Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:57 PM

Which one? B)

#3 bond4life

bond4life

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:58 PM

You know the scene where he told him to sit down?

#4 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 10:01 PM

Oh! Bond and Yussef. I misread the thread title, sorry.

I can't be bothered to write out an explination.

So this is from Wikipedia...

Bond goes to Kazan, Russia, where he confronts Vesper Lynd's former lover, Yusef Kabira. Yusef is a member of Quantum who seduces high-ranking women with valuable connections, getting them to give up government assets as ransom for himself in fake kidnappings where he is supposedly held hostage. He is attempting to do the same with Canadian agent Corinne Veneau, even giving her the same kind of necklace he gave Vesper. Surprising them at Yusef's apartment, Bond tells Corinne about Vesper and advises her to alert the Canadian Security Intelligence Service. As Bond is leaving Yusef's apartment he is confronted by M, who is surprised that Bond did not kill Yusef, but rather left him alive for questioning.

B)

#5 bond4life

bond4life

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 10:06 PM

Oh! Bond and Yussef. I misread the thread title, sorry.

I can't be bothered to write out an explination.

So this is from Wikipedia...

Bond goes to Kazan, Russia, where he confronts Vesper Lynd's former lover, Yusef Kabira. Yusef is a member of Quantum who seduces high-ranking women with valuable connections, getting them to give up government assets as ransom for himself in fake kidnappings where he is supposedly held hostage. He is attempting to do the same with Canadian agent Corinne Veneau, even giving her the same kind of necklace he gave Vesper. Surprising them at Yusef's apartment, Bond tells Corinne about Vesper and advises her to alert the Canadian Security Intelligence Service. As Bond is leaving Yusef's apartment he is confronted by M, who is surprised that Bond did not kill Yusef, but rather left him alive for questioning.

B)

Thank you very much

#6 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 10:08 PM

Pardon my ignorance here, but what exactly confused you about the scene? Pretty straight forward if you ask me.

#7 Paul Scrabo

Paul Scrabo

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 04:07 AM

The first time I saw the film, I had questions about that scene as well. Nothing wrong with that at all and thanks bond4life for the question. I did not think the film itself was straight forward anyway B)

#8 byline

byline

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:46 PM

I understood the scene well enough, but on first viewing, was thinking surely there was another scene, a final showdown with Mr. White. And, sure enough, there was; it's just that it was left out of the final edit. When I first heard about that, I was a little annoyed, but since then I've decided that the ending is perfect as is.

#9 Panavision

Panavision

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:33 PM

Having seen the film once only -- I might watch it again soon -- the coda of the film should have been the film's main story, or at least played a bigger part in it. The scene isn't organic to what we have seen already. Just my opinion.