• 24459 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 08:22 AM

Now on the CBn main page...

Posted Image
New photographs available online

New set of photos from 22nd James Bond film hit the web

Posted Image
Featuring James Bond, Camille, Greene, Mathis and much more

Nothing that special, but I thought I would post anyway.

Attached Files

#2 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 12:21 PM

Those aren't new. Bondrules posted them on here months ago. Which is obviously where the person who posted them on MI6 nicked them from.

#3 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 12:23 PM

Really? I was only familiar with this one:

http://img526.images...ecopark1sr1.png

#4 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 12:34 PM

They're his pics. But I can't provide any links to them, because he deleted them all after a run-in with Shrublands.

#5 # 11

# 11

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 256 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 01:38 PM

Btw, this logo reminds me of this German music show.

#6 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 03:31 PM

I've seen this on Camilles's Ford Ka.

#7 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:39 PM

Now on the CBn main page...

James Bond interrogating Mr. White, Agent Fields, Felix Leiter, and more...

http://www.bondcolle...com.ar/news.htm

Bondcollection (www.bondcollection.com.ar) posted new images from Quantum of Solace, showing Felix Leiter, Fields, Bond and M in the snow and Bond interrogating Mr. White.

#8 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:42 PM

Thank you so much :(

Hmmm. I cant seem to find the Mr. White one. :)

EDIT: Yes. I've got it now! COOL!

Oh, btw. Is this one of Elvis new? (Foto 21)

Attached Files

#9 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:46 PM

No Mr. White interrogation pic for me.

#10 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Hmmm. I cant seem to find the Mr. White one. :(

Here it is:

http://www.sonypictu...mages/foto6.jpg

#11 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

I'll post it soon.

#12 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:49 PM

Hmmm. I cant seem to find the Mr. White one. :(

Here it is:

http://www.sonypictu...mages/foto6.jpg

Thanks Harmsway, awesome picture.

#13 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:50 PM

I need a hi-res version of the Gemma Arterton one. :(

#14 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:53 PM

Is this a new one of Elvis?

Attached Files

#15 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:54 PM

Nah that's been around.

#16 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:57 PM

Ahh OK. Just because the only Elvis pic I remembered was the one of his chewing on something, thats all. :(

#17 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:00 PM

Great looking story icons they have on that site. I wish I’d’ve created them.

Oh, wait. I did. :(

#18 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:00 PM

Who's Mustachio Disguisey in the third picture, there? :)

Also, I can just imagine the dialogue to go along with the Mr. White/Bond picture: "I have no armour left. You've stripped it from me..." :(

#19 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:04 PM

Who's Mustachio Disguisey in the third picture, there? :)

Also, I can just imagine the dialogue to go along with the Mr. White/Bond picture: "I have no armour left. You've stripped it from me..." :(

His name is Beam. Gregg Beam.

#20 ChrissBond007

ChrissBond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:08 PM

Thank you very much! Very intressting pics.

#21 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:19 PM

Oh, wait. I did. :)

Lol... well, I work on that site. Don't sue me please, I'm making new icons, we're using yours to make the bulletins more intresting. Hope you'll understand boy :(

#22 Daddy Bond

Daddy Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:59 PM

Is it me, or do the various images from QOS give it a very utilitarian feel? The sets, the clothes, the colors, etc. all seem very bland, and the scenes somewhat drab. I'm not being critical of the movie's quality and I'm certainly not saying it will be a poor movie because of it, I'm just making an observation as to how it LOOKS visually.

I have just been noticing how color and vibrance and sets have been downplayed - it certainly makes an artistic statement, however, it appears a bit dismal and plain. I'm sure I will enjoy the movie, I'm sure the acting will be fantastic, and I am expecting an excellent story line (and those things are what ULTIMATELY count) but I can't say I really like the look of the color palette so far.

The choice of the look of the film MAY even work to the advantage of the story itself, however, I must admit that I like a bit more color and richness in a movie - personally.

Remember, I'm still fully expecting QOS to be fantastic - in fact I'm hopeful (based on CR), that it will be one of the best Bond movies ever. HOWEVER, I still can't bring myself to like when they choose a single palette or tint that defines an entire film.

I must admit, I am a bit weary of the way many movies of the past few years seem to pick a certain tint that governs the overall look of the entire film. The lack of natural coloring seems to push the overall impression of a movie into the realm of fantasy - like viewing the film as a dream or like seeing it in a smokey mirror. You can see this in the Lord of the Rings movies, the Matrix films, the Batman movies, etc. The look has a tendency (at least for me) to keep me from feeling less than fully immersed in a movie. It's like looking at the world through eyes that are not fully open. It's as if I can never fully grasp the movie visually. I guess it is a stage that film makers are going through, but I can't say I'm always thrilled with it - and I'm looking forward to the time when this trend in movie making balances itself out a bit.

Does this effect my enjoyment of a film? Well, a bit - a very TINY bit. But that doesn't keep me from finding some of the movies above as some of the best films of all time. So will I dislike QOS because of it? Nope. Very unlikely. However, if it were me, I would make the palette richer, and the sets more vibrant. But, funny thing, they didn't consult me! - AGAIN! :(

#23 James Blond

James Blond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 11:13 PM

Is it me, or do the various images from QOS give it a very utilitarian feel? The sets, the clothes, the colors, etc. all seem very bland, and the scenes somewhat drab. I'm not being critical of the movie's quality and I'm certainly not saying it will be a poor movie because of it, I'm just making an observation as to how it LOOKS visually.

I have just been noticing how color and vibrance and sets have been downplayed - it certainly makes an artistic statement, however, it appears a bit dismal and plain. I'm sure I will enjoy the movie, I'm sure the acting will be fantastic, and I am expecting an excellent story line (and those things are what ULTIMATELY count) but I can't say I really like the look of the color palette so far.

The choice of the look of the film MAY even work to the advantage of the story itself, however, I must admit that I like a bit more color and richness in a movie - personally.

Remember, I'm still fully expecting QOS to be fantastic - in fact I'm hopeful (based on CR), that it will be one of the best Bond movies ever. HOWEVER, I still can't bring myself to like when they choose a single palette or tint that defines an entire film.

I must admit, I am a bit weary of the way many movies of the past few years seem to pick a certain tint that governs the overall look of the entire film. The lack of natural coloring seems to push the overall impression of a movie into the realm of fantasy - like viewing the film as a dream or like seeing it in a smokey mirror. You can see this in the Lord of the Rings movies, the Matrix films, the Batman movies, etc. The look has a tendency (at least for me) to keep me from feeling less than fully immersed in a movie. It's like looking at the world through eyes that are not fully open. It's as if I can never fully grasp the movie visually. I guess it is a stage that film makers are going through, but I can't say I'm always thrilled with it - and I'm looking forward to the time when this trend in movie making balances itself out a bit.

Does this effect my enjoyment of a film? Well, a bit - a very TINY bit. But that doesn't keep me from finding some of the movies above as some of the best films of all time. So will I dislike QOS because of it? Nope. Very unlikely. However, if it were me, I would make the palette richer, and the sets more vibrant. But, funny thing, they didn't consult me! - AGAIN! :(

I've been thinking the same thing for a while, everything looks so...sterile. After the rich colors of CR in the Bahamas, these pictures seem a bit bland. They actually remind me of some of the Bond sets of the 70's, although I admit I'm not sure why.
That being said, I'm very excited for the movie, with the talent of this cast it should be great.

#24 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:54 AM

Lol... well, I work on that site. Don't sue me please, I'm making new icons, we're using yours to make the bulletins more intresting. Hope you'll understand boy :(

A bit cheeky, especially to lift/steal/borrow from a site of which you are a member without first asking permission.

#25 blueman

blueman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2219 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:59 AM

I'm seeing color as a component of composition, a rather more refined approach IMO than many previous Bonds which do indeed splash the hues around. Like it.

#26 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:05 AM

I need a hi-res version of the Gemma Arterton one. :D

Oh my......

[G] emma
Artert[o]n
[d ]
[!]
(Put them al together! :) )

Why didn't they choose her for the main Bond girl role? :( :) ;)

Edited by Aris007, 19 August 2008 - 11:12 AM.

#27 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:21 AM

I've been thinking the same thing for a while, everything looks so...sterile. After the rich colors of CR in the Bahamas, these pictures seem a bit bland. They actually remind me of some of the Bond sets of the 70's, although I admit I'm not sure why.
That being said, I'm very excited for the movie, with the talent of this cast it should be great.

Yeah, but look at some of the other images we've seen, like the one of Bond crouching over Camille with his gun out; it's up against an orange background. Or the ones from the actual streets of Siena and from the harbour here they were filming. Plenty of colour there.

Why didn't they choose her for the main Bond girl role? :( :) :)

Because the lead Bond Girl has to be Bolivian. I suspect she was made half-Bolivian, half-Ukranian because Olga Kurylenko couldn't quite eradicate her native accent.

#28 James Blond

James Blond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:51 AM

Yeah, but look at some of the other images we've seen, like the one of Bond crouching over Camille with his gun out; it's up against an orange background. Or the ones from the actual streets of Siena and from the harbour here they were filming. Plenty of colour there.

Why didn't they choose her for the main Bond girl role? :( :) :)

Because the lead Bond Girl has to be Bolivian. I suspect she was made half-Bolivian, half-Ukranian because Olga Kurylenko couldn't quite eradicate her native accent.

Without a doubt, the picture of Bond shielding Camille is one of the best images I've seen so far.

#29 Marketto007

Marketto007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2487 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 12:27 PM

Is this a new one of Elvis?

Nope.

Great White/Bond photo.

Don't blame the Kid Evan. :(

You should feel glad about it... :)

xxx

#30 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 12:32 PM

I also like the one with Craig and M in the snow! It's really dark, isn't it?