This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

What Bond movie do you feel like watching?

2950 replies to this topic

#2911 Orion

Orion

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1579 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:44 PM

Live and Let Die. RIP Sir Roger Moore

#2912 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:53 PM

I may watch all seven of Moore's films over the next few weeks. I haven't seen some of them in a while, and now is a good time.

#2913 Professor Pi

Professor Pi

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1430 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:14 PM

A double double for the master of the double-entendre:

The Spy Who Loved Me with For Your Eyes Only

Moonraker with Octopussy

#2914 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:17 PM

Watched Octopussy last night as the first in my Roger marathon.. I think Moonraker will be next.

#2915 PrinceKamalKhan

PrinceKamalKhan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11139 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:51 AM

TMWTGG to honor the memories of both Sir Rog and Clifton James, RIP.

#2916 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:02 AM

Did Moonraker last night, now it's time for Live And Let Die..

#2917 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 01:13 AM

‪Gonna do a double feature tonight..A View To A Kill and The Man With The Golden Gun..

#2918 mattjoes

mattjoes

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 243 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:39 AM

Octopussy, my favorite Moore Bond, which I started watching today. Terrific scene that of 009 running from the twins. I'll continue with Moonraker and AVTAK, since LALD and TMWTGG I watched recently. I'm gonna save TSWLM and FYEO for later, in case they also come to my city.

As an aside, I've gotten in the habit of watching films in parts... I guess it's bad to stop and start, but I can savor each part better.

Edited by mattjoes, 27 May 2017 - 03:39 AM.

#2919 Orion

Orion

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1579 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 05:30 PM

The Man With The Golden Gun. Going through all of Rogers. Having not seen them in a while, I am amazed at just how good Roger Moore is in all of them.

#2920 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 03:04 AM

Gonna put on For Your Eyes Only..

#2921 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 10:12 PM

Time to finish my Roger tribute with The Spy Who Loved Me..

#2922 MISALA1994

MISALA1994

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:13 PM

One of the Sir Roger's...

Edited by MISALA1994, 31 May 2017 - 04:14 PM.

#2923 mattjoes

mattjoes

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 243 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 06:33 AM

So I finished watching Octopussy, utterly enjoyed it and discovered some little details I hadn't noticed before. For the Bonds, A View to a Kill is up next, but before it, I'm gonna take a detour in the Moore filmography, and watch Bullseye!

#2924 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:50 PM

So I finished watching Octopussy, utterly enjoyed it and discovered some little details I hadn't noticed before. For the Bonds, A View to a Kill is up next, but before it, I'm gonna take a detour in the Moore filmography, and watch Bullseye!

Which details did you discover that you hadn't noticed before? I'm interested to read your thoughts. I often show my kids the last 45 minutes of the movie so I know it probably better than the others.

-

#2925 mattjoes

mattjoes

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 243 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:38 AM

Well, for one, I realized Kamal Khan's car licence plate can be seen when he arrives to pick up Magda from the hotel room, and appropriately, it reads KAM-1. Also, I remembered Bond reacting to the sight of Magda taking off her stockings, but I hadn't noticed his subtle eyebrow raise. After all these years, I'd never realized Bond waves Khan goodbye from the boat after escaping through the jungle. Got a kick out of that Moore-ism! And I finally managed to see the button Bond presses to open the hidden exit of the Monsoon palace.

In the plot department, I must say it's not quite clear to me why Orlov destroys the Fabergé egg in the Monsoon palace. The fake egg gets stolen when being taken to Orlov through the circus, so he asks Khan for the real egg back for the deposit inventory. He then visits Khan, presumably to pick up the egg in time --along with the new fakes made by Khan--, as well as to check in on the forgery operation and discuss the plan with the bomb. But instead of assuming Khan is showing him the real egg --after all, he asked him to recover it--, Orlov thinks it's a fake and breaks it, wanting to avoid putting the real egg on the market after the trouble they had with it. The best explanation for that I can come up with would be that Orlov thought the real egg was placed in the cannister along with the other fake jewelry, to be taken back to Russia, and he assumed Khan had made another forgery... but why would Orlov even think that? It's a little iffy, although in the large scheme of things, it's a minor detail, and I think the rest of the plot holds together very well.

Also, I still don't quite understand how they move the train cars around when taking the car with the bomb to the main track. Visually, I found it a bit confusing. What they're doing is clear, but the position of the cars and the direction in which they move is not.

Anyway, do show your children the first half of the movie; it's quite terrific! :D I may just watch some of the scenes in Octopussy's palace once again, just to further appreciate Peter Lamont's set design.

#2926 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:03 AM

Well, for one, I realized Kamal Khan's car licence plate can be seen when he arrives to pick up Magda from the hotel room, and appropriately, it reads KAM-1. Also, I remembered Bond reacting to the sight of Magda taking off her stockings, but I hadn't noticed his subtle eyebrow raise. After all these years, I'd never realized Bond waves Khan goodbye from the boat after escaping through the jungle. Got a kick out of that Moore-ism! And I finally managed to see the button Bond presses to open the hidden exit of the Monsoon palace.

In the plot department, I must say it's not quite clear to me why Orlov destroys the Fabergé egg in the Monsoon palace. The fake egg gets stolen when being taken to Orlov through the circus, so he asks Khan for the real egg back for the deposit inventory. He then visits Khan, presumably to pick up the egg in time --along with the new fakes made by Khan--, as well as to check in on the forgery operation and discuss the plan with the bomb. But instead of assuming Khan is showing him the real egg --after all, he asked him to recover it--, Orlov thinks it's a fake and breaks it, wanting to avoid putting the real egg on the market after the trouble they had with it. The best explanation for that I can come up with would be that Orlov thought the real egg was placed in the cannister along with the other fake jewelry, to be taken back to Russia, and he assumed Khan had made another forgery... but why would Orlov even think that? It's a little iffy, although in the large scheme of things, it's a minor detail, and I think the rest of the plot holds together very well.

Also, I still don't quite understand how they move the train cars around when taking the car with the bomb to the main track. Visually, I found it a bit confusing. What they're doing is clear, but the position of the cars and the direction in which they move is not.

Anyway, do show your children the first half of the movie; it's quite terrific! :D I may just watch some of the scenes in Octopussy's palace once again, just to further appreciate Peter Lamont's set design.

I don't show them the first half due to the "sex" scenes and scary clown chase.

However I have shown them the PTS and the Tuk Tuk chase.

#2927 PrinceKamalKhan

PrinceKamalKhan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11139 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 02:36 AM

I feel like a double feature of YOLT and TLD to honor their anniversaries(50th for the 1967 Bond film, 30th for the 1987 one).

#2928 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 01:16 AM

Just getting ready to put on You Only Live Twice myself, Prince in honor of it's 50th anniversary..

#2929 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:42 AM

Just finished watching Dr. No..

#2930 Tiin007

Tiin007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1696 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:49 AM

The other thread has got me in the mood for MR. Hopefully I'll get around to it at some point in the next few weeks. 

#2931 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:39 AM

Same here - MOONRAKER is definitely the film (for me) to return to and make me feel great again.

#2932 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:59 PM

Gonna be watching From Russia With Love this afternoon..

#2933 Yellow Pinky

Yellow Pinky

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 338 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:47 PM

I dislocated a rib yesterday and had to take it easy on the couch (and will be for a few more days).  Watched "Live and Let Die" yesterday and had a total blast!  I originally saw it twice in a row on opening weekend with 2 friends at the Saturday matinee.

#2934 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 05:11 AM

I dislocated a rib yesterday and had to take it easy on the couch (and will be for a few more days).  Watched "Live and Let Die" yesterday and had a total blast!  I originally saw it twice in a row on opening weekend with 2 friends at the Saturday matinee.

A good one to pick to cheer you up!

_

#2935 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 05:13 PM

(Hope you get better quickly Yellow Pinky! Indeed, if one has to be laid up on the couch, a Bond film is just the ticket!)

Anyways, I'm putting on The Living Daylights tonight in honor of it being exactly 30 years since it was officially released..

#2936 Yellow Pinky

Yellow Pinky

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 338 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 07:09 PM

(Hope you get better quickly Yellow Pinky! Indeed, if one has to be laid up on the couch, a Bond film is just the ticket!)

Thanks, Mate!  Time and rest are the order of the day until this mends!  I think I'll watch The Living Daylights myself now. Thanks for the suggestion!

Edited by Yellow Pinky, 27 June 2017 - 07:11 PM.

#2937 007luvchild2

007luvchild2

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 12:13 AM

For your eyes only

Edited by 007luvchild2, 01 July 2017 - 12:15 AM.

#2938 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:22 PM

I'll be putting on Goldfinger this afternoon..

#2939 AngusMcLean

AngusMcLean

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:19 AM

I was laid up a few days with illness last week, and took the opportunity for some Bond time.

Day 1 was a spontaneous Octopussy flashback which was great, classic Roger with so many one liners and all the right elements. Day 2 was Skyfall and Day 3 Spectre. Totally different to Roger's era but both great flicks as well. Certainly made a slow few days that much more enjoyable! I think I need to revisit Sean. Maybe Goldfinger and Thuderball.

I'm starting to feel a bit snuffly....

#2940 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:47 PM

Hope for a not too speedy recovery then... ;)