7 replies to this topic

#1 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 16 July 2001 - 03:24 PM

I just read an interview that Raymond Benson gave to GOLDENEYE magazine in 1997 following the release of ZERO MINUS TEN. In the interview there was a pic of the ZMT cover with a caption that read, "

#2 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 18 July 2001 - 02:36 PM

You could be right, Nexus. Actually, Benson didn't even say it -- it was just text in a picture caption. However, this could be a good question to ask him at the weekends Bond gathering in Chicago.

#3 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 16 July 2001 - 03:58 PM

The internet did feature in THE FACTS OF DEATH. That's what Benson was talking about actually. If I remember, clues on the internet helped 007 to track the Decada to the island of Chios, or something like that.

#4 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 19 July 2001 - 05:18 AM

Be sure to ask him in Chicago Zencat, I'd love to hear the answer! And if you're up to it ask him if he'd ever consider using the internet heavily in a novel.

Could lead to a very interesting article!

#5 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 16 July 2001 - 04:15 PM

Oh! I'm just re-reading The Facts of Death now and I haven't run across it yet. It's the sperm bank shipments that lead Bond to Greece... But that's as far as I've gotten so maybe the Internet stuff is still to come.

#6 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 17 July 2001 - 01:56 AM

Did Facts Of Death 'explore' the Internet? I don't think it really did. Explore seems to indicate a heavy involvment. So perhaps it is still to come?

Maybe it's a rejected plot synopsis.

#7 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 18 July 2001 - 12:19 PM

zencat (16 Jul, 2001 05:15 p.m.):
Oh! I'm just re-reading The Facts of Death now and I haven't run across it yet. It's the sperm bank shipments that lead Bond to Greece... But that's as far as I've gotten so maybe the Internet stuff is still to come.

Keep reading the novel zencat...the internet does feature...I think Nikki Mirakos logs on the net to help 007 with an important line of enquiry. When Benson stated he was going to 'explore' the internet, he used the wrong word...he exaggerated a bit. I don't think there's anything in it quite frankly.

#8 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 17 July 2001 - 02:09 AM

I read one Benson interview and he stated that none of his plots have been rejected yet, so that may be in a future book or short story.