6 replies to this topic

#1 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 19 June 2002 - 09:19 PM

ABC will air The Spy Who Loved Me for a surprise installment of The Bond Picture Show. Roger Moore's third outing as James Bond will air at 8/7 central.

No word from ABC when or if other Bond missions will air on the network before they give up the rights to broadcast.

#2 Mourning Becomes Electra

Mourning Becomes Electra

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 19 June 2002 - 09:33 PM

They showed Goldfinger on Monday which I just happened to catch without seeing any commericals for, and Moonraker on Monday a couple of weeks ago. I think ABC has had so many shows flop and be cancelled that they're now moving the Bonds around to different days to fill slots and use up the airings before they lose the rights. Not only are they no longer showing them in order but strangely they don't seem to be advertising them. No wonder they're a last place network.

MBE

#3 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 19 June 2002 - 11:03 PM

Goldfinger on Monday and From Russia With Love last Saturday were shown because the Stanley Cup Finals went only five games, so they needed to fill the holes left by the not having the last two games of the playoff series. If the Red Wings would have swept as expected, I'm sure we'd have seen Dr. No. :)

#4 Mourning Becomes Electra

Mourning Becomes Electra

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 19 June 2002 - 11:11 PM

Ahhhh, well that actually makes sense, but I'm now ticked because I missed FRWL on Saturday (yeah I own it but it's not the same). At least this time around we don't get any of those annoying hosts. Of course we just get more commericials for their shows and they're still cutting the films for time which is ludicrous. Once again "gold paint" was cut and the only reason for such a cut would have to be time, but to cut 2 seconds in a movie that runs under 2 hours in a 3 hour slot, is mind boggling.

MBE

#5 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 20 June 2002 - 04:10 AM

Perhaps they'll show On Her Majesty’s Secret Service? Or is that too much to hope for?

ABC EXECUTIVE: What? Ten beautiful women in this 'un? Cut! I don't care if they're wearing winter coats!

#6 Hardyboy

Hardyboy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 472 posts

Posted 20 June 2002 - 05:27 AM

My TV Guide has a note on last Saturday's listings explaining that if there is no Stanley Cup game ABC would show OHMSS. Needless to say, I was surprised that FRWL was on instead. Poor OHMSS--it just can't get any respect.

#7 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 21 June 2002 - 05:10 AM

Maybe instead of the Stanley Cup game, they should show the scene in For Your Eyes Only where Bond disposes of three thugs in a hattrick! I think Moore beat Billy Mosienko's record of 21 seconds!:)