This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

'Quantum of Solace' Game Walkthrough (PS2)

37 replies to this topic

#31 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:44 PM

Speaking of, hey Qwerty, can I put a new PS2 controller on my business expenses? B)

:tdown:

Posted Image
Your CommanderBond.net guide to Activision's debut James Bond game

#32 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:44 PM

Sorry it has taken so long. It is kind of hard to get time to myself with a two year old. I will try to do the final level today.

#33 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:01 PM

Just a quick update for those of you who are still following this walkthrough, I have not given up on it. The laptop that I was using to write it has started to overheat, so I am in the market for a new one (or at least a well working and faster one B) ) and will probably be without internet capabilities for a little bit cause the Jaws family is moving west to South Dakota in June. I will attempt, when I get settled in SD to handwrite the last walkthrough so that all I have to do is type it, and send it. I repeat, I have not given up on my loyal stuckaneers (although they have probably just given up on me after being called stuckaneers sorry :tdown:

#34 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:32 AM

Okay, quick update, again. Apologies for the long wait. MI6 has requested that the Jaws family relocate to a secret location in SD for our protection. We have abided by their request, and am relatively settled in. I am going to test the first levels of the walkthrough because it has been a while since I have played so hopefully this will be telling in how easy they are to understand. Starting possibly tomorrow (Monday 2 August 2010 at about 2:00pm) I will start doing the walkthrough for the final level, Eco Hotel. Also, did get a new computer. Not a laptop, unfortunately, but as Bond said in Thunderball "Can't win em all." So yeah, apparently when you have played a level so many times for a walkthrough, and then stop playing for about 5 months, when you start again, it comes back to you real quick.

#35 zeger

zeger

Recruit

• Crew
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:08 PM

After shooting the tires of the car, a movie of Mitchell falling out of the car is shown, and when I get control of Bond again I can run into the street, approach Mitchell, the triangle signs appears at the screen, but the button does not work. Mitchell seems to be frozen to a door, by the way. Then mission is failed. The movie of a van running into a car and three bad guys coming out of it is not shown. Am I doing anything wrong here??

Edited by zeger, 04 August 2010 - 07:10 PM.

#36 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 04:39 PM

I actually mentioned that in the walkthrough, but I will explain: you are not doing anything wrong. Apparently, it is a glitch in the programming. Here is the problem according to my walkthrough:

Now, this next part is very important. I have seen this happen to many people (myself included) when you go into the opening on the other, at the end, to the right, there is a door. Now, the door is a checkpoint. If it does not show up as a checkpoint, pause it and save from the last checkpoint. You are going to have to restart the level or your system. Now, if it does show up as a checkpoint, go through the door. Mitchell has gotten into a car and is getting away. What you have to do is go into the ultra aim, and shoot BOTH tires. Once you have done this, a cutscene will ensue showing Mitchell getting thrown from the car.

Hope this helps you out and thanks for reading.

#37 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:15 AM

OKay, guys. May I first apologize again. I don't know if anyone is still even following this walkthrough. Most of you are probably saying "He's never gonna finish this thing." Well, fear not guys. I am currently rewriting the Eco Hotel level of it because I recently got my Ps2 back. (DVD player carked it and had to use the PS2 to play kids DVDs. Fortunately, Daddy Jaws has some pull with that Kris Kringle guy. Who knew he was a loyal Stuckaneer. Apparently, he was getting stuck on the Science Center and when I helped him, he said he owed me one. I am having to write this out by hand and also continuously restart to make sure I get everything. My main computer carked it as well which was where my completed levels were located. We are gonna get our main rigs fixed at the beginning of the yer hopefully. If I do not have this level done and everything before the end of the month, definitely expect it by at least the first or second week of 2012.

#38 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:18 AM

Okay, so I finally finished it. Here is the link (because I can not figure how to attach files anymore) for the Eco Hotel level of QOS for the PS2. I'd like to take this moment to thank all of you for following this as long as you have, I hope anyway.

Here is the link:
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=5BFB8E87F6EAF98E!3672&authkey=!AMwSNvzNNC5oc3k