11 replies to this topic

#1 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:46 AM

Let me start as to how I came to write this. Last year David Jacobs wrote a 24 novel called Storm Force. It had a great hook, Jack Bauer in New Orleans hours before a hurricane hits the city, stopping a deadly terrorist. (The Hurricane never hit NO in the book) Sadly it failed my expectations. Instead, I wanted to put Jack in a hurricane which is pretty interesting in itself. But I wanted Jack to clash with local officials, and deal with Louisiana politics, which is something he never encountered in the series, but has in a couple of books. This does borrow a couple of elements from Storm Force (Hurricane approaching, bad guys, strippers, not giving actual locations), but it is not a copy of it. I set it between Days 2 and 3 since there is a 3 year gap in between stories, so there are some familiar characters that Jack meets for the first time here, plus it cleans up the 24 universe a little bit. So sit back, relax and enjoy a 24 story set about 80 miles from my back yard. Oh, and for the record I do like David Jacobs as a writer, I'm not bashing the guy at all. So, I hope you enjoy it. If you have read the books, I have put in a character who appeared in a couple of novels.

24 characters

Jack Bauer
Bill Buchanan
Ryan Chappelle
Gael Ortega
Karen Hayes
Miles Papazian
Tony Almeida (Cameo)
Chloe O'Brian (Cameo)
Morris O'Brian
David Palmer (Cameo)
Jessi Bandison (24 Novels)

And a surprise character not named Nina Myers

#2 Greene Planet

Greene Planet

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 316 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 04:33 AM

Good luck, I love the title, it blends in with the novels, BTW, there another 24 novel coming out in April.

#3 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:01 AM

Yep, Head Shot by David Jacobs, and from what I have heard about it should be good (And work better into his 24 writing style!). I can't wait!

Many thanks, Greene Planet! I hope you enjoy it!

#4 Greene Planet

Greene Planet

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 316 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:06 AM

I bet I will, after reading your 24: Aftermath.

#5 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:00 AM

Many thanks for the love for Aftermath, GP!

BTW-I have really enjoyed reading your FF's! Keep up the great work!

#6 Greene Planet

Greene Planet

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 316 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:34 AM

Thanks, I've just started reading this, I have to say, your very talented. :(

#7 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 11:18 PM

After weddings and graduations I finally have time to write, and do my College Football Reviews. Plus I am brainstorming my next and final 24 fanfic which takes place before Redemption.

#8 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 03:19 PM

Ok here's the skinny-my computer crashed and I lost a bunch of work (All my college football reviews-gone!), but fortunately Chloe helped me run a backup program to retrieve a few files, my music and my 24 stories which is good b/c now I am on hour 18 and really couldn't start over at the midway point. If you have read the story, you know Kate Warner is in it-and trust me there is a good reason to have her in the story, which will be revealed soon. Once I hit a stopping point of suspense, I will post the 2nd part which might be up to hour 20 and then the last 4 as a 3rd post. Thanks for reading!

#9 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 03:36 PM

Update-I got my laptop fixed only to have my adapter go out. Once I get that done, I am finishing this baby-will finish after the Super Bowl

#10 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 03:43 PM

Pending moderation I have hours 12-20 done. I didn't like the ending so I am reworking that right now, plus I did some heavy editing. I may have made a mistake so I am leaving that to the readers to help me catch it. Thanks!

#11 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:15 PM

Just found my copies, I only have 4 chapters left, and hope to have this done in a couple months!

#12 blizclaw

blizclaw

Recruit

• Crew
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:51 AM

Any chance of re-posting the links to your stories. They appear to be dead. :-(