25 replies to this topic

#1 M_Balje

M_Balje

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 10:42 AM

How big is the promotion in your country,except the Internet.

In The Netherlands see we on tv sometimes only litle things and litle information about the new movie (Movie program's) and more news about 007. (Halle Barey play in the new bond movie.John cleese is Q)
We heard this news on radio too.
In the month's October,November and December see we Making off's and litle special's on tv.(Behind the scene's)
In the papers,magazines and tv magazines of November-December see we normaly new things about the movie,this time is that December 2002 and January 2003.

Normaly July,this time i think Augustus see we litle promotion on tv for the rent video and rent and buy dvd Se.

In september or October see we litle promotion for the Buy video.
(Yes,the video is later than the dvd)

#2 level007

level007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 10:59 AM

In france, i heard on radio and watched on TV ads for the best of bond cd. There is also some show that talk about it but not a lot actualy. May be more by the time of the release of the movie

#3 Colonel Moon

Colonel Moon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 404 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 11:00 AM

In Poland - nothing

#4 Tim007

Tim007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4821 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 11:22 AM

Not much in Germany until now... RTL and MTV show reports from the set etc., the song is on the radio, it's covered by magazines... but still it's not much.

#5 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 12:12 PM

Surprisingly little so far in the UK, the home of Bond. Should all change come November, though.

#6 Agent 00X

Agent 00X

Cadet

• Crew
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 12:21 PM

Here in Moscow we have only short reports concerning 40th anniversary - I participated in one of those - he-he-he - and some mentionings of 20th movie. All the reports are full of silly bugs - like Carver wanted to start the war between Russia and China :)))
As for the DAD promotions - russian site is dead, even e-mail request form is not working, no local posters are planned, premiere is scheduled to december 12, but I am sure we will have first pirate videos of DAD right after press screeneings around Europe - middle of november.
Now we have Madonna's DAD on FM 5-7 times a day, yesterday MTV started the video and showed "Making of..."
In cinema, first teaser goes before "Minority report" and I hope to see teaser before "Road to perdition" which starts next week.

#7 Tim007

Tim007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4821 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 12:35 PM

Man, 15 years ago someone should have told me Russian Bond fans are worrying that their is not enough promotion in Moscow :)

#8 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 12:39 PM

Originally posted by Loomis
Surprisingly little so far in the UK, the home of Bond. Should all change come November, though.

On the other hand, there have already been numerous reports ON TELEVISION NEWS (!!!!!!!!) of the impending release of HARRY POTTER AND THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS. The British media wants us to believe it's a British film and a British success story, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......

#9 gkgyver

gkgyver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1891 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 02:31 PM

Tim, you call this PROMOTION for DAD here in Germany? I think the promotion goes towards zero. There are no movie posters, the media don't write anything about it (and if they do, it's nothing new) and I haven't seen a single commercial on TV.

Oh, by the way, why do I write this in English when I'm talking to a German brother? :):o

#10 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 03:29 PM

Originally posted by gkgyver
Tim, you call this PROMOTION for DAD here in Germany? I think the promotion goes towards zero. There are no movie posters, the media don't write anything about it (and if they do, it's nothing new) and I haven't seen a single commercial on TV.

Oh, by the way, why do I write this in English when I'm talking to a German brother? :):o

The promotion for DAD here in Germany is ridiculous. Didn't see any trailer, poster or anything else. Most people I know haven't even heard of it. I guess the only place where you can get any news about DAD is on "RTL Exclusiv". Unfortunately I rarely watch this programm because it's usally gossip and **** they have in it. Perhaps one could catch something in "Brisant" on ARD (I think I saw a glimpse of the press conference in January there.).
Last Saturday they had a big Bond-Night celebrating the 40th anniversary (showing TSWLM, LTK and DAF in a row on ARD, and DN on RTL). Beetween TSWLM and LTK, they had a news break: "Tagesschau" (which is Germany's leading news magazine) had a 5 minute special about the anniversary and they didn't even mention DAD. They also had an interview with Desmond in it and didn't mention that he had died. Very embarassing.:mad:
Bond films usually get more promotion here when there is a German actor in it like we had it in the last few with Gottfried John, G

#11 Tim007

Tim007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4821 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 03:38 PM

Hey gyver,

compared to Bond's Media Presence in the last 3 years he 's getting loads of attention at the moment :) All the big German TV guides have a feature on Bond, RTL often shows reports and makes references to the movie and on MTV every hour this sweaptake is on :) Yeah right, for us the news aren't new, but for all the Otto Normalverbraucher it is :) (I had no idea how to translate Otto Normalverbraucher :)) Anyway, compared to other European Countries it's much attention 007 receives :)

#12 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 05:08 PM

Here in Australia. Practically nill. I have yet bot heard it on the radio, it has been on TV twice in prime-time, once on Today and another time on the MOVIE show 'Premiere (I know there has been more, but this is really about it). I have only seen the teaser poster at the local movies down the main hall. But about 75% of all promotion in Australia? CBn :)

#13 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 05:40 PM

Yep, compared to Bond's media presence in the last years it is, but if there is no forthcoming movie, there is not much reason for German media to report about Bond every few days. And as far as I know, the TV guides concentrate more on the 40th anniversary and take DAD coverage as bonus material. MTV doesn't count, it's an international programm that has a German section.
It's just to early to start the big promotional deals here (believe me, I know what I'm talking about). This has to happen in 4-6 weeks time before the premiere. If they'd start too early, people would get nerved and it would cost loads of money to keep the campaign up. German market is just too small for things like that, it doesn't gross enough money. If the magazines would start heavy coverage now, they would have nothing to fill their pages with when the movie is due out in two weeks time. Joe Average (wich is the translation for "Otto Normalverbraucher", a guy who was played in 1948 movie "Berliner Ballade" by Gert "Goldfinger" Fr

#14 Tim007

Tim007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4821 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 06:03 PM

So you're running a cinema, stromberg? :) By the way, where in Saarland are you located? (Hm, I'm from Rheinland-Pfalz, but today I'm polite to you :))

#15 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 06:21 PM

No cinema, but I'm in advertising business. SLS. Politeness? So I'll swallow the usual Pf

#16 Martin Aston

Martin Aston

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 06:38 PM

Here in America, the promotion is just getting started, but I think it's going to be huge: Product tie ins (for better and worse, the British Airways ads are running,) posters in Manhattan, a big push for the Madonna single (no matter what anyone's opinion,) on radio, and - I'm certain - lots of 40th anniversary press, like what they've already started doing in London publications.

It's still sort of early. But I think we're starting to see the first waves of a big concereted campaign, now.

#17 Civilian_OOE_*

Civilian_OOE_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2002 - 06:44 PM

Today in my country, United States, IOWA.

Two dj's were talking about the upcoming movies this weekend...one was reading them off with discriptions..and the other just sighed and said "Wake me when the new James Bond movie is in town!"

THen they played Die ANother Day. That station is so Pro-bond...the only station i herd Tomorrow Never Dies on...way back when....

#18 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 06:52 PM

I'm expecting a billboard up on Sunset Blvd. by the end of the month. Posters are starting to show up in bus stands and you can't pick up a US entertainment magazine without finding an ad for the Ford DAD Thunderbird sweepstakes or Finlandia.

The radio has been running DAD (actually heard it 3 times one day driving around) and now MTV will be starting their PR push. I expect commercials for the films and products anytime now.

As for the industry, everyone's aware and a few are watching very carefully.

"Let the games begin";)

#19 Tim007

Tim007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4821 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 06:59 PM

[quote]Originally posted by stromberg
No cinema, but I'm in advertising business. SLS. Politeness? So I'll swallow the usual Pf

#20 Double-Oh-Zero

Double-Oh-Zero

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3167 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 11:55 PM

Not too much a brewin' round these parts. The only things I've seen so far are the obvious Madonna video and song, coupla news reports (mostly from America), and I've only seen 1 poster so far. The ice/gun at my local cinema. Cripes. I hope to see at least one more poster when I go to see Red Dragon this weekend. Although I have a feeling the Canadians are going to get more than what we had with TWINE. I hope.:)

#21 Se

Se

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 204 posts

Posted 12 October 2002 - 08:36 PM

Here in Belgium we have had some announcements and pieces of the 2nd teaser about DAD, but never longer than 1 or 2 minutes.
I also saw a few of the first ice-gun-posters at a local cinema.
3 years ago, we had a movieprogram, and they showed documentaries about the makingof TWINE starting from February and stopping in September. Every documentary was over 10 minutes!!! That was really cool. Could you immagine that we would already have seen over an hour of making of by now???

This time there's also a lot less advertising in Belgium. What a pitty...

#22 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 13 October 2002 - 02:20 AM

Everyone here in Australia is an an absolute collective frenzy over DAD, the whole nation is eating, breathing and sleeping DAD at the moment. 25% of the country have alread pre-booked their tickets, another 20% have already started camping in queues infront of ticket booths. Bond is on all the magaizine covers, radio stations are constantly playing Bond songs, old and new, hell, you can't even turn on the TV without seeing an inside look at the making of DAD, or a classic Bond film marathon. You walk down the street and everyone is talking, "Die Another Day" this, and "Die Another Day" that. A massive brawl started in a pub near my place yesterday when a loud mouth gave away a spoiler about the film. Everyone is getting onboard, Kiddies are doing their school projects on Bond, the Prime Minister is set to declare a public holiday for the day of DAD's release, it's pure chaos over here....

Actually, that's a slight exaggeration, Icephoenix's post is a more accurate assesment. :)

#23 Tim007

Tim007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4821 posts

Posted 13 October 2002 - 09:32 AM

I love your post, Luke :)

#24 Double-Oh-Zero

Double-Oh-Zero

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3167 posts

Posted 13 October 2002 - 10:22 PM

Well, my hopes have been answered. Today, I recieved several surprises. First, when we got to the cinema, I almost fainted. When I lined up to get my ticket, I turned around, where lo and behold, all of the character posters were hanging right over the entrance on the inside. And they were gigantic!:eek: Next, we went to go get our popcorn. Well, guess who is adorning our popcorn containers? Bond and Jinx from the second teaser. In all my joy, we went to grab our seats in the theatre. I went back out to grab some free reading material before the film starts (in the form of Famous magazine), and to my surprise, the lovely bikini clad Jinx is right on the cover, along with a full scale interview inside, with more eye candy.:) When I got home, I realized that the poster my said friend just gave me is the ice/gun teaser.:) The only thing that was missing from this glorious day was the actual final trailer that was supposed to play in front of Red Dragon. Oh well.

#25 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 14 October 2002 - 12:13 AM

Originally posted by Tim007
I love your post, Luke :)

So did I, I'm just a dreamer.

Actually, I went to the cinema last night and did see what I assume was teaser trailer 'B', it was the first trailer up and there was a really small crowd, so I'm not going make a big think about the reactions, looked okay though. :)

#26 john007

john007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 463 posts

Posted 14 October 2002 - 02:19 AM

Well i can't say that its that bad where i live. Here in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, there has been some promotion, but it could be alot better!

I have seen all the posters around town. They also have all the character posters (super-enlarged on vinyl) hanging in the major theaters around town. There of course is the theme song that is played quite often, and the DJ's connect the movie with the song, so that is good! There have also been Ski-Doo commercials on TV with new footage from the movie.

That is about all i can think of at the moment. But it is looking up here in Canada.

john007