2 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Twilight

Mr Twilight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 04:11 PM

Was the idea of making 003 1/2 The Adventures of James Bond as a serie of book as the original James Bond or was if it just a one-timer? It seems a bit waste of idea to make a one-timer-spin-off. Now i'm not that big fan of the book, but i'm just curious.

Have some thoughts about the pseudonym (RD Mascott) and make some parallells with the Robert Markham-pseudonym. Was thinking maybe the plan was to have different authors writing the books of 003 1/2 under the same pseudonym. Anyone knows?

#2 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 07:12 PM

Was the idea of making 003 1/2 The Adventures of James Bond as a serie of book as the original James Bond or was if it just a one-timer? It seems a bit waste of idea to make a one-timer-spin-off. Now i'm not that big fan of the book, but i'm just curious.

Have some thoughts about the pseudonym (RD Mascott) and make some parallells with the Robert Markham-pseudonym. Was thinking maybe the plan was to have different authors writing the books of 003 1/2 under the same pseudonym. Anyone knows?

Pretty sure they wanted a series here. I always kind of thought they were gunning for the Hardy Boys crowd.

#3 Donovan Mayne-Nicholls

Donovan Mayne-Nicholls

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 381 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 02:21 AM

Pretty sure they wanted a series here. I always kind of thought they were gunning for the Hardy Boys crowd.

I get the feeling the book was suggested by Saltzman. After all, it's the only other Glidrose property to have bought by Eon ever and at the time it was reported briefly HS wanted to make it into a TV cartoon.