"there

#3 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 11:29 PM

Not worrisome at all. They've only just begun production on the film--they really "don't have" the film yet, so to speak.

#4 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:26 AM

Yes, he means that they need an end product before they get a theme song for it.

#5 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:38 AM

Looks like another load of "garbage".

It's odd how the main actor seems to be spokesperson for a production company now. :tup:

#6 Trident

Trident

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2658 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 07:02 AM

[quote name='Qwerty' post='834812' date='8 February 2008 - 00:22'][box]

We reported earlier that if the

Edited by Trident, 08 February 2008 - 07:04 AM.

#7 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 07:05 AM

[quote name='Trident' post='835019' date='8 February 2008 - 07:02'][quote name='Qwerty' post='834812' date='8 February 2008 - 00:22'][box]

#8 Trident

Trident

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2658 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 07:27 AM

[quote name='Skudor' post='835020' date='8 February 2008 - 08:05'][quote name='Trident' post='835019' date='8 February 2008 - 07:02'][quote name='Qwerty' post='834812' date='8 February 2008 - 00:22'][box]

Edited by Trident, 08 February 2008 - 07:30 AM.

#9 stamper

stamper

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2994 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 07:33 AM

Amy winehouse is ugly and her mouth smells wine. Is that really what the new Bond image is aiming for ? Let's get Oasis instead, at least, they know how to craft SONGS. Not just HYPE.

#10 Trident

Trident

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2658 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 07:49 AM

Amy winehouse is ugly and her mouth smells wine.

Are you serious? I never had the chance to experience how her mouth smelled (or that of any other singer for that matter; just not my usual type of lady).

Let's get Oasis instead, at least, they know how to craft SONGS. Not just HYPE.

Oasis? The ones that hyped a never-ending enmity with Blur? Frankly, (What's The Story) Morning Glory? was great, but that was over ten years ago and since then I haven't heard anything exciting by the Gallaghers. No, not my favourites.

At any rate it seems as if Winehouse is just kept in the discussion to give her positive headlines, so you most likely needn't worry about her.

Edited by Trident, 08 February 2008 - 07:51 AM.

#11 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 07:52 AM

Amy winehouse is ugly and her mouth smells wine. Is that really what the new Bond image is aiming for ? Let's get Oasis instead, at least, they know how to craft SONGS. Not just HYPE.

Yes, they're very beautiful and only smell of cocaine. Yum!

#12 Trident

Trident

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2658 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 07:56 AM

I should have thought that was beer? The cocaine smell would surely stem from their noses (hypothetically, of course), wouldn't it? Not that I had the chance to enjoy Winehouse's nose for that matter, so I'm not sure if she can be deemed innocent of such smells...

Edited by Trident, 08 February 2008 - 07:57 AM.

#13 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 08:02 AM

I should have thought that was beer? The cocaine smell would surely stem from their noses (hypothetically, of course), wouldn't it? Not that I had the chance to enjoy Winehouse's nose for that matter, so I'm not sure if she can be deemed innocent of such smells...

On reflection, they probably smell of Cigarettes & Alcohol.

#14 Trident

Trident

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2658 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 08:05 AM

On reflection, they probably smell of Cigarettes & Alcohol.

And, on the rare occasion of a supernova, of champagne.

#15 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 08:45 AM

She might be a complete druggie... but I sort of like her music. It would certainly suit the mood of the film and the title.

#16 Trident

Trident

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2658 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 08:57 AM

I'll have to check her out first (neither orally, nor nasally, but with my ears) before I make my mind up. From what I've heard so far, she might be promising, but so may be others.

Edited by Trident, 08 February 2008 - 08:58 AM.

#17 Leon

Leon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 10:25 AM

The Sun reports that Amy Winehouse has the offer right at the beginning of the films production? Er yea it's blatantly nonsense, they NEVER start dealing with the title song artist until post production, how many people can forget this so often?

Also...The Sun...enough said, for anyone who doesn't know (ie not from the UK) whatever The Sun says, don't even read it. :tup:

And yes, as has been mentioned, Daniel Craig saying they haven't got a movie yet is right...they haven't, it's only just started shooting and there's a hell of a way to go even without post-production which is where a movie gets made. You can have ALL the necessary footage possible but without the massive amount of work that has to be put into editing it together it's just a pile of footage and not a movie.

As for it seeming odd that DC is acting as a spokesperson for the production it's not strange, he has a big input into the production of these films - it was one of his conditions for accepting the role.

Finally, as for my opinion of Amy Winehouse's music...the less said the better. Average winey pop at best, she can hold a note but so can large amounts of actually amazing artists who also write fantastic music and can play instruments like gods. Radiohead for example.

Edited by Leon, 08 February 2008 - 10:28 AM.

#18 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 11:16 AM

The Sun reports that Amy Winehouse has the offer right at the beginning of the films production? Er yea it's blatantly nonsense, they NEVER start dealing with the title song artist until post production, how many people can forget this so often?

Madonna was announced very early in production of DAD and Chris Cornell visited the set of CR during the filming at Prague's Barrandov Studios. Added to this David Arnold is on record as saying that he will be starting work much earlier this time and will be working exclusively on QoS for most of its production (this is the way Marc Forster likes to work with the composer, apparently)

Also...The Sun...enough said, for anyone who doesn't know (ie not from the UK) whatever The Sun says, don't even read it. :tup:

By the way, I

#19 mrsbonds_ppk

mrsbonds_ppk

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1297 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 11:43 AM

I just hope they get somebody good. I don't want a lame Bond song.

#20 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 11:51 AM

[quote name='Shrublands' post='835074' date='8 February 2008 - 11:16'][quote name='Leon' post='835055' date='8 February 2008 - 10:25']The Sun reports that Amy Winehouse has the offer right at the beginning of the films production? Er yea it's blatantly nonsense, they NEVER start dealing with the title song artist until post production, how many people can forget this so often?[/quote]

Madonna was announced very early in production of DAD and Chris Cornell visited the set of CR during the filming at Prague's Barrandov Studios. Added to this David Arnold is on record as saying that he will be starting work much earlier this time and will be working exclusively on QoS for most of its production (this is the way Marc Forster likes to work with the composer, apparently)

[quote name='Leon' post='835055' date='8 February 2008 - 10:25']Also...The Sun...enough said, for anyone who doesn't know (ie not from the UK) whatever The Sun says, don't even read it. :tup:[/quote]

By the way, I

#21 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:13 PM

I think she is one of the most talented singer/song writers working today (I love her Back to Black album), she is also very cool and hip, she would be perfect for all sorts of reasons.

#22 Trident

Trident

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2658 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:21 PM

I just picked up 'Back To Black'. Has a nice 60ish timbre to it. She sounds much older than she actually is. Voice is a little off-colour and her tracks don't seem to be top-ten-staple-diet. Still I'm not sure if she'd be the right choice. Perhaps because I haven't heard anything agent-stylish yet. Have to see...

#23 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:47 PM

I dont't think she'll get the job, and quite frankly I don't want her to.

#24 stamper

stamper

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2994 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:13 PM

I hope EON is smart enough to realise that Amy Winehouse (which I can smell just by looking at a pic of her) is just today trash hype and will be gone and hopefully forgotten asap and is nowhere near the class that the 007 series is emblematic for (even with the trash they produced between 1973 and 2003).
As quoted above, at least Oasis smells of champagne supernova coke class, just look at the lady look for chrissakes, it's a nightmare !

#25 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:20 PM

I hope EON is smart enough to realise that Amy Winehouse (which I can smell just by looking at a pic of her) is just today trash hype and will be gone and hopefully forgotten asap and is nowhere near the class that the 007 series is emblematic for (even with the trash they produced between 1973 and 2003).
As quoted above, at least Oasis smells of champagne supernova coke class, just look at the lady look for chrissakes, it's a nightmare !

and speaking of class

#26 kneelbeforezod

kneelbeforezod

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1131 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:26 PM

and speaking of class… :tup:

yeah, what an ugly post. Why does the media try and teach us to HATE people that are addicted to drugs? A question for another forum perhaps lol.

That said, I agree that she is unlikely to get the job just because she seems to be a in a bad place. I do think she has a fantastic, classic sounding voice though, which would be perfect for Bond right now.

Average winey pop at best

:tup: have you even heard her?!

Anyone else familiar with her track Love is a losing game? I think it would make a gorgeous, sultry Bond theme...

#27 Trident

Trident

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2658 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:40 PM

Anyone else familiar with her track Love is a losing game? I think it would make a gorgeous, sultry Bond theme...

Fine song way up the blues track. Maybe for the end-titles? I still miss a bit of that old secret-agent-dangerous-mission vibrant. But there have been certainly worse artists than Winehouse doing Bond. But as has been said before, the Winehouse drumming in the media is most likely not backed by anything substantial.

#28 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:43 PM

Yes, it would, she comes up with some great melodies, a few would work very well orchestrated into a Bond score. I could see some working at a faster pace for action as well as slower for romance or suspense.

A strong theme by Arnold and Winehouse could work wonders in giving the QoS score a distinctive character.

#29 kneelbeforezod

kneelbeforezod

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1131 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:46 PM

Fine song way up the blues track. Maybe for the end-titles? I still miss a bit of that old secret-agent-dangerous-mission vibrant. But there have been certainly worse artists than Winehouse doing Bond. But as has been said before, the Winehouse drumming in the media is most likely not backed by anything substantial.

Agreed, that track is probably too moody and downbeat, and yet.. even some of the backing instrumental stuff sounds like Bond. Just listening to it now, if I heard that over the opening titles I'd be very happy.

#30 Trident

Trident

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2658 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:57 PM

I think she could well do the evil/moody counterpart of a 'Nobody Does It Better'. And what I'm missing at the moment might just be because she hasn't aimed for it up to now. But I have a feeling that EON is going in a more rock-oriented direction. I may be completely wrong on that one, but they seemed pretty happy with Cornell. Not sure if they will want to change that general direction.