#1 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:24 AM

Spoilers, obviously

Quantum of Solace features a number of nods/tributes to past Bond movies. Please feel free to add any others you have found:-

Goldfinger - Fields' oily tribute to Jill Masterson.

TSWLM - Bond's card reads R. Sterling of Universal Exports and Robert Sterling was 007's cover name in TSWLM when he visited Stromberg's underwater lair.

TSWLM - Bond and Camille walking through the desert looks a lot like Bond and Anya in Egypt.

The plane dogfight was very similar to the Octopussy and TND pre-titles sequences.

Falling out the back of the plane was exactly like Moonraker, TLD and DAD, and Bond and Camille free-falling, harks back to the freefalling in Goldeneye, TND and twice in DAD!

DAD - The climactic battle is very similar to Bond vs Graves interposed with Jinx vs Frost with their personal battles happening at exactly the same time while all around them starts to explode.

There's also a Latin American LTK feel to the whole thing, with Bond again working outside of his Licence to Kill. Plus, another traitor in M16, following on from Trevelyan, Frost and Vesper.

#2 00Twelve

00Twelve

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7706 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:40 AM

TSWLM

#3 Austin

Austin

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 72 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:46 AM

Bond letting the bodyguard fall from the roof of the opera house was very very similar to Moore letting the fat guy fall from atop that building in The Spy Who Loved Me.

Edited by Austin, 20 November 2008 - 05:48 AM.

#4 Mister E

Mister E

Resigned

• Discharged
  • PipPipPip
  • 2160 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:56 AM

Spoilers, obviously

Quantum of Solace features a number of nods/tributes to past Bond movies. Please feel free to add any others you have found:-

Goldfinger - Fields' oily tribute to Jill Masterson.

TSWLM - Bond's card reads R. Sterling of Universal Exports and Robert Sterling was 007's cover name in TSWLM when he visited Stromberg's underwater lair.

TSWLM - Bond and Camille walking through the desert looks a lot like Bond and Anya in Egypt.

The plane dogfight was very similar to the Octopussy and TND pre-titles sequences.

Falling out the back of the plane was exactly like Moonraker, TLD and DAD, and Bond and Camille free-falling, harks back to the freefalling in Goldeneye, TND and twice in DAD!

DAD - The climactic battle is very similar to Bond vs Graves interposed with Jinx vs Frost with their personal battles happening at exactly the same time while all around them starts to explode.

There's also a Latin American LTK feel to the whole thing, with Bond again working outside of his Licence to Kill. Plus, another traitor in M16, following on from Trevelyan, Frost and Vesper.

http://debrief.comma...showtopic=50915 :(

#5 B5Erik

B5Erik

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 465 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:16 AM

Bond on the roof with his adversary hanging on to his tie like in TSWLM. Same end result, too. (I elbowed my dad when that happened and said, "The Spy Who Loved Me." I loved it!)

#6 plankattack

plankattack

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1385 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:33 PM

Here's one, and it's a stretch I know. But he got jumped by Slate/Slade (whatever the guy's name was who had the awfully nice jacket that he pinched) in the hotel room and threw him throught the glass divider, I immediately thought of Laz and "Gatecrasher"

I know, it's a stretch.....

#7 Hitmonk

Hitmonk

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 02:38 PM

The scene in the bell tower reminded me of the PTS of DAD

#8 ComplimentsOfSharky

ComplimentsOfSharky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2804 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 02:14 AM

Yeah except this time, you actually care who wins. I so wanted Miranda and Jinx to kill each other and Pierce go back to China and meet up with Peaceful Fountains of Desire.

#9 Bradley De La Cloche

Bradley De La Cloche

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 01:31 PM

Greene attacks Bond with an axe, just like Zorin in A View to a Kill.

Edited by Bradley De La Cloche, 30 November 2008 - 01:33 PM.

#10 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 02:16 AM

Here's another one. The boat chase reminded me of the LALD and TMWTGG boat chases for some reason.

#11 00Twelve

00Twelve

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7706 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 04:14 AM

Here's another one. The boat chase reminded me of the LALD and TMWTGG boat chases for some reason.

Was the TMWTGG memory triggered by Bond running over the motor of one of the boats? And were you reminded of LALD when Camille whacked Stooge #5 like Bond threw fuel on Adam's eyes?

I'm reaching here...maybe you were just reminded of them because they were open water chases? (As opposed to river chases like MR and TWINE)