8 replies to this topic

#1 Doctor No

Doctor No

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:15 AM

Franz Sanchez DOESN'T believe in Al Franken.

Support the Columbian Pure!! :( :)

Edited by Doctor No, 30 October 2008 - 11:25 AM.

#2 Cruiserweight

Cruiserweight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6815 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:32 PM

:(

#3 A Kristatos

A Kristatos

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:08 AM

:(

Ditto from me! :)

#4 Jimbo007

Jimbo007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 285 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:03 AM

Ahaha, I that's a great little video. Funny, I too am from Minnesota (snore) lol. I know Robert Davi is conservative, but to tie him closer to the state is that his wife is from the Twin Cities here (a gentleman from Suncoast Video said that Davi had came into the store in the past as his wife wanted to come to visit home - of course, he stayed professional and didn't question Davi or ask for an autograph. Another great story, the gentleman also said that Connery privately owns a couple of restaurants, probably in downtown Minneapolis, and came into the store once.)

Anyways, not trying to start a debate, but I'm definitely on Davi's side - Al Frankin won't be receiving my vote.

#5 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:28 AM

God, he's looking old these days.

#6 A Kristatos

A Kristatos

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 04:37 AM

Ahaha, I that's a great little video. Funny, I too am from Minnesota (snore) lol. I know Robert Davi is conservative, but to tie him closer to the state is that his wife is from the Twin Cities here (a gentleman from Suncoast Video said that Davi had came into the store in the past as his wife wanted to come to visit home - of course, he stayed professional and didn't question Davi or ask for an autograph. Another great story, the gentleman also said that Connery privately owns a couple of restaurants, probably in downtown Minneapolis, and came into the store once.)

Anyways, not trying to start a debate, but I'm definitely on Davi's side - Al Frankin won't be receiving my vote.

Bill O'Reilly had Janine Turner (best known for NORTHERN EXPOSURE and CLIFFHANGER) and Victoria Jackson (Saturday Night Live alumni from the late 80's/early 90's) on his 10.31.08 show and I was mortified by the answers coming out of Jackson's mouth about Barack Obama. While I definitely don't care for Obama, I think Jackson's comments were just over the top. What's worse, she sounded and acted like a complete airhead, and O'Reilly at different points had to go in and actually defend Obama and try and help rehabilitate Jackson's appearance. I always thought Jackson was a talented actress on SNL, so I'm a bit unsure whether she was making those comments with a wink and a nod or if she really believed them.

Turner, on the other hand, was the complete opposite. She was serious, she was succint, she was articulate. She was also completely babelicious in every sense of the word, and continues to show why conservative women and commentators are imminently hotter than liberals. Examples:

Michelle Bernard, Angela McGlowan, Michelle Malkin, Laura Ingraham, plus all the babes over at Fox News.

I checked out a clip of TO THE CONTRARY on YouTube, a show hosted by PBS and in an all-woman format. THe liberal women on the panel had short, butch hair and dour looks on their faces. Why can't liberal women feel free to express their femininity rather than try to mimic men in order to be taken seriously?

I saw that interview on O'Reilly yestereday and have to agree. Turner had a little too much makeup on, but still looks great!

And Gravity, as far as the babes on Fox News are concerned, you can't forget Mary Katherine Ham. Wow! Not only does she look great, but she is articulate and very smart. I hope she's stays around for awhile.

As far as the liberal women you mentioned, well, all I can think of is what Rush Limbaugh said the day after Palin was nominated for VP. He said something to the effect that the liberals have been trying all these years to nonminate a president, but it is the Republicans that have the babe! Now, I did vote for McCain, though I'm not a huge Palin fan because of her lack of foreign policy experience. But she still exemplifies that conservative women know what they're talking about and that they don't have to resort to "gimmicks" to be taken seriously, Victoria Jackson not withstanding.

#7 Jackanaples

Jackanaples

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 05:26 AM

I think it's a simple case of women on PBS being selected for their intelligence and insight on the issues of the day (whatever their political views) and women on FOX being selected for their looks.

Janine Turner is a rather beautiful woman. I used to love watching NORTHERN EXPOSURE for the sight of her as Maggie O'Connell. She had beautiful short hair and was probably the woman blue jeans were invented for.

I knew she was conservative but generally didn't read interviews with her as I assumed that it was her character on NE that I found truly sexy and not the actress herself. This was certainly the case with Audrey Horne (Sherilyn Fenn) on TWIN PEAKS and Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson) on THE X-FILES.

Oh, and Victoria Jackson really does believe all that stuff by the way.

#8 Cruiserweight

Cruiserweight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6815 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:27 AM

God, he's looking old these days.

Well he is 55...

#9 A Kristatos

A Kristatos

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:58 AM

I agree with you Gravity. The Fox News women know their stuff, and they can hold their own and debate with anyone quite well. Most of them are very nice looking, but I watch commentators who I agree with and are intelligent. The fact that most of them are very attractive is just icing on the cake. :(

Surprised about Tammy Bruce. I knew she was openly gay, but I always thought she voted Democratic. Interesting that she is predominantly Republican even though she is a feminist.

Well, have fun tonight watching the election results Gravity. It should be an interesting night to say the least!