and they needed to import it from the USA on a large scale into Tokyo. They decided that someone like Yamada Nakamuro and his band of shienshay was what they needed to administer the stuff on the streets for them and it was this idea, of making more money, that filled Yamada with dreams of becoming even more powerful than he already was...

Well, hiya all. Hope you are well and safe and enjoying life (it's too short not to believe me!). Anyway, what a boost to my moral that was upon logging on to this page after a wretched day in the field to read Major Tallon's review.

I was, to put it mildly, thunderstruck!

I've never been honoured with such a long review before and it felt great that someone,
other than my few friendly readers that I am blessed with, spared the time to even bother.

Thanks a million, Major Tallon.

Having said that, don't worry if you find the rest of the story unbearable and crappy. The fact that at least you liked the first few pages is great. Cheers. Really.

And yes, MkB, girl dear, you could say I'm trying out the 'Long Drag' for one very last time. In a 'rescuers' capacity, if you get my drift that is B) Thanks for your warm post by the way :tdown:

AND NOW THEN BACK TO

MIDASGOLD

WARNING WARNING WARNING

Please kindly note that some of you out there may find what I wrote in Chapter 6 slightly disturbing. I am not trying to trigger your curiosity by writing this warning note. It is true. I wasn't going to post it at first and was going to change the whole scene around but I couldn't.

Please, if you are not of age and impress easily then skip this particular chapter. I can get carried away sometimes and it wouldn't be fair if I didn't warn you. A mate of mine told me that I'm sick sometimes - maybe he's right!

You were warned

Harry Fawkes

PS I had to change the title of Chapter 6 from Touch of Gold to 'Rape Him'. Hope you'll excuse the inconveniance.

CHAPTER 6

'RAPE HIM'

NOW POSTED

#85 Major Tallon

Major Tallon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:27 AM

Hope I've been encouraging, Harry.

As for Chapters One and Two, they're setup, and effectively written setup is critical in a thriller. I was happy with both the M scene and the initial discussion with Grazianizi. It was particularly nice that this latter discourse was carried out over a meal, as it gave you a chance to delve into the topic of food, an important part of Bond's world that's all too infrequently included in the post-Fleming stories.

I also liked Bond's moments of self-appraisal, both in noting his appearance in the mirror and, while waiting at the airport, in thinking through the nature of his profession.

Generally speaking, I'd say the writing was effective in being reminiscent of Fleming's without attempting a knock-off. As I said before, you've chosen your own style. The main stylistic difference was in the Moneypenny scene, where the dialog was distinctly cheeky. This is Brosnan territory, and none the worse for that, though the tone differed from the overall tone of what you've written.

Finally, I don't know if your CID official was intended to be the same one that Fleming wrote about, but, if so, his name was Ronnie, rather than Raymond.

All the best,

Major T

#86 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:32 AM

New addition up now.

#87 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:01 AM

Dear Major Tallon my M ("The Colonel") is neither Fleming's M nor EON's and because you've been left wondering a bit about that I took the liberty to post an extract from my first Fan Fic NOBODY CHEATS DEATH. Just to give you an insight as to where I went with him:

Lately Bond had seriously considered resigning, especially when the new M had taken over the Double ‘O’ Division and now he found himself regretting the fact that he hadn’t. If there was one thing he despised it was being used as bait to flush someone out in the open.
The Double ‘O’ Division had gone through a series of changes again lately. It had become more and more elite and was focussed further on assassination tasks rather than Intelligence gathering, as was the policy under the previous M. It now worked outside the normal rules of law on extremely delicate operations more than ever and its sole purpose was to deal harshly with men and women who used violence to enforce their ideals.
What was it the new M, an ex SAS Colonel, had told him during his first interview with him just after the July London bomb attacks?
‘We are going to trade violence with violence, Bond, however unpalatable it may seem to some. We are at war and this division is going to hunt down terrorists and subversive activists and, for want of a better word, dispose of them. To do so though one will have to unleash the proverbial dogs of war. Men like you Bond. Simply put, we are going to offer tough approaches for very tough situations. That is why the Double ‘O’ Division was set up in the first place way back during the cold war and that is why men like you were given a licence to kill. Changing world and changing times dictate new approaches and methods of fighting the enemy. The Double ‘O’ Division has seen the last of pompous Whitehall directives and politicians dictating its policy. We are now answerable solely to the Prime Minister and that’s the way it should be. Have you got a problem with that Bond?’
Bond remembered finding himself almost shocked at the question.
‘No, Sir,’ he had said firmly. ‘Absolutely not, and with all due respect may I remind you that disposing of subversive activists and terrorists has been my job for years.’
M had risen from his desk and had moved over to the window, looking out across the river.
‘What was it Sir Miles used to call you in the old days, Bond, eh? The country’s troubleshooter. Well, under my command that is exactly what you and the other Double ‘O’s are going to be. Troubleshooters…’
Troubleshooter and bait, Bond thought as he shook the recollections of that day out of his head. As soon as this affair was over however, and if he survived, he would resign for sure this time. He’d been flirting with death way too long now. The new M and the new Double ‘O’ Section could go and stuff themselves for all he cared. This affair was going to be the final straw...

Best regards

Harry

Oh, and by the way: as for your question about being inspiring believe me when I tell you that inspiring is the understatement of the year!
It was a morale boost second to none B) !

#88 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:13 PM

"Rape Him"

Best.
Chapter.
Title.
Ever.

Can't compete with stuff like that.

#89 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:27 PM

Haven't read chapter 6 yet, but agree with Jim whole-heartedly!

#90 Trident

Trident

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2658 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:02 AM

Harry,

I haven't had yet the time to appropriately savour your work. Yet. But I have to confess that your latest entry made me have a peek right in the middle of your story (which I generally avoid, to appreciate any work relatively unspoilt). Now, what can I say?

Perhaps 'Gut-wrenching!!!'

(No pun intended, in neither direction! This is truly a compliment and all readers will get the point of it no later than at the end of Chapter 6.)