170 replies to this topic

#121 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 10:30 AM

There may be a day or two without the morning off. But we aim to have some off at least so people can party and sleep in etc... Probably we'll aim to start nothing before 11:00am.

#122 Joyce Carrington

Joyce Carrington

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4631 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 12:09 PM

My god this all sounds so great!! I would love to come, I'm just about sure I can't afford it, but I'll try to win the lottery!!! :)

#123 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 12:15 PM

Well it's scheduled for 2004 to allow more people to be able to afford it :) It's plenty of notice we feel :)

#124 Joyce Carrington

Joyce Carrington

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4631 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 01:49 PM

I'd better start saving then

#125 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 04:50 PM

I know it's extremely early days yet, but anyone have any ideas on attendance capacity? We could be talking about hundreds of people wanting to come given that the "membership" of CBn plus other halves, friends and family.

#126 Carver

Carver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1470 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 09:02 PM

Thats a thought Loomis, I mean, there are a hell of a lot of hotels in London, **** hotels, but hotels at least. We could proly stay in them, but where would the actual party be? I mean, we've just organised this on these forums, I doubt anyone of 'the outisde world' knows about it:confused:

#127 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 11:30 PM

You'd be surprised what Jordan and I are up to :)

#128 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 11:43 PM

and the hits just keep on coming....

OK, I had a lovely long chat with my travel agent regarding hotels. It's been seven years since I had the pleasure of setting foot on the Pinewood grounds and (at the time) I was staying in London so I never have explored much of the area.

Now, according to my travel agent, a number of business traveler type hotels have opened up in the area in the last few years. One is affiliated with Sheraton and the other with Holiday Inn. Both have 120+ rooms and group rates. She's continuing to dig up info and will hopefully get me some findings by the end of the month. I'm also going to cruise the net for any related sites.

The ball is rolling, and my agent has a friend (also a travel agent)IN London who's helped her coordinate some of the many UK tours she has lead. When the time comes, she has said she would love to be the "contact" for everyone to make their hotel reservations through. Her offices have e-mail, faxes and both US and Intl. toll-free numbers so nobody ends up with a phone bill from hell. :)

Soon as I have more details, I'll be posting like a fiend.

Of course, should anyone know of any hotels or lodgings in/around Pinewood drop me a line(Jordan, I know you'll be doing some leg-work as well - assuming you're not pub hopping with Pierce;))

Slowly but surely, we will have a gathering that will be talked about for generations....of Bond fans:)

BOND with your friends in 2004!!!!!!!

#129 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 25 October 2002 - 12:02 AM

Bryce, my man, you sound like Q from the books. :)

Travel arrangements, etc was his job.

Nice to be Bond, isn't it. He has to go to Jamaica and, "hey presto," the air fares, hotel accomodations, and car rental are all organised without fuss.

#130 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 25 October 2002 - 12:04 AM

Too right, Blofeld's Cat, and he usually seems to have a pretty generous expense account too!

#131 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 25 October 2002 - 01:24 AM

Yes, I'd like to meet James' travel person.

I think Q only delivers the tickets. If it was up to Q to plan, 007 would be staying at the Motel 6 and driving a Geo.

Actually, I plan to put aside the required "MI6 funds" and indulge in some Bondian luxury in London after the event for a few days. I'll either be at the Hilton Tower or the Savoy.

#132 Roukey2

Roukey2

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 October 2002 - 01:59 AM

Great Idea!
I am in talks to hold another 007 party at Page's Bar, London next year as this years party totally rocked with so many fans from all over (some flew in from Switzerland). It was great to see all these fans Bonding(hehe) in one place.
The picture gallery is not finished yet but please take a look, and yes I know some of the pics do not open up.
http://www.spys-unli...tures/index.htm

#133 scaramanga

scaramanga

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 25 October 2002 - 03:12 PM

Originally posted by Loomis
I know it's extremely early days yet, but anyone have any ideas on attendance capacity? We could be talking about hundreds of people wanting to come given that the "membership" of CBn plus other halves, friends and family.

I think this is something that needs clarified. Is it just CBn members only or will it be scaramanga plus one?

#134 mccartney007

mccartney007

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3406 posts

Posted 26 October 2002 - 06:16 AM

Good question, Scaramanga. In fact, Dan and I haven't even discussed it. Personally, I would say anyone who wants to can attend. Altough CB.n posters would get priority over anyone else that is interested.

#135 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 26 October 2002 - 07:30 AM

I think that CB.n posters will get a priority at this stage. But honestly, we're not 100% sure on how we're going to accept applications. We do know that we want a variety of age groups etc... so it's something we have to sit down and work out the formula for.

#136 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 26 October 2002 - 05:32 PM

My feeling is that we do need some sort of application. Maybe it could be done in a style that would make it appear like an MI6 dossier.

Hey! *halogen bulb lights over Bryces head*

Once we're better than 90% locked on everything (guests, tours, accomodations, fees, screenings, events etc.)the initial FORMAL invite goes out to all CBn members. We see what numbers come back. It may be quite a bit if you take into account peoples SO's.

Then (pending the above) we do the big PR push and get it out to other Bond sites and so on. We'll probably need to set a limit, but then again...what limits?....at this point anyway.

Now, back to the application/registration material. Everyone must include their fee(s) per person and a....dossier. Photo, BG info, etc...I don't know, but it struck me as a cool idea that would be kind of fun, and I bet there would be some really cool ones produced. That way, everyone's on file;)

Again, just a thought.

#137 Carver

Carver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1470 posts

Posted 26 October 2002 - 08:41 PM

Just when I was thinking of how we would recognise each other-Bryce comes up with the answer. It realy is a great idea Bryce, then we wouldn't have other people who aren't CBN members trying to get in. Prehaps we could e-mail our dossiers to thgose staffers involved so we get the jist of how to recognise each other:)

#138 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 27 October 2002 - 02:17 AM

There will be a form of identification, that will include a photo. Mostly it's to know who's paid for which parts of the event etc...

#139 ''S''

''S''

Cadet

• Crew
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 November 2002 - 03:36 PM

1. Perhaps, those people who don't get into the full event due to limited capacity could buy visitor passes that last the duration of maybe a day or an event. Just a thought.

2. some sort of compo at the event would be nice, maybe with some Bond related things from the set of the 2004 Bond film, that is if the nice people at Pinewood would allow such a thing (and give us the prizes)!

3.Did anyone here go to the Bond exibition at the London Science Museum? If not and you're in london i would recommend going.

4. If any British people are reading, buy todays Express, there's a chance of getting tickets to the DAD premiere. On second thoughts don't, so i have more of a chance of winning tickets.

#140 ''S''

''S''

Cadet

• Crew
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 November 2002 - 05:12 PM

1. Perhaps, those people who don't get into the full event due to limited capacity could buy visitor passes that last the duration of maybe a day or an event. Just a thought.

2. some sort of compo at the event would be nice, maybe with some Bond related things from the set of the 2004 Bond film, that is if the nice people at Pinewood would allow such a thing (and give us the prizes)!

3.Did anyone here go to the Bond exibition at the London Science Museum? If not and you're in london i would recommend going.

4. If any British people are reading, buy todays Express, there's a chance of getting tickets to the DAD premiere. On second thoughts don't, so i have more of a chance of winning tickets.

#141 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 03 November 2002 - 08:30 PM

heh, shan't respond to points 3 and 4.

Point 1, we're looking to implement such a thing. We have a feeling that some individual events may be more popular than the whole event.

Point 2, also something similair is in the works.

#142 Sir James

Sir James

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 10 November 2002 - 03:48 PM

well I think that maybe instead of having one huge event, why not there be one in the U.S. and one in the U.K. as for the most part, thats where many people come from on this site...

Just a thought, but if not, Ill be 18 and Ill give it a go!

#143 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 10 November 2002 - 08:37 PM

Hey Sir James, we'd rather organise one main event in the UK. 'Future' countries would undoubtedly include the US at some stage. But frankly, it takes a lot of organisation for just one event, let alone two at the one time!

#144 JackChase007

JackChase007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3446 posts

Posted 17 November 2002 - 06:12 AM

Damn. I would love to go, that would just be incredible. Unfortunately, I am a college student, and have a major fear of flying (I've never been on a plane in my life). Maybe I'll get fortunate, and there will be a future meeting somewhere in the US...

#145 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 17 November 2002 - 02:10 PM

Daniel, Jordan!

What stage is the international fan meet up at? I was just wondering, what kinds of things you guy's have sorted, so far, we've got pretty good hype for the event so far, but letting out a few details would be nice.

#146 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 17 November 2002 - 11:01 PM

Ask again when I get back Jason :) We're using our time here to our advantage :)

#147 Miss Frost

Miss Frost

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 November 2002 - 01:37 AM

Sounds like a great idea! Count me in! In two years time I should have a job and hance some money, plus I'll be 19 so I shpould be able to do stuff, and be on my way to becoming a forensic scientist! I agree with Loomis though, London is mighty expensive, why not Australia. For a convict colony we aren't doing too badly, we have a kick **** cricket team, and who knows, it might inspire tyhe next movie to be made here! A boat chase through Sydney harbour would be awesome! The harbour bridge could be blown up, and the opera house would be a cool place to stage a fight! ~getting a little cariied away~
Besides, at the moment the pound gets you 3 Australian dollars, and the American dollar about 2.
I'd also like to take this oppurtunity to bitch about the Australasian DAD premiere competition which is only oper to 18yr olds! Just 2 more months! Then I'd be old enough! ~grumbles~

#148 Miss Frost

Miss Frost

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 November 2002 - 01:41 AM

I'd like to have an excuse to go london though....

#149 Diipla007

Diipla007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 06:13 PM

I think that this is a brilliant idea. I'm all for the international meeting. So will this be around Bond 21, or does anyone know yet? Anyway, I can't wait!

#150 ''S''

''S''

Cadet

• Crew
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 12:13 PM

right. London is the home of Bond. Pinewood is there and so are many other Bondian places. Even MI6 is there (obviously) so what would be the point of ruining these chances.Imagine going to the 007 stage (which personally i have never done). Amazing.

P.S I just realised a HUGE flaw in Bond films:
A couple of years ago the IRA fired a missile at MI6. luckily no-one was hurt because most of the proper MI6 stuff is downstairs. But not in Bond. In Bond it's all above ground (most notable in TWINE before the boat sequence) Bad bad bad. Tut tut tut :).