238 replies to this topic

#1 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:20 PM

Which car would you love to see in the future Bond films?

For me Mecedes SL AMG is a great choice.

#2 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:58 PM

JAGUAR apparently they have an F-Type in possible development, basically a 2 door version of the new XF.

#3 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:39 PM

If you wanted the three primary components (English, coupe, exclusive) of the traditional James Bond car without going Aston Martin AND having a connection to Ian Fleming then i'd have to go with:

Bentley Continental GT Coupe

If you want to go with European, less exclusive and with some significance to the series i'd go:

BMW M5 Coupe

It all depends on the script, Bond's cover, location, etc. Heck, if he's somewhere in America, i'd even put him in a Corvette as long as GM was willing to pay up...but then everyone would be screaming "sell out!".

#4 Gri007

Gri007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1719 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:07 PM

I watched Top Gear yesterday, and I saw this.

Have it armed with some rockets and gadgets, and I think you have got a good Bond car. Very original and brilliant ingrediant for a good action scene

#5 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:29 PM

That blonde guy in the white shirt w the Lucky Strike and Honda logos is Jenson Button, the Honda Formula One Grand Prix driver.

That shirt is not this season's...so the footage is either from 2007 or 2006.

#6 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 01:36 AM

Bently maybe ?

#7 Single-O-Seven

Single-O-Seven

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1323 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 01:44 AM

I wonder what DC's Bond is driving off-camera? Meaning, in his day-to-day life, and when not using a company Aston Martin, what is Bond driving? I think it's safe to go the Fleming route and select the Bentley that HR mentioned above. In fact, a short scene of Bond driving his own personal car might be a good way to squeeze a Bentley - or any other car - in if the producers decide to keep him in an Aston Martin whilst on the job.

#8 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:31 AM

I wonder what DC's Bond is driving off-camera? Meaning, in his day-to-day life, and when not using a company Aston Martin, what is Bond driving? I think it's safe to go the Fleming route and select the Bentley that HR mentioned above.

Well, this Bond would be using the car he won from Dimetrios at the poker table at the Ocean Club in Nassau before killing him, i.e. the 'beautiful' 1964 Aston Martin DB5. Non?

#9 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:13 AM

Sticking Bond in whatever latest flash sports car there is available is just a bit naff.

I would prefer something story lead, which may mean another 2CV or a 4x4 thing. The FYEO chase was good fun and exciting which tends to negate the nead for all those suggesting that Bond should have a chase in a Formula 1 car (it has happenend).

Just 'cos it goes, like, fast, doesn't mean to say it will be excitingly filmed. Just look at the TWODDLE ski chase - just crap.

So for my part, stick him in a mini van.

#10 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:31 PM

I am tempted to say a Bentley Continental, but they are absolutely enormous and impractical.

But that's never stopped them before!

#11 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 01:34 PM

If he were writing today, it is a bit of a leap from battered but technically sound Bentley, battleship grey and its purpose being just to locomote to a 'very nice' and awfully expensive sports car. The Saint, maybe. He drove a Bugatti in Vendetta for the Saint.

I was thinking of a chase scene, non-product placement oriented where any old heap would do just as nicely.

#12 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 01:50 PM

Sticking Bond in whatever latest flash sports car there is available is just a bit naff.

I would prefer something story lead, which may mean another 2CV or a 4x4 thing.

:tup: :tup: :(

For the same reason, I'd like to see him behind the wheel of a Mini! (really!) :)

#13 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:34 AM

It seems to me that Bond (at least the literary version) leaned strongly towards powerful GT (grand touring) cars, from which I take it that he prefers 4 place coup

#14 MarcAngeDraco

MarcAngeDraco

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3312 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:49 AM

The only reason anyone drives a ferrari, porche, AM, Mazeratti, Lamberghini has to be because they cant afford the BV, the fastest, most powerful, Hi -tech and 'sophisticated production vehicle of all times.'

No, I think some people actually want a car that is fast and also looks good doing it. The BV looks like an atrocious mess.

I put it to you also that if Fleming was writing Bond today, he would be driving a Bugatti Veyron (and it would be English).

Absolutely not! Fleming had Bond driving a 20+ year old Bentley in many of the novels, not the most expensive super-car of all time.

#15 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:26 PM

I think that Buggati Veyron isn't the car for Bond. It may be powerful and the fastest thing with four wheels on earth, but it's ugly and it's not a Bondian car. For example the Aston is so beautiful and stylish while the Buggati is a piece of metal with a few lines.

A bondian car is the BMW M1(concept). Really beautiful and I hope powerful enough.

Check this out:
http://www.tuningnew...1-homage-02.jpg
http://www.bmwblog.c...omage_hi_07.jpg
http://www.caradvice...omage_hi_08.jpg

#16 bond1992

bond1992

Recruit

• Crew
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 02:54 PM

I think the DB5 would be good but a Rolls convertible or Bentley would be plenty fine.

#17 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 11:58 AM

Would anyone like to see Mercedes-Benz SLR?

#18 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 12:54 PM

I put it to you also that if Fleming was writing Bond today, he would be driving a Bugatti Veyron (and it would be English).

What rot. Fleming's Bond liked a massive tourer with plenty of boot space, and he usually bought them second hand, if not 20 years old. He never drove an all-out sports car, and he never would have bought a car which costs more than an enormous country house.

If we were to pick him up and plonk in the present day, Fleming's Bond would probably be driving a ten year old Aston Martin (they actually are pretty much now what Bentleys were in Fleming's day) or maybe even an old model Jaguar XKR with a few engine modifications to make it a bit hotter. Maybe even an old 90's model Aston Vantage- they fit the 'selfish' and rather brutally ugly grand tourer style he's go in for. They'd just cost a bit to keep going, that's all.

#19 B. Brown

B. Brown

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 477 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 03:14 PM

Ford Pinto.

#20 Red Barchetta

Red Barchetta

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1161 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 11:24 PM

At some point I'd like Bond to come to the USA, just so he could drive a Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500- the iconic American muscle car, and a good match for being in a 'loud' country.

If he's out driving around town I would go with the Bentley as well, as Bond's non-work car.

#21 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 11:54 PM

At some point I'd like Bond to come to the USA, just so he could drive a Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500- the iconic American muscle car, and a good match for being in a 'loud' country.

If he's out driving around town I would go with the Bentley as well, as Bond's non-work car.

Along those lines, if he's in the US, might I be so bold as to suggest the Shelby GT-H, since it's certainly plausible that it could be a rental, straight from Hertz (no gadgets of Q-branch involvement needed for story elements).

#22 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:24 PM

Land Rover LRX

Posted Image

this one would be very cool to see Bond driving. :tup:

#23 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:25 PM

Yeah, and maybe the villain could be driving the new Dodge Challenger... oh wait, that'll never do. Bond is supposed to win in a car chase, isn't he? :-D

Before anyone who likes the Mustang gets offended, this is just a joke.

#24 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:25 PM

Yeah, and maybe the villain could be driving the new Dodge Challenger... oh wait, that'll never do. Bond is supposed to win in a car chase, isn't he? :-D

Before anyone who likes the Mustang gets offended, this is just a joke.

#25 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 06:03 AM

Not a new Dodge Challenger, but an older one. Like the 1970-72 model that apeared in the short-lived FOX series Drive:

Posted Image

#26 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:02 AM

I'm not sure anyone could call a Veyron practical. It's just too over the top, even for Bond. You may as well have him driving a racing car.

#27 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 04:15 PM

What about the new Chevrolet Camaro?
Posted Image

#28 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 10:56 AM

2 suggestions :tup:

Alfa Romeo GT

Posted Image

[font="Century Gothic"]Mercedes-Benz SLK coup

#29 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 01:53 AM

What about the new Chevrolet Camaro?
Posted Image

No, and this is nothing against the new Camaro, but when I see the new Camaro, I automatically think of Bumblebee from Transformers. What about a Viper?

Edited by Jaws0178, 15 June 2008 - 01:53 AM.

#30 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 02:51 AM

The Bentley Continental GT. I think it was a shame this was not the car of CR. Not only would it have been true to Fleming, but Craig seems more suited to a Bentley. Classic beefy Bond. Aston Martins are for sissys. :tup: