9 replies to this topic

#1 Marcato

Marcato

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 01:03 PM

I've redone my Youtube-video that includes my converted MIDI-file from my arrangement of GOBINDA ATTACKS from OCTOPUSSY.

The music is the same but the video does now include footage of the "Conducter's Score".

Enjoy.

Mark

http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=bveFrC95mmU

#2 Mr Teddy Bear

Mr Teddy Bear

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1154 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:00 AM

Nice arrangements, all of them are pretty much spot on. :( Are you going to make the midi files or perhaps sheet music available?

#3 Marcato

Marcato

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:37 AM

I'm working on to get permission to release the sheet for the stores or as an online shop

all midi-file on my youtube profile is aivalable as sheet

#4 gkgyver

gkgyver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1891 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:08 AM

Really?
Because I asked you whether you could perhaps share the MIDI file of Gondola Chase, and I don't received an answer yet ...?

#5 Marcato

Marcato

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:35 AM

i'm not that much of sharing - i'm concerned of people who will share and share and then it pop up on the net - and when people have a midi file they can easyli make it to sheet

#6 gkgyver

gkgyver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1891 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:19 PM

Ok, then why don't you just say so instead of leaving one hanging ...?

I just wanted the midi to record it with good samples.

#7 Marcato

Marcato

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:22 PM

I've been busy - too much in my hands to consider what to do - if you gent the MIDI - what will happen after it have been recorded with better sample ? - will your recording be a MP3 or Wave and will my MIDI be deleted from your com ?

#8 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:30 PM

I haven't heard midi's in a long time! Brings me back to some of my early internet Bond escapades.

#9 Marcato

Marcato

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:18 AM

then you should check ot my MIDI's on the link - they are definitely better than those other on the internet though youtube makes the sound be in mono - and my rendition of the bond theme in the midi-file THE PALACE FIGHT is one of the better (at least the part that is finished)

#10 gkgyver

gkgyver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1891 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:09 AM

I've been busy - too much in my hands to consider what to do - if you gent the MIDI - what will happen after it have been recorded with better sample ? - will your recording be a MP3 or Wave and will my MIDI be deleted from your com ?

What will happen?
Well, I will put it up on Youtube without crediting you, create a torrent, put it up on my ten different filesharing machines, and when I'm done with all that, I will spread the rumour that you have copied me, of course. What else could I do ...?

Seriously, I would just like to have what any other film score enthusiast would like to have - an acceptable version of a classic unreleased piece of Bond music.

The PC I do my music on doesn't even have an internet connection, so why would I delete it there ...? Why would I delete it from any PC if I don't put it up anywhere? And even if someone you gave it to did, how many people download a MIDI file? Why are you making such a fuss about this? Surely this is not such a unique thing that it must be protected at any cost?
I would do it myself if I had the time. But I don't, so I thought you could faciliate the process. I just assumed that this is what people mean when they refer to "helping out" ...

When you like your work, when you're proud of it, why wouldn't you let other people have it ...? Surely that's a little odd?