This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Why did "saint" Roger Moore break so many hearts?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Lady Templar

Lady Templar

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1277 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 11:12 PM

I have updated roger-moore.com with an article from The Daily Mail:

Part 1

Part 2

#2 LadySylvia

LadySylvia

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1299 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 02:26 AM

Roger Moore was a "saint" in real life? :D

#3 col_007

col_007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 03:45 AM

you obviously dont know much about the british press at times there total scum they love ripping people to pieces

#4 LadySylvia

LadySylvia

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1299 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 07:57 AM

you obviously dont know much about the british press at times there total scum they love ripping people to pieces

Oh, I understand all about the British press. Quite frankly, they're not that different from the American press. I'm just amazed that they actually believe that the public is stupidly naive. Typical of the press.

#5 col_007

col_007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:01 PM

Oh, I understand all about the British press. Quite frankly, they're not that different from the American press. I'm just amazed that they actually believe that the public is stupidly naive. Typical of the press.

well theres one paper i wont touch ever its called the sun dunno if you've heard of it but they print lies

#6 Brian Flagg

Brian Flagg

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:44 PM

Sensational to be sure, but fascinating, since I knew next to nothing about Rog's personal life. Amazing, how Moore survived many marriages and career ups and downs until he finally "made it" as Bond, and now a whole new public face with UNICEF.

#7 Dell Deaton

Dell Deaton

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 08:13 PM

It is what it is.... :tup:

#8 sark

sark

Lieutenant

• Enlisting
  • PipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 07:07 AM

Roger Moore was a "saint" in real life? :tup:

well theres one paper i wont touch ever its called the sun dunno if you've heard of it but they print lies

Isn't that the biggest paper in the UK?

#9 David_M

David_M

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1064 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 07:50 PM

I have to say this entire article has a pretty sordid bent to it, which is expected from the Mail, but it's more than a little surprising to find it reprinted on the official Roger Moore website of all places. Don't get me wrong; I don't see Sir Roger as the "censoring" type, and nothing's more boring than a site that only tells one side, but really it's hard to picture Rog being tickled with, let alone proud of this article and its contents.

For that matter, it's hard to imagine ANY celebrity being happy about an article that paints him as an aging, unemployable has-been, never mind all the icky details of sexual infedility.

I hope none of this ends up in the book, frankly. I was pleased to see Roger's reply to questions about whether his ex-wives would figure in his autobiography; he said: "Well, I've been married four times, so does that make me a good husband?"

Nicely put, and let's leave it at that.