8 replies to this topic

#1 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 07 June 2001 - 06:18 PM

This is the text from the back of THE KILLING ZONE. Enjoy!

JAMES BOND 007 IS BACK!
In this new high voltage spy thriller, Secret Agent 007 must "liquidate" ruthless billionaire kingpin Klaus Doberman. But James Bond has his hands full as he battles a lucious lady assassin who offers lethal love Russian style and a slit-eyed Oriental sadist who is a elusive and deadly Ninja. Aided by his sex-galore confederate Lotta Head and his old CIA buddy Felix Leiter, 007 is pitted against Klaus Doberman in his heavily armed fortress high in the Mexican Sierra Madres

#2 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 08 June 2001 - 12:31 AM

I've read that Anya was in it.

But I'm confused. I know that in the script for one of the Bond films. I'm very tierd so I can't even remember which it was. Anyhow, they had a scene with Gogol in bed and he answers the phone, the girl next to him roles over and it's Anya.

I can't remember, but did he do something similair in Killing Zone?

#3 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 07 June 2001 - 06:26 PM

FYI: The "lucious lady assassin who offers lethal love Russian style" is non other than Anya Amosova, Agent Triple-X, from The Spy Who Loved Me!

#4 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 21 August 2001 - 09:48 PM

Blue Eyes (08 Jun, 2001 01:31 a.m.):
But I'm confused. I know that in the script for one of the Bond films. I'm very tierd so I can't even remember which it was. Anyhow, they had a scene with Gogol in bed and he answers the phone, the girl next to him roles over and it's Anya.

I think this might have been a "scene" in the Christopher Wood novelization of MOONRAKER.

#5 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 08 June 2001 - 03:09 AM

I'm going to have to do some research otherwise it will send me mad as well!

#6 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 08 June 2001 - 01:00 AM

Hummm. That sounds very familar, but I can't remember what script that Gogal/Ayna scene was in either. Could it have been the Michael France GoldenEye? Or was in the massive Christopher Wood MOONRAKER script (which has the AcroStar jet from OCTO and the FYEO keel-hauling scene)? Now it's gonna make me crazy.

I don't think Gogal is in Killing Zone at all. At least not that I can remember.

#7 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 10 August 2001 - 12:36 AM

[quote]Blue Eyes (08 Jun, 2001 01:31 a.m.):
I've read that Anya was in it.

But I'm confused. I know that in the script for one of the Bond films. Anyhow, they had a scene with Gogol in bed and he answers the phone, the girl next to him roles over and it's Anya.
quote]

I think that was the spy who loved me

#8 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 10 August 2001 - 01:42 AM

That's when we were first introduced to Anya, but that wasn't it!

#9 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 11 August 2001 - 11:58 AM

I've still got a print-out of the 007Forever article regarding THE KILLING ZONE. Both Gogol and Anya feature in the story and are quite hostile towards 007...they are pretty much enemies in this story, which is amazing considering their past history with Bond.

As far as which movie Anya was going to appear in Gogol's bed I think it was supposed to be MOONRAKER.