3 replies to this topic

#1 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 09 October 2002 - 05:05 PM

Ever noticed how precise a dating tool the Great Man's face is? Just from looking at a picture of Himself, it is possible to accurately date that picture to within a year(or movie). Its true! The subtle effects of ageing changed his face to quite a great extent- this was shown when 'The Wild Geese' was on the other night. I wondered to myself which year it was a made, a quick gander at Rog's face later (TSWLM/MR model) and Bob's yer uncle: 1978! He popped up again for only a few seconds on a programme about Michael Aspel- the crinkely skin and strangely shrouded eyes meant only one thing- the FYEO-model Roger: 1981!
Why not play this game at home with your family? Hours of jolly fun!

#2 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 09 October 2002 - 06:20 PM

I don't know about the hours of "jolly fun", but yes, Rog's look has always been easy to place on a time line.

Of course the obvious is his pre-AVTAK face-lift. Which also seems to have affected his hair color. The giveaway is that (and look carefully) the famous mole that was just to the left of his nose, is no longer there. Then again, it probably had to be removed after his nip & tuck as it was most likely in the middle of his cheek.

It wasn't until about the Paris scenes, that I finally caught it. I remember thinking "Rog looks different, not bad, but something..." After going home and reviewing OP I was sure of the above. I'll never forget the review of AVTAK in Time starting with: "Roger Moore as James Bond isn't just looking long in the tooth - He's got tusks."

I sensed that he was soon to turn in the keys to the Lotus and place his PPK on Cubby's desk.

#3 White Tuxedo

White Tuxedo

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 12 October 2002 - 07:55 AM

He should have quit with Octopuusy.

#4 1q2w3e4r

1q2w3e4r

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 12 October 2002 - 08:03 AM

Yeah and Ali should have quit in '74 and Jordan should have stayed retired in '99. It happens,, just enjoy it for what its worth a good film with Roger well past his prime, but it did set things up nicely for Dalton without a fully outragous flick.