Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 07:12 PM

H a r r y F a w k e s
M I D A S G O L D

They’d been searching for James Bond all over France for two days until they finally located him at a small villa situated overlooking Royale-les-Eaux. He had planned to spend the last few days of his leave there in the fine company of a very attractive woman, but, thanks no less to the luck of the devil, he was urgently required back at headquarters. A special plane was waiting at Dieppe Airport, a Cessna Conquest that would take off at 2100 hrs, and their orders were to make sure that it did so with him on board.
And no, neither of the two SIS agents who’d come for him knew what the hell it was all about...
The black helicopter that had picked him up from the airfield in Kent made the short flight to central London in less than the usual twenty minutes and it now plunged in from the Houses of Parliament across the river towards Vauxhall, landing on the roof of the MI6 building.
Dressed in a navy worsted suit and black knitted tie, he passed the two armed C13 Anti Terrorist Police officers standing guard at the entrance and went through...
‘At long last.’ Bill Tanner said. He’d come up to greet him. ‘Next time, could you kindly leave a contact number? M’s bloody furious, to say the least.’
‘What’s going on?’
‘All in good time, James, all in good time.’
The Chief of Staff led him to the lift and they rode it down to the Situation Room where he met two other junior Double O agents who’d also been summoned by M.
‘Right, gentlemen, now that we’re all here, I suggest you wait for the Colonel in the briefing room. He’ll be down shortly.’
It was about ten minutes later when M walked briskly in.
He wore a charcoal grey pinstriped suite and blue tie and he crossed to the podium set in front of them, sitting down at a large desk and looking Bond rather hard in the eye.
‘Good of you to join us, Commander Bond,’ he said severely. ‘I do hope you weren’t inconvenienced too much by my summons, handed out two bloody days ago!’
Bond stared at him with an unblinking gaze.
‘Sir.’
‘Considering the nature of our work, double O seven, one would expect a seasoned agent such as yourself to leave knowledge of your whereabouts with Ms Moneypenny at all times.’ M retorted and leaned back in the chair. ‘However, we’ll come back to that issue later. In my office.’
There was a long heavy silence and then M continued.
‘Now for the reason why I’ve summoned you. As you know fine well, for the past several months this division has been concentrating most of its efforts in hunting down all members of the organisation known as DOMINION. So far we’ve been successful in tracking down and eliminating twelve of them but unfortunately one particular member has managed to elude us. Chief-of-Staff.’
‘Codename Black Fox,’ Bill Tanner said. ‘Local and foreign stations, allied foreign secret services and Interpol have been engaged in a worldwide effort to find this man and apprehend him. However, not since Osama bin Laden has such a worldwide hunt proved unsuccessful given the workforce behind it. Every detective work, every scrap of rumour, every lead has unfortunately proved abortive. It’s as if the ex-US Secretary of State-turned-fugitive has vanished into thin air – up till two days ago, that is.’

C O M I N G S O O N

#3 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 04:34 PM

...James Bond laughed bitterly. 'Death lays her icy hand on everyone, even you.'

'You're mad Bond. Kill me and you seal the lid to your coffin. With me alive you get to leave the island in one piece. I'm the only man who can help you on this one.'

'And I trust you?'

'I give you my word.'

Bond shook his head. 'The spilled blood of my colleague cries for revenge.'

James Bond's legs suddenly numbed then and he crashed to the floor.

Rogan acted immediately.

He darted for the Browning which had fallen from Double O Seven's hand and pointed at him.

'Sweet dreams you English bastard!' he screamed and squeezed the trigger....

H a r r y F a w k e s
M I D A S G O L D

#4 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:12 PM

Ooh.

#5 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:17 PM

THE BIGGEST & BEST PRE-TITLE SEQUENCE TO EVER HIT THESE PAGES IS COMING YOUR WAY
JAMES BOND IS BACK

IN

THE MOST EXCITING PRE-TITLE SEQUENCE EVER WRITTEN IN FAN-FICTION HISTORY

THERE'S ONLY ONE WAY TO LIVE...

ON THE EDGE WITH

H A R R Y F A W K E S

YOU HAVE MY WORD

#6 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:49 PM

Uh? A fan-fic pre-title sequence?? A prequel???

Intriguing... B)

#7 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:58 PM

Me ready now, Mr Harry!

#8 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:46 PM

Uh? A fan-fic pre-title sequence?? A prequel???

Intriguing... :tdown:

B) Yep a prequel of sorts to the main story. A prelude of things to come perhaps. Whatever it is, it'll be hot, mon ami!

Me ready now, Mr Harry!

Ah, Double-0-7, I was expecting you.

Almost there, friend. I'm sure you'll enjoy the end product (And thanks as usual for being there).

#9 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:58 PM

SATURDAY 27 JUNE 2009

PRELUDE

THE
POINT
OF
A
KILL

...'As things stand Her Majesty’s Secret Service has marked him for death. Which, by the way, is why this is a deniable operation. I need not remind you that should anything go wrong you will be left out to dry.’
‘What’s new in that,’ Bond said under his breath and gazed through the contents of his file.
‘I’m sure you’ll also appreciate the fact that we’ve got to move fast on this one, gentlemen. Time is against us. If Black Fox gets wind that we’re coming for him God knows where he’ll disappear to next. We might not be so lucky in finding him next time. Double O Seven?’
Bond looked up at the Colonel.
‘Sir?’
‘Well, what do you think, man? We haven’t got all night!’
Bond thought for a moment.
‘Skorzeny, sir,’ he said after a few moments.
‘What on earth does that bloody mean?!’
‘Otto Skorzeny, sir. This whole thing reminds me of the Gran Sasso operation way back in 1943...

ONE NAME SPELLS EXCITEMENT AND RED HOT ACTION

H A R R Y F A W K E S

#10 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:59 PM

Yumster.

#11 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 09:51 PM

Hi Jim.

How are you?

It is always great to hear from you.

Hooooooowever, shouldn't you be at your desk finishing off Chapter 11 of JUST ANOTHER KILL?

Heeeelllloooo!!!

We want Chapter 11 please!

( Now I know why I waste my time writing crap fan-fic and trying to sell it off as the next best thing....CAUSE I'M WAITING FOR THE NEXT INSTALMENT OF Jacques I.M. Stewart's JUST ANOTHER KILL! )

B) Get writing JIM...Please

#12 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:20 AM

Hi Jim.

How are you?

Hooooooowever, shouldn't you be at your desk finishing off Chapter 11 of JUST ANOTHER KILL?

Heeeelllloooo!!!

( Now I know why I waste my time writing crap fan-fic and trying to sell it off as the next best thing....CAUSE I'M WAITING FOR THE NEXT INSTALMENT OF Jacques I.M. Stewart's JUST ANOTHER KILL! )

Oh, finished that ages ago. Am currently tinkering with chapter 14.

#13 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 01:02 PM

Hi Harry,

Glad you got a spine tingling thrill reading To Kill and Die For.

So, now you are suitably inspired lets have the PTS for Midas Gold.

No pressure (but the World is waiting!)

#14 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:05 PM

Hi Jim.

How are you?

Heeeelllloooo!!!

Oh, finished that ages ago. Am currently tinkering with chapter 14.

Where are the other chapters? I can't seem to find them for God's sake! Have you posted them. How come I can't find them.

'Cry Havoc and let slip the dogs of war on JIM for getting me reved up!

:tdown:

Hi Harry,

Glad you got a spine tingling thrill reading To Kill and Die For.

So, now you are suitably inspired lets have the PTS for Midas Gold.

No pressure (but the World is waiting!)

Coming my friend and it's gonna be a blast (I hope anyway :tdown: )

#15 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:31 PM

MkB could you kindly translate Angel's Tearsin French for me? I really would appreciate it, mon ami.

Cheers.

#16 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:53 PM

MkB could you kindly translate Angel's Tearsin French for me? I really would appreciate it, mon ami.

Cheers.

My pleasure: out of context, Les larmes de l'ange would be my translation. Feel free to PM with more context if you want.

Cheers!

#17 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:34 PM

I'm going to do better than that, mon ami. Would you mind if I sent you the part where I use Les larmes de l'ange by post sometime on Tuesday.

I know you've got plenty on your plate at the moment so don't worry if you can't check it out for me.

It's not very long.

Besides you'll do me the honour of reading most of the Pre title sequence before anyone else. Call it a special Premier. B)

Roger

#18 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:56 PM

Wow! I'd be very honoured, dear! B)

#19 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:04 PM

Mon ami, vouse et un beau ange :tdown:

Merci beaucoup

Rojer B)

#20 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 09:50 PM

It was about three o’clock in the morning and Bond got out of bed and into his clothes. He looked down at Gabby and smiled. He’d call her as soon as Operation ‘Pegasus’ was over and done with. Perhaps he’d take a couple of weeks off from work if he survived and enjoy some more time with her. She definitely was worth it.
He went out into the living room and as he was about to wear his coat he heard some feint movement behind the door.
Bond remained perfectly still and strained his ears.
Had it been his imagination?
The floorboards in the corridor just outside the door creaked and then the doorknob was gently pulled down then up again as if someone was trying the door...
Bond quickly recovered his Walther from his coat and checked the action, thumbing off the safety.
He then crossed the room to the darker side of the door.
He held his breath.
Could his cover have blown?
Had he been spotted back at that hotel by Black Fox’s men?
His heart missed a couple of beats at the thought and he heard the barely audible sound of scratching at the door.
Whoever was out there was picking the lock.
Beads off sweat appeared on his brow.
Two or three minutes later and he heard the soft click of the door opening and it was pushed slightly ajar as someone looked through.
Suddenly it was open and a hand holding a silenced pistol extended into the room, then the dark shadow of a man came in.
Bond grabbed the man’s arm and pulled his body the rest of the way into the room, slamming him sideways up against the wall and driving a knee into his groin...

H A R R Y F A W K E S

M I D A S G O L D

#21 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 09:19 PM

No more posts untill Saturday. I am working this week so I'll just have time to finnish off my Prelude and pop in once in a while. What can I say about The point of a Kill? Well...

THIS ONE IS THE BIG ONE

THIS IS BOND AT HIS BEST

FAST, THRILLING, FULL OF ACTION, FULL OF EXCITMENT

DIFFERENT IN A WAY FROM THE OTHERS

WHAT CAN I SAY MORE THAN THAT...JUST THAT IT IS NOTHING LESS THAN

G O L D

SEE YOU SATURDAY

#22 Greene Planet

Greene Planet

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 316 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 07:35 PM

I CAN'T WAIT, oh I haven't been on here in a while.

#23 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:14 PM

...The silence that followed the kills was indeed eerie.
‘Big boys rules, lads,’ Bond said softly. ‘Shouldn’t have joined in.’
He stood there, looking down at the two dead bodies, his face damp with sweat, strangely feeling calm though, the Walther now against his thigh.
It became very cold and he took out a cigarette and lit one, looking up at the black sky.
After a few moments, he produced his mobile phone and dialled some numbers.
‘Yes,’ came the voice on the other end.
It was the Duty Officer back at Headquarters.
‘Double O Seven here. I need a quick status check on ‘Black Fox’.’

O O 7
H A R R Y F A W K E S

#24 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:52 PM

The engines reached a blaring hurl and the Hercules staggered ahead as the propellers sliced the air. Soon after, it gathered speed, hard, along the long grey strip. Bond and his men waited, focussed on the trial ahead, the bellow of the wheels and engine thrashing in their ears. The plane jolted heavily, as if it had hit a hefty bump and then they felt it haul itself into the air and embark on its ascent into the great banks of white clouds in a bright blue sky.

#25 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:31 PM

Well, first I must apologies for the delay. Unfortunately I was caught in some rather pressing business (more of which later). As for my PRELUDE to Midas Gold, I can safely say that it is everything Bond should be and more, much more (if I may say so myself that is).

Why don't I post it then? You may be asking. I tried but I think I've forgotten how to to tell you the truth. Usually I copy and paste the damn thing and press POST. This time I couldn't find POST though.

Black Fox at work, perhaps?

Damn the man!

Ah, well, it is late and I'm working early again so I'll log off and maybe the little people in my PC’ll fix the problem whilst I'm asleep.

What's one more day till the arrival of the biggest, the best and most exciting Harry Fawkes' Bond novel to hit the Fan Fic pages, eh?

An eternity in hell!

HF

#26 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:39 PM

Ah, it must be the Irish blood in me. Here's a quick tease you naughty people you:

The Double O agent pivoted to his left, reaching for his 357 Sig pistol as he sidestepped the inward-bound glinting blade.
James Bond took a few moments to get up, dazed from the kick.
He aimed at the assailant with the sword who continued slashing towards Stead. Unexpectedly though, the swordsman shifted to the left and circled his partner, out of Bond’s aim, and then they were out in the corridor.
‘Aieeeka!’ screamed the swordsman.
He was fast, too fast and his movements were professionally coordinated as the polished steel of the sword hissed through the air around him.
Hayaaaaeee!’
B)!’ Bond hissed and went out after them.
He aimed along the pistol’s sights, sweat and blood pouring down his forehead. If only they’d stop blasted moving, stand still for God’s sake...

G O L D

#27 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:40 PM

Why don't I post it then? You may be asking. I tried but I think I've forgotten how to to tell you the truth. Usually I copy and paste the damn thing and press POST. This time I couldn't find POST though.

Black Fox at work, perhaps?

Or could it be MI6, blocking MIDAS GOLD because of the Official Secrets Act?! B)

#28 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:47 PM

Probably, mon ami B) I'll have to try again tomorrow when I get back from work - If I bloody get back from work that is :tdown: .

Roger

#29 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:52 PM

You're killing me Harry!

Are you waiting for a proof-reader, if so I can offer two critical eyes (luckily I read much better than I write). B)

#30 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:56 PM

Probably, mon ami B) I'll have to try again tomorrow when I get back from work - If I bloody get back from work that is :tdown: .

Roger

Cheer up mate! I'll drink a Kinnie to your health! :tdown: