11 replies to this topic

#1 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:31 PM

What would you folks say to an updated version of GoldenEye is 2010, to mark it's 15th Anniversary?

It would look amazing with updated, state of the art graphics. Keep the same guns, plot, level outlines, mission objectives, just with an updated look. Keep the music very similar just updated. It would be amazing.

They did the same for Tomb Raider, so why not Bond. :(

#2 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:33 PM

This would be heaven. I'm all for it, though sadly it seems nothing of the sort will happen.

#3 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:50 PM

I am inclined to agree with Sharpshooter. It would be great, but unless Activision aomehow gets their hands on the rights from Rare, I very seriously doubt it will happen.

#4 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:57 AM

The problem is that I don't think whoever would eventually end up handling this would be content at just updating it. They'd likely want to change and add in things that may or may not tarnish an already near-perfect game.

#5 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:59 AM

They'd likely want to change and add in things that may or may not tarnish an already near-perfect game.

Indeed. Example being Activision updating Facility in their first Bond game, Quantum of Solace.

#6 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 03:02 AM

Exactly.

#7 Marty McFly

Marty McFly

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:37 AM

Correction: Th GoldenEye game was released in '97, the movie was in '95, therfore its 15th anniversary would be in 2012.

I would like an updated, as long as the original version would also be available and that it would be a Microsoft/Nintendo dual release.

#8 BlackFire

BlackFire

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 11:43 PM

Does anyone know about the Goldeneye: Source game? it's a Half-Life 2 mod.

Basically contains EVERYTHING a shooter/Bond fan wants in a Bond game, or the so-wanted Goldeneye remake.

#9 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 12:17 AM

I looked on Steam and couldn't find. What in the crap?

#10 Le Chiffre87

Le Chiffre87

Recruit

• Crew
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 12:34 AM

Does anyone know about the Goldeneye: Source game? it's a Half-Life 2 mod.

Basically contains EVERYTHING a shooter/Bond fan wants in a Bond game, or the so-wanted Goldeneye remake.

Yes!!! and it looks unreal! you need a source game, eg. Counter strike source or HL2, a steam acount, and the files for the mod -> goldeneyesource.com/

although its not fully finished and i think its multiplayer only, no missions :(

and i soo agree to a microsoft/nintendo release of an updated Goldeneye, but its highly unlikey the two rivals will do that. :)

#11 Holy_Colt369

Holy_Colt369

Recruit

• Crew
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:55 PM

While I'm not sure that Microsoft will be able to get the license for Goldeneye, this would be an excellent opportunity for Nintendo. I just hope it isn’t on the Wii, I'm used to using controllers :)

In addition to the source mod, while the graphics are around the same as in "Agent Under Fire", the gameplay is limited to multiplayer. However if the guys who made the mod added a campaign then the mod might sell as a videogame before long :(

Goldeneye Source Website
This link brings you to the website, you can see how well put together the graphics are in the screenshots!

Edited by Holy_Colt369, 14 February 2009 - 08:01 PM.

#12 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:29 PM

Aye captain!