This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Moonraker - where did all the Perfect People go?

32 replies to this topic

#31 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:18 PM

Anyway, at least Drax had enough sense to bring women, unlike Stromberg who apparently thought you could repopulate the Earth with an all-male workforce.

What about Naomi, who he later replaced with Anya?

I always thought Naomi had a rather masculine air about her. There's a definite hint of a 'tache on that lip.

Well, it was the 70's. But I wouldn't kick her out of bed.

#32 David_M

David_M

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1064 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:44 PM

Either way, one woman to repopulate the Earth? And who gets the honors? Stromberg himself, to pass on his webbed hands to a race of mer-people? How did he sell that idea to his employees, I wonder:

"Here's the plan; I'm going to destroy the Earth and everyone on it, including all your friends and family. Payday is Friday, but good luck cashing the check as all the banks will be destroyed. For entertainment, we'll be putting on puppet shows as television and radio will be gone, too. Don't worry, though, I still have my classical music albums. I'm afraid sunshine is out as we'll be living under water until the radiation levels die down a few decades from now. Hope you brought board games. Oh, also there's only one woman and she's mine. Sign here and welcome aboard."

Also, I'm no scientist but wouldn't nuclear fall-out have *some* affect on sea life? And though he's got a nice model city to show Bond, it appears the Atlantis "pod" is all that's really built. Wouldn't it have been better to wait until the whole place was constructed before triggering Armageddon?

#33 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:49 AM

"Here's the plan; I'm going to destroy the Earth and everyone on it, including all your friends and family. Payday is Friday, but good luck cashing the check as all the banks will be destroyed. For entertainment, we'll be putting on puppet shows as television and radio will be gone, too. Don't worry, though, I still have my classical music albums. I'm afraid sunshine is out as we'll be living under water until the radiation levels die down a few decades from now. Hope you brought board games. Oh, also there's only one woman and she's mine. Sign here and welcome aboard."

P.S.: Disgruntled nuclear scientists welcome. :(