This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

CBn Reviews 'Quantum of Solace'

62 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate 'Quantum of Solace'

Rate 'Quantum of Solace'

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Bon-san

Bon-san

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4124 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:57 AM

I've been meaning to add a QOS review for quite some time. I don't have it yet. But I wanted to say "hey" to some old friends in the meantime.

Is the canteen still serving up those excellent martinis?

Cheers.

#62 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:17 AM

I've been meaning to add a QOS review for quite some time. I don't have it yet. But I wanted to say "hey" to some old friends in the meantime.

Is the canteen still serving up those excellent martinis?

Cheers.

Hello cheeky.

#63 BoogieBond

BoogieBond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:48 PM

Had a quick viewing of this recently, but my opinion remained the same. Would give it 6.5/10
Positives are Craig, most of the cast, the opera scene, and a few of the action scenes are pretty good(Car Chase, Foot chase, Fight with Slate, they don't completely ruin these with the editing, although I would have liked a more grandiose feel to the action sequences than the up-close and personal editing, and quick cutting we got) Also some of the quieter scenes are the best in the film e.g. Bond and Mathis, Bond and Yusef, and the film has both a definite Style and Vigour.
Negatives are Editing, lack of storytelling and characterisation of CR, a dwelling on the politics and duplicity of the British/American agents and politicians, and has a grim feel and a lack of fun and epic splendour of the earlier Bonds, the lack of the splash of charm and humour that its predecessor CR had. Virtually no Bond Iconography gives it a generic feel.
Overall though, a pretty good film, and looking forward to Bond 23.

Edited by BoogieBond, 09 June 2011 - 11:03 PM.