68 replies to this topic

#31 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:27 PM

I'm in awe, well done sir, you have taken Fan Fic to a new level.

Can you put the link to the lastest footage please

#32 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:58 PM

We're moving forward slowly... Sorry !

Posted Image

Fantastic poster, Shamelord! B)

#33 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 07:07 PM

By the way, what's the revised release date?

#34 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:34 AM

Nice poster. B)

#35 Shamelord

Shamelord

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 08:18 AM

Thanks a lot for the poster!

Regarding the release date, I'd rather not give any. I don't want to make a promise I won't be able to keep. I was the first to be disappointed when Shamelady's release date was pushed back back again and again. So Shatterhand's release will be when the film is finished - which I know is vague.

Right now I'm in the middle of editing a short but complex double fight between two lovely James Bond girls and the villain's henchmen. The girls are really beautiful and the men really muscular. It should look good but intercrossing the two short fights is not very easy. I'll keep you posted.

#36 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 03:04 PM

Right now I'm in the middle of editing a short but complex double fight between two lovely James Bond girls and the villain's henchmen. The girls are really beautiful and the men really muscular. It should look good but intercrossing the two short fights is not very easy. I'll keep you posted.

Have you tried out some editing tricks already? You know: Speed up footage and clip out frames to make harder punches, cut from one shot to a slightly earlier shot in a not-easily-recognisable position to give the fight a bit more length and exciting quality, etc., etc... B)

I pretty much learned all of those in the process of recutting portions of Shamelady, though I wish there hadn't been a music track laid over the footage already before I cut it; it only made it more difficult for me to keep my new cuts coherent. :tdown:

#37 Shamelord

Shamelord

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 01:45 PM

Speeding up footage is a tool I use constantly. For instance all shots in the Aston Martin chase are sped up to different degrees.

Clipping out frames - I just did that in a version of Shamelady not yet made public. The film's still intact but lost two minutes. It's 54 min long instead of 56. I'll make it available to download but I'd like to redo and better parts of the gunbarrel if possible. The central foot chase between a Mi6 agent and a Descarpes killer has been significantly reduced.

All tricks, all cheats I try to use - sometimes perhaps not enough? Cheating in editing is the part I almost like best. In the new version I reuse a shot at the end, as you suggested, with a different color.

#38 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 03:56 PM

Speeding up footage is a tool I use constantly. For instance all shots in the Aston Martin chase are sped up to different degrees.

Clipping out frames - I just did that in a version of Shamelady not yet made public. The film's still intact but lost two minutes. It's 54 min long instead of 56. I'll make it available to download but I'd like to redo and better parts of the gunbarrel if possible. The central foot chase between a Mi6 agent and a Descarpes killer has been significantly reduced.

All tricks, all cheats I try to use - sometimes perhaps not enough? Cheating in editing is the part I almost like best. In the new version I reuse a shot at the end, as you suggested, with a different color.

Really interesting to hear from you, Eric. :tdown:

The foot-chase I haven't touched; it worked best at full length so as to synchronize it with the track I used (which is, in case you're wondering, "Call Me James" from AVTAK). I also found, to my utter delight, that the Blofeld-lecturing-to-Bond scene synched up perfectly with "Capsule in Space" from YOLT, so, although it was a bit overlong, no cuts were made to it; it flowed wonderfully with the music.

Also, in my recut, Bond doesn't kill Descarpes; Descarpes dies, but by an entirely different hand... B)

#39 Shamelord

Shamelord

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 02:55 PM

How can we have a look at your cut? B)

#40 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 03:16 PM

How can we have a look at your cut? B)

I'll start putting it up on YouTube today; I've broken it into four parts, so as to not stress the uploader.

#41 Shamelord

Shamelord

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:25 AM

Great!

#42 Shamelord

Shamelord

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 05:19 PM

Hi!

As I gave an update on another forum, I thought I might post it here too.

For those who wondered if the film was dead, it is not. In fact, I was working on it five minutes ago. But Shatterhand takes me a lot more time to post-produce. Plus the fact that other projects delayed it a little in 2009.

I now think that Shatterhand will be around the same lenght as Shamelady -- an hour or so. I originally thought it would be 35 minutes long.

No tuxedo in this one -- except for the gunbarrel. The second half of the film is more of a one-man commando affair. Some parts may have a "Raiders of the lost Ark" feel to it.

I have loaded the movie with many Hollywood explosions for the grand finale. That is 80% done. The best of you may recognize a few of them -- but I hope not! I have altered the original images as much as possible.

Editing has progressed : there are now two great fights before the final armaggeddon : one with a strong henchman followed by the one against Dr Shatterhand.

Another fight, Bond vs. three henchmen with katanas, is finished.

Another fight, two Tiger Tanaka female agents against two henchmen, is also finished. It's rather short on screen but it took time and it hopefully looks dynamic.

The start of the movie is also in place : Bond discovers a corpse, a gunfight ensues, followed by a fistfight (That's my scene -- I fight against Bond and die -- that's more than my two-second cameo in the first one!). The future ski chase takes place after these.

80% of the music has been chosen, in some places it has not been edited, as there will be more trims to achieve a final cut. The Dr. No James Bond Theme should be heard in one special scene.

Most special effects involving matte paintings are finished. Most muzzle flashes are done and they are better than in Shamelady.

You will be glad to learn that we have chosen our two songs for the credits. The choice is only one month old. It took time but we had two exceptional Bond-sounding songs in Shamelady and I didn't want anything of lesser quality for the new film.

Two difficult scenes remain to be cut:
- a ski chase. That's the one I'm working on right now
- Bond discovers the Mysterious Garden of Death.
Those two suffer from the same problem: too many shots to chose from.

I will shoot a new gunbarrel with Serge in two weeks. It will be shot in HD then converted to standard format (Shatterhand was shot in DV like Shamelady). This will be done in Geneva, Switzerland in a professional studio.

Many things remain to be done: pick-up shots and inserts, green-screened background actors, special effects, dubbing, mixing -- many things to keep me busy.

#43 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:34 PM

What happened? Wish we'd have heard from you before this, Eric; seemed almost like Shatterhand had disappeared off the face of the Earth... B)

#44 Shamelord

Shamelord

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:54 PM

In one word: life.
Plus the fact that, with the footage in the computer, I'm one man orchestra here.
2009 was the year of two more short films in French from Constellation and a growing lassitude caused by the complexity of doing Shatterhand. I wasn't even so present reading and writing on the forums. I needed to get re-energized. I am now.
In fact, it's been two months since a return to efficient work on the film. So rejoice, Shatterhand is moving forward.

As you can see in the above post a lot of work has been done and lot remains to be done.

Edited by Shamelord, 11 February 2010 - 06:55 PM.

#45 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:34 AM

Life has a funny way of pulling you away from these fun projects. B) Glad to hear things are still moving forward. It sounds very ambitious.

#46 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:08 AM

By thr way, Eric, did you ever get a chance to look at my recut of Shamelady? Here's the links, if you haven't:

#47 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:04 PM

Shamelady was very good. I remember viewing it in 2006/7 and thought it had an excellent 007 feel to it. I liked all those neat "nods" you gave to the original movies.
I'd quite forgotten about Shatterhand. It sounds like its got even more action in it than the last movie, so hopefully this'll be great too.
I have a new laptop now so guess I'll have to download SL again and remind myself how good it was!

#48 Shamelord

Shamelord

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:37 AM

Hey Mr. Blofeld,

I hadn't seen your post. Though you cut a bit too much of narrative in some parts many cuts - mainly in action segments - are fun ! I am sure you had fun making your version of our tribute film.

In fact I am back to the fold to announce that in less than 48 hrs you will be able to see a new trailer for Shatterhand. Voices are not looped as they will be in the final film but English language is certainly understandable enough. I hope you will like it. I'm back to you to post the links as soon as it is online.

Cheers.

Edited by Shamelord, 12 May 2010 - 12:39 AM.

#49 Shamelord

Shamelord

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 08:00 AM

OYE OYE

Here the new ACTION TRAILER for

SHATTERHAND

http://www.constella...?id_article=508

As I just said on the "other" Bond forum, you'll have a slight taste of the Castle of Death. As it is a trailer, you'll have to freeze frame the picture to see it in details!

I hope you will like it. Constructive feedback is welcome as always!

Edited by Shamelord, 12 May 2010 - 08:02 AM.

#50 Shamelord

Shamelord

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:54 PM

"Shatterhand" will be released in 2012. Could be May. Could be October. But it will be 2012.

#51 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:21 PM

Perfectly timed for the 50th anniversary. :)

#52 Shamelord

Shamelord

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:40 PM

5 years or so in the making. I won't miss that milestone. ;)

#53 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:00 AM

Were there a lot of reshoots needed, or just a lot of editing?

#54 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:06 AM

This has been a looooooooooong time coming.................

#55 Shamelord

Shamelord

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:47 PM

I know it's been long. ;)
First there is that English phrase that I love : I probably bit off more than I could chew. Big project. Plenty of locations. Plenty of - rough - visual effects.
Second I did many shorter comedies while working on it. But I never stopped working on it.

Only three re-shoots were needed. And two were one-shot reshoots.
However editing the piece was the longest endeavour. Most notably for a ski chase and Bond's arrival in Shatterhand's Garden of Death.
Visual effects have been taking a lot of time too. Even using explosion stock footage was time consuming because in many cases I blended our locations with an explosion.

As in Shamelady, the music is composed by John Barry. However there one cue orchestrated by David Arnold and aother cue is composed by Amercican composer Sol Kaplan.

It feels like an outdoor picture because of the FRench Riviera and Japanese Garden of Death settings. So it will be a different exeperience than Shamelady.

#56 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:32 PM

You know... could I possibly have a look at the footage, and see if I could help editorially, any? I've got a much better editing system to work with, now... :)

#57 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:01 PM

You know... could I possibly have a look at the footage, and see if I could help editorially, any?

And why would he do that?

#58 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:36 PM

And why would he do that?

Taking that long, I figured he might need a hand...

#59 Shamelord

Shamelord

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:55 PM

Thanks, mate, but your offer arrives after the war has been waged and won. The movie is almost finished now. At least editorially. Only sound remains to be dealt with and I am working on it.
My problem was not equipment. But once it was shot, it took a lot of time for one person - me - to post produce it entirely. ;)

#60 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:49 PM

Well... hope it doesn't take much longer now, then. :)