SPOILERS = Changes you've seen from script to screen

61 replies to this topic

#61 ralawar

ralawar

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 12:00 PM

I don't think this has been mentioned, but I noticed something left out of CR that didn't happen but would have been helpful in understanding the story.

In the script, during the elevator scene before the elevator falls, there was this:

...She forces something into his hand -- the necklace.

Vesper: If you see him--

Bond yanks at the accordion door, it won't open.

Bond: Pull on it!

Vesper: If you see him...tell him I'm sorry. But I fell in love.

Bond: ...Who??

The cable snaps and the cage plunges two stories and sinks.

This seemed like something significant that they could have included into the movie. It supports the foreshadowing that Bond is going to meet with Vesper's ex-boyfriend and that the fact that the necklace is indeed is tied to that specific ex-boyfriend, as well as supporting the fact that she really was in love with Bond and what she thought about her ex-boyfriend near her end. I'm sure most people figured out that stuff but it helps clarify what's going on in Vesper's head and makes the necklace more significant.

Plus, I thought it would have been pretty cool to see. :cooltongue:

Edited by ralawar, 26 March 2007 - 12:03 PM.

#62 cricket99999

cricket99999

Cadet

• Crew
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 12:06 AM

I don't think this has been mentioned, but I noticed something left out of CR that didn't happen but would have been helpful in understanding the story.

In the script, during the elevator scene before the elevator falls, there was this:

...She forces something into his hand -- the necklace.

Vesper: If you see him--

Bond yanks at the accordion door, it won't open.

Bond: Pull on it!

Vesper: If you see him...tell him I'm sorry. But I fell in love.

Bond: ...Who??

The cable snaps and the cage plunges two stories and sinks.

This seemed like something significant that they could have included into the movie. It supports the foreshadowing that Bond is going to meet with Vesper's ex-boyfriend and that the fact that the necklace is indeed is tied to that specific ex-boyfriend, as well as supporting the fact that she really was in love with Bond and what she thought about her ex-boyfriend near her end. I'm sure most people figured out that stuff but it helps clarify what's going on in Vesper's head and makes the necklace more significant.

Plus, I thought it would have been pretty cool to see. :cooltongue:

I agree; would have been perfect. Wonder why they ditched this?

How does one get their hands on a script, to see what changes were made???

Thanks,

C