Mr White

11 replies to this topic

#1 Star 2350

Star 2350

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 02:59 PM

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere or even in the on set book, but I was just thinking: in the latest trailer, there is a shot of Mr White seated in the opera audience and glancing up and over his right shoulder at something/someone behind him.

Now, after seeing the Swedish TV footage I'm thinking it's probably Bond he's looking at. Bond is shown to be positioned up on the huge 'eye' structure while spying on the people in front of him (facing away), as well as Greene's executive box. Bond is sort of centre left as you look face on at the eye........does White's casualness lend credence to the 'White is a double agent' theory?

If he is, how does this fit into the Mitchell situation?

Moderator note: even if the content is in the Spoiler section, please ensure that your title does not of itself contain potential spoilers. Thank you.

Edited by Jim, 15 October 2008 - 03:29 PM.

#2 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 03:02 PM

He didn't look too casual to me; in fact, he looked extremely nervous... :(

#3 Star 2350

Star 2350

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 03:04 PM

Point taken, he could be ssen as being nervous. I took his look to be more of a 'knowing' one if you know what I mean, more of a 'checking' glance.

#4 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 03:07 PM

To reassure himself, perhaps? :(

#5 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 03:22 PM

Maybe he is looking up calmy as Bond gives himself away?

#6 Simon Beavis

Simon Beavis

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 07:10 PM

This is another possibility:

Maybe Quantum sees Mitchell as a weak link, either they think he could be a security risk down the line, or simply less valuable than other infiltrators, and that is why White outs him. Or maybe he isn't really affiliated with Quantum per se, he's guilty of something else and Quantum is using that to blackmail him. In any case, while Bond is dealing with Mitchell, a second mole (more valuable than Mitchell) frees White. I get the impression that the blackmail victims (eg. Vesper) are intended to be "lightning rods" in a sense, the heat comes down on them when things go bad, insulating Quantum's actual agents (like White and Greene).

It's like chess, you sacrifice a pawn to in order protect your knights, bishops, monarchs, etc.

#7 Star 2350

Star 2350

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 02:39 PM

That's actually not a bad theory at all. I had been wondering how it was going to be done and that's good food for thought.

If White's not a double agent, and just escapes, then I agree it's probably not going to be a case of Mitchell just leaves a door open and White hobbles off. Wouldn't you just go after White instead of Mitchell, as White can hardly walk?

Perhaps Mitchell is indeed a diversion to keep Bond et al busy while the 'real' sneak halps White out of Siena.

#8 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 02:46 PM

If White is freed then there's no reason why he shouldn't return in a future film, unless Bond catches up with him later. This still could be the case, but we havent heard anything so it seems quite unlikely.

#9 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 12:18 AM

If White is freed then there's no reason why he shouldn't return in a future film, unless Bond catches up with him later. This still could be the case, but we havent heard anything so it seems quite unlikely.

Bond catches up with him in Bregenz, but it's unclear what happens to him after this.

#10 bondrules

bondrules

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2190 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:49 AM

If Bond doesn't do White, then Quantum probably will, judging by how LeChifre was dealt with for his incompetence....I would say that getting caught by the enemy like White does classifies as just that

White is doomed regardless

PS

I want to see Bond beat the Living Daylights out of him...I want to see graphic violence, hard nosed punches, lots of cursing, etc.

Edited by bondrules, 17 October 2008 - 02:51 AM.

#11 Star 2350

Star 2350

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 07:10 AM

Sure I've read somewhere that Mr White is 'impaled' at the opera.

#12 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 07:20 AM

It would be refreshing to see White survive the events of this film. Not every villain has to die.