This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Daily Mail EON interview: Bond 23 filming next year.

32 replies to this topic

#1 Pierce - Daniel

Pierce - Daniel

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 12:03 PM

http://www.dailymail...-Jack-Cash.html

#2 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 12:25 PM

Difficult to tell from this whether this is something Barbara Broccoli has told the writer, or whether it's mere speculation on his part.

#3 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 12:36 PM

I think we may get an October/November 2010 release then, if this is true. Or quite possibly, we may get a Summer 2011 release. It really depends if Bond 23 starts filming in Jan/Feb or the fall.

#4 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 02:21 PM

Personnaly I think we all knew bond 23 was going to begin filming in 2010 Now wether it's January 2010 or December 2010 that is the main question.

However the more i think about it the more i'd honestly be ok with a summer 2011 release date provided i still get everything i want (Great fleming or flemingesque title an awesome down to earth plot gritty action sequnces and a Rock and Roll bond theme in the same vein we have been getting and i'm Happy)

That said I wouldn't mind a november 2010 releae either.

#5 sthgilyadgnivileht

sthgilyadgnivileht

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1854 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 02:35 PM

"The pre-planning on the next Bond film has begun, and it will shoot next year with Daniel Craig in his third outing as 007".
That's extremely vague.
You could argue the Bond films are always being pre planned for starters. Secondly we know Craig will be playing Bond. The only thing of any substance is 'will shoot next year'. Even shooting dates have been postponed in EON's history. For me it means very little.
I would like a bit of time to be spent planning 23 to get a better film. I'm hoping therefore it will shoot later rather than sooner. I see 23 as crucial. It needs to be 'right' and be better than CR and QOS if thats possible. We want trends of Connery (GF) and Moore (TSWLM) and not Brosnan (TWINE).

#6 Mr. Somerset

Mr. Somerset

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 02:56 PM

I have a feeling they are aiming for a traditional November release in 2010. Just a hunch......B) Whether it ends up that way is another matter.

#7 danielcraigisjamesbond007

danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:23 PM

I think we may get an October/November 2010 release then, if this is true. Or quite possibly, we may get a Summer 2011 release. It really depends if Bond 23 starts filming in Jan/Feb or the fall.

But remember the problem with Licence to Kill? It opened in the summer of '89 and look at the movies that it was competing with. That's why the Bond films are always in the late fall, so that it doesn't compete with the "BIG" summer movies.

#8 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:25 PM

Are we getting another Indiana Jones film in 2011? I think we will be getting Batman 3, Oh, and The Deathly Hollows.

Yeah, you're right, fall seems the best bet.

#9 danielcraigisjamesbond007

danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:29 PM

Are we getting another Indiana Jones film in 2011? I think we will be getting Batman 3, Oh, and The Deathly Hollows.

Yeah, you're right, fall seems the best bet.

Yeah. Look at it this way, too. Indy 4 and Dark Knight both opened up in summer of 08, because they were "BIG" movies. Plus, school was over, so people had more time to go to the movies.

#10 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:43 PM

Hmm. Seems like conjecture from the writer to me, but hopefully they'll get things up and running next year, though right now that still seems very unlikely. Nice bit on Cubby there, though. B)

#11 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:07 PM

My feelings on bond 23 have changed a lot

Actually with Batman i hear rumours it's 2012 not 2011 for the release of the third film.

007 I'd prefer 2010 but if i can get a film id' enjoy more in summer of 2011 then fine.

#12 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:38 PM

Sorry, but I've got two words of caution here... "Daily" and "Mail".

#13 sthgilyadgnivileht

sthgilyadgnivileht

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1854 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:44 PM

Well Jason Solomon's interview for the Guardian with BB and MGW somewhat contradicts things anyway.

#14 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:50 PM

I find the Daily Mail to be much more reliable than The Scum. B)

#15 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 09:23 AM

There is nothing reliable about the Daily Mail - apart from maybe its daily attempts at racism, homophobia, BBC bashing and pretending it is some moral compass for Britain when it is one of the most shoddily written and owned rags in circulation.

At least The Sun doesn't pretend to be something it isn't.

#16 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 10:44 AM

There is nothing reliable about the Daily Mail - apart from maybe its daily attempts at racism, homophobia, BBC bashing and pretending it is some moral compass for Britain when it is one of the most shoddily written and owned rags in circulation.

Also let's not forget that The Daily Mail proudly announced the "exclusive" that Rose Byrne was playing Vesper Lynd.

#17 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 10:55 AM

Other than being a righteous paper permanently on the side of the common man (it also has a long history of homophobia).

My paper of choice is The Independent. I'm not a fan of the Mail. However....

Wasn't it the Mail that in early 2004 broke the story (initially dismissed as garbage by fans, of course) of Brosnan being dropped?

Also, what's wrong with BBC-bashing? :tdown:

#18 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 12:05 PM

Also, what's wrong with BBC-bashing? B)

Quite a lot if you want the last remaining decent public service Britain has to survive.

#19 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 12:17 PM

Quite a lot if you want the last remaining decent public service Britain has to survive.

Decent?!

#20 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 01:03 PM

Don't worry, the BBC's survival is assured. The monarchy will fall before the Beeb does.

#21 sthgilyadgnivileht

sthgilyadgnivileht

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1854 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 01:50 PM

Somewhat off topic I know, but I have to express my agreement with your comments about the Daily Mail Zorin Indusrtries, and about the BBC.

Edited by sthgilyadgnivileht, 11 April 2009 - 04:37 PM.

#22 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:35 PM

The Daily Mail stinks. The Sun is appropriately printed on a substance resembling toilet paper. The BBC is okay, but a shadow of its former self. Channel Four is still pretty good. ITV is on life support and should have the plug pulled. Channel Five is a bit better now than when it was a pørn channel. Bond 23 will be out in 2010 and Bond 24 will be out in 2012.

#23 double o ego

double o ego

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 07:09 PM

I keep saying this and I'll say it again. There's no way Bond 23 will have a 2011 summer release. I don't care how many years Bond has been around and how popular he is in this regard. The competition is just too ridiculously steep and crowded and it'll just be a wasted opportunity on Eon's part, especially if you take into account the economic climate that doesn't look to drastically change for at least another 3 years.

#24 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:25 AM

I keep saying this and I'll say it again. There's no way Bond 23 will have a 2011 summer release. I don't care how many years Bond has been around and how popular he is in this regard. The competition is just too ridiculously steep and crowded and it'll just be a wasted opportunity on Eon's part, especially if you take into account the economic climate that doesn't look to drastically change for at least another 3 years.

Which actually bodes well for cinema attendances across the board.

Bond is a known quantity with the widest ranging audience. Other films will challenge its box office, but not hamper it. People go to the cinema more than once a year. And those that don't chose Bond over, for example, the third Batman film.

#25 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:32 AM

The Daily Mail stinks. The Sun is appropriately printed on a substance resembling toilet paper. The BBC is okay, but a shadow of its former self. Channel Four is still pretty good. ITV is on life support and should have the plug pulled. Channel Five is a bit better now than when it was a pørn channel. Bond 23 will be out in 2010 and Bond 24 will be out in 2012.

I hope your right would love to see a new bond film well next year B)

#26 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:24 AM

Don't hold your breaths.

#27 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 01:44 PM

Since Frank Marshall has recently stated that the next Bourne film is targeted for a release in 2011, EON might have accelerated their plans and are indeed trying to get Bond 23 into theaters in 2010.

Which would be fine with me. B)

#28 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:59 PM

U never know

#29 sthgilyadgnivileht

sthgilyadgnivileht

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1854 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:27 PM

Notwithstanding, Eon are always pre planning, I have not seen any evidence to suggest any 'proper' work has begun for 23. I don't get the impression Eon are in any hurry at all at the moment, but that's just my intuition I suppose.

#30 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:48 PM

Don't hold your breaths.

Zorin, are you saying that BOND 23 will not be made for release in 2010, and if so why are you so sure of this?