18 replies to this topic

#1 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 06:47 PM

I just gave in, after listening to the potential themetune samples, and pre-ordered the book on Amazon.

Who else has pre-ordered it?

#2 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:00 PM

I had it pre-ordered a while back but cancelled the order for some reason. Maybe since the US cover art is so good, I'll pre-order it again soon. :tup:

#3 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:34 PM

I pre-ordered the US version, but I will buy the UK edition in a store as I'm going to be there. Be fun to go out and buy a Bond book in a store on the day of release.

#4 Orion

Orion

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1579 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:40 PM

I pre-ordered it about a month ago, really looking forward to it.

#5 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:58 PM

Must pre-order soon...

#6 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 08:01 PM

I'll get it in May. :tup:

#7 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:45 PM

I never buy hardbacks, but I'm gonna have to make an exception here, otherwise I'll be waiting several agonising extra months to read the bugger, by which time I'll have been spoilered to death.... unless, of course, there's about as much discussion of the novel's plot here on CBn as there was for the MONEYPENNY DIARIES books, i.e. next to zip. But I hope that that won't be the case.

So, yeah, I'll be pre-ordering. Because it's worth it. Because it's Faulks.

#8 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:27 AM

unless, of course, there's about as much discussion of the novel's plot here on CBn as there was for the MONEYPENNY DIARIES books, i.e. next to zip.

Have you read either of those yet, Loomis? Really worth the time in my opinion if you get a chance.

#9 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:30 AM

I may read the Moneypenny Diaries.

#10 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:37 AM

I pre-ordered it on Amazon.com.

WARNING: Amazon has a tricky new tactic that automatically signs you up for a "free trial" of their Amazon Prime program if you're not paying attention during checkout. It gives you a discount on your purchase but will cost you $70+ if you don't disable its automatic renewal before a certain date. This tactic is pure sleaze and I'm appalled that Amazon would stoop so low. The annual price of Amazon Prime isn't justified by its discounts unless you're rich and use Amazon everyday.

#11 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:47 AM

I may read the Moneypenny Diaries.

Definitely give the first one, The Moneypenny Diaries: Guardian Angel, a chance if you can.

#12 MarcAngeDraco

MarcAngeDraco

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3312 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:00 PM

WARNING: Amazon has a tricky new tactic that automatically signs you up for a "free trial" of their Amazon Prime program if you're not paying attention during checkout. It gives you a discount on your purchase but will cost you $70+ if you don't disable its automatic renewal before a certain date. This tactic is pure sleaze and I'm appalled that Amazon would stoop so low. The annual price of Amazon Prime isn't justified by its discounts unless you're rich and use Amazon everyday.

I noticed that the last time I ordered something from Amazon and was quite annoyed as well.

(Luckily, I was paying attention)

#13 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 01:07 AM

I pre-ordered the US version, but I will buy the UK edition in a store as I'm going to be there. Be fun to go out and buy a Bond book in a store on the day of release.

They sell books in stores??? Hmmm, interesting concept...

I pre-ordered mine, along with the new Young Bond book.

#14 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 01:12 AM

I noticed that the last time I ordered something from Amazon and was quite annoyed as well.

(Luckily, I was paying attention)

I thought it was just a pop-up ad so I clicked it away which automatically enrolled me in the program. That's not fair! :tup:

#15 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:17 AM

I have mine pre-ordered.

I haven't had a similar issue with the Amazon Prime service trying to force itself on my orders. There is a green "join now" tag that shows-up after each item I purchase but I just ignore it. Always good advice to watch those annoying pop-ups - you never know what they will have you buying. :tup:

#16 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:46 AM

They sell books in stores??? Hmmm, interesting concept...

:tup:

The Man With The Red Tattoo was the last "new" Bond book I bought in a store.

#17 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:28 AM

Right there with you Zencat. Hell, I plan to be right there with you! We'll have to take a picture. :tup: Who knows, might be a group photo with whomever from CBn is present.

First round of pints are on me afterwards. :tup:

#18 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:41 AM

I'll just pick it up in the store. First day of course.

#19 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 04:04 PM

Thought I'd pick up the conversation about Amazon Prime, because I decided to take the plunge and join. Yes, it's pricey, but I order a lot from Amazon (not just books, but home appliances, electronics, even socks and underwear) and I've really gotten tired of playing the combining order thing to try and get free shipping. I'm also fed up with the wait time when you do get free shipping (I'm still waiting on my Indy IV Blu-Ray which I really wanted to watch last night). Free two day shipping on anything of any price is awfully nice. I also didn't know you could share your membership with family members and significant others.

I see my CR 67 is getting ready to ship. I expect CR 06 will also ship soon, so I expect to have them both on release day. That's what I'm talking about!