19 replies to this topic

#1 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 05:06 AM

Hey, there, Roger Moore fans! For all you who’ve felt gipped by Mr. Blofeld and my Lazenby rewrites, here’s a Moore film from the same universe! And, now:

EVERYTHING OR NOTHING (1979)

In early 1978, Kevin McClory and Sean Connery finally get what they’ve wanted for almost a decade: The cinematic rights to Thunderball. Eagerly imagining a competitor series to the EON films, the two quickly create their own production company, Tam O’Shanter Films, and begin to approach the studios for marketing and distribution rights. After going through seven studios, it is finally picked up by Warner Bros., who insist, despite worrying the film might bomb in comparison to the upcoming EON Moonraker, that the duo begin filming in nine months.

Deciding to get fresh new talent, the two quickly score a major coup by picking up young rising filmmaker Steven Spielberg as director, and this quickly starts a snowballing of media flurry. Proclaiming this film to be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to appear alongside Sean Connery as James Bond, the producers are mobbed with thousands of requests, eventually picking both classic (Trevor Howard, Michael York, Joss Ackland) and popular (Bo Derek, Helen Mirren, Ian Hendry, Lynda Carter) actors to appear in key roles.

As production gears up, writers such as Ian Le Frenais and Ronald Hardy contribute to the script, with Anthony Barwick doing one final polish during filming. All seems to go well at first; unfortunately, about a week before shooting is due to begin, Sean Connery gets in a car accident and breaks his leg in seven places. With no way to wait for Connery to recuperate, McClory is forced to find another actor to play James Bond; through the Scotsman’s friend Michael Caine, McClory eventually decides on Roger Moore to play the famous role.

Work begins on October 12, 1978 in Egypt, with the train chase scene, then quickly moves to the Moroccan and New Orleans shoots. Interior scenes are shot at Elstree Studios, with the Russian scenes being filmed around a park in Sheffield, and the climactic helicopter finale is shot on a completely white soundstage using mockups of choppers and dry ice. As production wraps, producer Sean Connery thinks up a mocking title, which Kevin McClory is only delighted to second: Everything or Nothing.

After shooting is finished, the score is written; John Williams, brought over by director Spielberg, records a bombastic score filled with sweeping themes and Bond-esque moments, which the producers promptly remove from sections of the film and replace with disco-inspired music by record producer Robert Stigwood once the Bee-Gees are signed on to perform the title song.

In early July, the producers, in a stroke of luck, are licenced use of the Bond theme by Monty Norman himself – but for one occasion only. Seeing their chance, they bring Jerry Goldsmith in to perform the theme for the iconic teaser trailer: As an announcer intones, “This summer… there is one man… you can always count on…”, a Lazenby-lookalike strolls through the gunbarrel, then is shot; the scene then cuts to a smoking gun, as the renowned Bond theme begins, and the camera dollies up and back to reveal none other than a sly-looking Roger Moore, who quips, “You were expecting someone else?”

The film opens on September 22, 1979, and stars Roger Moore as James Bond, David Hemmings as Johann Wertler, Bo Derek as Dominique St. Germaine, Victor Buono as Nikolas Brulzinski, Helen Mirren as Kaya Kalavikova, Trevor Howard as M, Alec McCowen as Algernon, Ian Hendry as Turtelbaut, Michael York as 003, Lynda Carter as Agent Starling, Martin Shaw as Lippe, Vivian Stanshall as Fran

Edited by coco1997, 01 March 2008 - 05:15 AM.

#2 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 06:22 AM

Erm... anyone? :tup:

#3 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 06:28 AM

Patience; it's late. :tup:

#4 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 06:33 AM

Very well, mon ami... :tup:

#5 theMoorethemerrier

theMoorethemerrier

Cadet

• Crew
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 07:17 AM

Very good. I can see Roger Moore totally doing all these stunts. I thought there were some things that could have been elaborated on further, but overall anything with Roger Moore(besides AVTAK) is something I can watch/read. I love the end as well, as Blofeld is finally cast away into the cold, dark abyss, and it gives me great joy that he was the one to do it. It wasn't the best I've seen, but Everything or Nothing is definitely enjoyable.

#6 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 07:52 AM

Why, thanks very much! Do be so hospitable as to check out Moonraker as well. :tup:

#7 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 06:46 PM

Erm... anyone else? We'd like to hear what you have to say. :tup:

#8 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 06:50 PM

C'mon over, folks; don't be shy! Check it out and send in a reply, if you wish! :tup:

#9 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 06:51 PM

Be patient! :tup:

Edited by coco1997, 02 March 2008 - 06:51 PM.

#10 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 01:55 AM

Even now? :tup:

#11 operator5

operator5

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 03:45 AM

Hang on, hang on. I started reading this, but then stopped short only because I want to read the other Lazen-verse entries first. Believe me: like Bond, I WILL return to this. Heck, it was this sort of inventive creativity that made me join the forums in the first place!

#12 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 04:19 AM

Hang on, hang on. I started reading this, but then stopped short only because I want to read the other Lazen-verse entries first. Believe me: like Bond, I WILL return to this. Heck, it was this sort of inventive creativity that made me join the forums in the first place!

Why, thanks very much! I think you'll very much enjoy our upcoming Lazen-verse rewrite, For Your Eyes Only. :tup:

#13 Bradley De La Cloche

Bradley De La Cloche

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:09 PM

Great stuff, coco1997. It's better than what we really got! :(

BTW, here's a poster I made...

Posted Image

Edited by Bradley De La Cloche, 04 November 2008 - 04:39 PM.

#14 ACE

ACE

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4543 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:47 PM

BTW, here's a poster I made...

Posted Image

Cool poster, Bradley De La Cloche. Better than the treatment.

#15 Roebuck

Roebuck

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1870 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 06:18 PM

Can I be allowed a minor nitpick? As Drexler didnt publish Engines of Creation untill '86, then '78 is a little early for a Bond plot featuring nanotechnology.

#16 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:38 PM

Cool poster, Bradley De La Cloche. Better than the treatment.

Lol, no need to be a complete :(, ACE.

#17 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:31 AM

Hey, I never noticed that poster before; awesome! :tdown::tup:

Now, please, get ready for coco1997, terminus, and I's latest (and long overdue) rewrite, For Your Eyes Only! :tdown:

COMING AT 9:00!!! B)

#18 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:36 AM

9:00? B)

#19 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander