'...we absolutely want the controls to be top notch.'

#2 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 03:24 AM

This sounds promising. Hopefully, I'll be able to get my hands on a Wii by the time this game is released. :D

#3 HH007

HH007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1833 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 03:30 AM

I will buy a Wii just to get this game.

#4 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 03:57 AM

Yea, and I can go ahead and confirm that they're also doing the PC port. My speculation in the original CBn article from last August is slightly off. Move the Wii port over to Beenox and I think it's still good.

#5 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 04:39 AM

I will buy a Wii just to get this game.

Do you currently own one of the other consoles/systems this game is planned to be released on?

#6 Mr Teddy Bear

Mr Teddy Bear

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1154 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:28 AM

Although I own a Wii, I won't get my hopes up. This developer rimarily does ports, with their first original game being Bee Movie Game. So I'll definitely be taking the wait and see approach.

Edited by Mr Teddy Bear, 04 January 2008 - 07:32 AM.

#7 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:10 AM

I have a PS3 and I am looking forward to the increased graphical detail. If this Wii version starts to sound good, I will likely buy one just for it.

#8 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 12:10 PM

The Nintendo Wii graphics are horrible, especially the Harry Potter game. If you want 'increased graphical detail' the safest bet is to go with the XBox 360 or the PS3 versions, or both :D.

I dont care much for the Wii tbh, when I was playing on it round a friends I felt such a prat standing there, flinging my arms about playing on a console that was inspired by an 8 year olds word for Urine.

#9 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 12:16 PM

Precisely Mharkin. You may have mis-read my post, but the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions will look excellent. Larger maps also I'd expect with more storage to use. As for Wii, they are Gamecubes with remotes to me. I'll see how this Wii Bond version come along first.

#10 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 12:19 PM

Na I didn't mis-read it, I just based my post on yours, to make sure no one ends up wasting their money on a Wii game. :D

#11 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 12:22 PM

Excellent!

I wouldn't buy them either. The only money I would fork out for a Wii game would be for Bond. I will wait and see with it though, it most likely will end up as a disappointment like the hyped Red Steel.

#12 Mr Teddy Bear

Mr Teddy Bear

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1154 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 01:07 PM

And Lair and Perfect Dark Zero were hyped as the second coming on PS3 and 360 so every games on those systems will be disappointments too. :D

#13 col_007

col_007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 04:48 PM

The Nintendo Wii graphics are horrible, especially the Harry Potter game. If you want 'increased graphical detail' the safest bet is to go with the XBox 360 or the PS3 versions, or both :D.

I dont care much for the Wii tbh, when I was playing on it round a friends I felt such a prat standing there, flinging my arms about playing on a console that was inspired by an 8 year olds word for Urine.

its the best selling console in the uk you know whos silly now :P

#14 arm4life

arm4life

Cadet

• Crew
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 05:36 PM

i wish they would make a bond game in the same style/format of Call of Duty or Halo where its almost strictly a multplayer experience leaving lots of room for huge maps, tons of characters, and tons of weapons spanning across the entire bond universe. It seems like thats whats hot now anyway with online console gaming being as sharp as it is. But it would only be good if they didn't chinse out on it, i'll admit that nightfire, rogue agent and FRWL had decent multiplayer experiences but they never lived up to goldeneye for the 64. I think its time that someone comes out with a bond game that we can finally say, "holy crap, this is better than goldeneye"

#15 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:45 PM

i wish they would make a bond game in the same style/format of Call of Duty or Halo where its almost strictly a multplayer experience leaving lots of room for huge maps, tons of characters, and tons of weapons spanning across the entire bond universe. It seems like thats whats hot now anyway with online console gaming being as sharp as it is. But it would only be good if they didn't chinse out on it, i'll admit that nightfire, rogue agent and FRWL had decent multiplayer experiences but they never lived up to goldeneye for the 64. I think its time that someone comes out with a bond game that we can finally say, "holy crap, this is better than goldeneye"

Activision has been talking about making the franchise great again, and while that remains to be seen, I think it's obvious that by "great again" they're referring to GoldenEye. If this is the case then I think this game - though maybe not the Wii version (who can say at this point) - will have a very in-depth multiplayer experience. Not having that would be a huge mistake IMHO.

#16 arm4life

arm4life

Cadet

• Crew
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:57 PM

it really seems as if they havn't started production on this game which makes me worry because its slated to come out the same time as the movie or slightly before. That would mean they have like 7-8 months to do everything for this game which is basically no time when you look at games like the new Grand Theft Auto, the force unleashed and halo 3 (just off the top of my head). Those games they worked on for years. I've got a really bad feeling this game is going to be just another crappy "movie" game ala transformers, pirates of the carrabian , the world is not enough, tommorow never dies etc. etc. etc. ....if they have been working on this game since they got the rights from EA, then i apologize just seems like we would have more info if they have been

#17 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:13 PM

it really seems as if they havn't started production on this game which makes me worry because its slated to come out the same time as the movie or slightly before. That would mean they have like 7-8 months to do everything for this game which is basically no time when you look at games like the new Grand Theft Auto, the force unleashed and halo 3 (just off the top of my head). Those games they worked on for years. I've got a really bad feeling this game is going to be just another crappy "movie" game ala transformers, pirates of the carrabian , the world is not enough, tommorow never dies etc. etc. etc. ....if they have been working on this game since they got the rights from EA, then i apologize just seems like we would have more info if they have been

They've been working on the game for a long time now, I can assure you. I know people at Treyarch. Not to say it will turn out great, I don't know, but it's getting a good amount of development time (partially thanks to Bond 22's delay). Development time doesn't necessarily mean something will be a good game either.

#18 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 12:11 AM

The extra development time for the game definitely can't hurt. The graphics on the Wii won't be as pretty as the Xbox 360 or PS3 but I'm curious to see how they make the experience of playing the game on the Wii different than the other two.

#19 arm4life

arm4life

Cadet

• Crew
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:20 PM

well thats good news, i can't wait to start getting some info on this game screenshots, trailer, anything would be nice

#20 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 11:39 PM

well thats good news, i can't wait to start getting some info on this game screenshots, trailer, anything would be nice

I imagine it would be a few months before a trailer is released.

#21 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 12:16 AM

I imagine it would be a few months before a trailer is released.

If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on not seeing or really hearing anything about the game till E3, which is in July. But that's just my guess.

#22 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 12:17 AM

Good guess, K1. E3 would be the perfect time for a big announcement.