6 replies to this topic

#1 bond_azoozbond

bond_azoozbond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 383 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:16 PM

Well 5 dayes until E32009 will open ,im asking myself and asking you guys are we going to see the new bond game on Activision Conference ???

#2 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 04:12 PM

It seems unlikely, since we haven't heard any news for months on the subject.

But, that may mean that something is planned. I hope we see something, at least.

#3 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 05:31 PM

Probably not, but we will be seeing some other good looking spy games like Splinter Cell: Conviction and Alpha Protocol, and hopefully something on EA's Bourne game. I don't think we'll hear about a new Bond game for a while.

#4 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:59 PM

They'd better take their time with the next game if they want me playing it. I can't be arsed if it is of the same quality the last few releases have been. Everything or Nothing was the last decent Bond game.

Kind of enjoyed the QoS game, but it's extremely linear and uninspired in every way. The voice acting was also frequently awful. Just look at the recreation of the train scene from CR, the usually excellent Eva Green sounds like she's about to fall asleep.

#5 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:56 AM

Doubtful, in my opinion.

#6 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:31 AM

Well 5 dayes until E32009 will open ,im asking myself and asking you guys are we going to see the new bond game on Activision Conference ???

Well as they have supposedly been working on a Bond driving themed game for a while, we may get a title, description, and a couple of screen shots. Or not. The main Activision presentation will be all about Modern Warfare 2, obviously.

#7 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:27 PM

Well as they have supposedly been working on a Bond driving themed game for a while, we may get a title, description, and a couple of screen shots. Or not. The main Activision presentation will be all about Modern Warfare 2, obviously.

Of course. Call of Duty is Activision's only real concern. Other corporations like Konami will market mothership titles (such as the MG/MGS games), but they still actively create and advertise other projects. Activision basically found something that will sell and are afraid of trying anything different for fear that it won't sell remotely as well as the Call of Duty games.