This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Announcing "Heaven Isn't Too Far Away", a full length 007 novel.

6 replies to this topic

#1 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 13 April 2002 - 09:43 PM

"Heaven Isn't Too Far Away"

The novel will be serialised as chapters and released on MI6 through the coming weeks.

Heaven is never too far away for a spy, and James Bond accepts that. But that did not stop 007 from eliminating the Rocher terrorist cell, the same cell responsible for the death of his best friend, Allan Hightower. Or did he?

The sudden re-emergence of Rocher's cell puts Allan's daughter, Amanda, into jeopardy and Bond is determined to keep Heaven away from Amanda Hightower for a long while longer.

But this is no easy assignment for 007. A jealous colleague makes it appear that Bond is deliberately keeping Amanda hidden for far more insidious reasons than mere protection, and Amanda Hightower herself is in no rush for a reunion with the only man she has ever loved.

Bond finds himself fighting a terrorist cell, a beautiful woman, and even MI6, all the while fending off the most deadly enemy of all for a spy.

For James Bond, Heaven Isn't Too Far Away.

Mister Asterix has also leant his hand to the project, coming up with this excellent cover:

#2 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 15 April 2002 - 02:38 PM

I've been so busy lately I've only read part 1 but Barbara has done a masterful job thus far. It's shaping up to be a great piece of work. BTW...Mr *'s cover is great. Just love that Richard Chopping style !.

#3 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 18 April 2002 - 01:08 PM

[quote]RossMan (17 Apr, 2002 11:56 p.m.):
[quote]Blofeld's Cat (17 Apr, 2002 01:30 a.m.):
Not wishing to get too theological (I'm an agnostic myself), it's interesting that Bond, having a violent profession, would go to heaven because he is on the "good side".
[/quote]

Hell Isn't Too Far Away, that sounds good as well, that sounds like it would've been the Fleming version of the title.[/quote
That sounds like a great title. This notion of Hell instead of Heaven does make more sense. After all...for 007 Hell is always close at hand.

#4 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 14 April 2002 - 02:36 AM

Classic looking cover, like the Fleming/early Gardner books. (Richard Chopping I think?)

Hopefully I'll get to start reading some of the story tomorrow, sounds interesting enough.

#5 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 25 April 2002 - 09:12 PM

There's a good resaon it's called "Heaven Isn't Too Far Away", but you'll just have to read to find out :-P

MI6 has just published the next two chapters on Xen's novel.

#6 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 17 April 2002 - 12:30 AM

Not wishing to get too theological (I'm an agnostic myself), it's interesting that Bond, having a violent profession, would go to heaven because he is on the "good side".

It's probably a good bebate for people more religious than I. I'm not really fussed either way Just thought it was a good point to raise.

#7 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 17 April 2002 - 10:56 PM

Blofeld's Cat (17 Apr, 2002 01:30 a.m.):

Hell Isn't Too Far Away, that sounds good as well, that sounds like it would've been the Fleming version of the title.