12 replies to this topic

#1 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 12 April 2002 - 05:10 AM

After registering here, which I felt was a bit redundant, as I'm registered on CB.Net, but I suppose they are two different sites in a way. Anywys, I've had an idea for a Bond fan script for a long while, I have details, but nothing concrete, but I thought I'd share them with you guys :)

Title: A Breath Before Dying...was actually The World is Not Enough, but I changed it when they named Bond 19 that.

Plot: After 008 goes rogue, MI-6 sends Bond to eliminate him. Like all Bond adventures, this leads Bond into a much bigger plot, and up against a much bigger adversary.

Thats all I'm gonna give for now :) Tell me if thats a movie you'd like to see. And yes, I do have more ideas for it, but I'm gona wait till they are more ironed out to reveal them here.

#2 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 14 April 2002 - 06:14 AM

I have my plot, its not to original, but here it is:

Plot: The Villiain has payed off 008 for information from MI6. It seems that the President, Prime Minister of England, and a bunch of other world leaders are going to meet in an undisclosed location to discuss the current state of the world..etc. etc. The Villains plan? Kill every world leader of course, so he can take over the world as its new Dictator.

A bit over the top maybe, but I think I can make it work. The only reason I call him "The Villain" is cause I dont have a name yet.

#3 AgentM

AgentM

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 15 April 2002 - 12:38 AM

Sounds like a great idea, but seems a little reminiscent to:

A) Agent Under Fire
:) That one Gardner novel (I forget the name)
C) Elliot Carver in TND (thinking he can kill a leader(s) and take over the world.

The story sounds good, I REALLY like the idea of 008 being 'paid off', you can go into a whole bunch of stuff regarding the stability and loyalty of 00-operatives, so then Bond's character can be tested as well. My recommendation: Have a lot of good action scenes and make that undisclosed location actually a really EXOTIC and AWESOME place for a meeting to be held.

#4 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 13 April 2002 - 07:55 PM

Love the title by the way. It's mysterious and almost Flemingish.

#5 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 13 April 2002 - 02:08 AM

I thought about that too, but you see, 008 isnt the vilian, or even the henchman. 008 is just the "in," a way to get Bond involved in the bigger plot. People always say they love how most Bond movies are Bond working a small case that turns into something much bigger, this will be another such case.

#6 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 16 April 2002 - 12:52 AM

AgentM (15 Apr, 2002 10:05 p.m.):
MI5/SAS unit assigned to the mission that finds 007 and 001 in command of the procedures, but then events occur which reveals 001 to be traitorous and the action ensues. Just a thought.

Thats pretty much how it is. Except 007 is only there because 001 requested him.

#7 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 12 April 2002 - 10:22 PM

My only gripe is that the rogue Double-0 bit will seem to similiar to 006 in Goldeneye.

#8 AgentM

AgentM

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 15 April 2002 - 09:05 PM

Sounds like a good pretitle, but (stop me if I'm criticizing too much, it's just kind of my nature) there's just one thing. I tried writing a fic with a pretitle kind of similar to this one, but it all the 00 operatives storming a harboured oil tanker searching for a bomb (a la Delta Force/Rainbow Six style). Then I realized that the 00 section is made up of SPIES and ASSASSINS (or at least that seems to be their job). I have no probelm with sequences like the opening of GE, where it is a couple of agents on a covert missions. But when it turns into assaults and firefights, I begin to wonder if it is really a job for the 00s. What COULD work would be having an MI5/SAS unit assigned to the mission that finds 007 and 001 in command of the procedures, but then events occur which reveals 001 to be traitorous and the action ensues. Just a thought.

#9 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 15 April 2002 - 06:29 PM

Ok, I have the pretitle sequence thought out. No specific details, but a summary.

MI6 has been tipped off by a unknown source that the meeting of world leaders in two months is targeted by a unknown orginization. The source goes onto reveal one of the homes of a member of the orginaztion.

M sends a team of agents, headed by 001 and including 007 (who was pulled off a assignment to be in the team). Under the cover of night, the team gets into the house quietly and retrieves the files of the member. Then 001 steals the files, sets off an alarm, and books it out of there. Bond and the team are left to fend for themselves in a huge fire fight.

007 manages to escape with his life(the only one). He comandeers a parked sports car and is pursued by 3 enemy cars. After some fancy driving he cant shake them.

So he drives the car off a bridge and makes his escape underwater. After the enemies give up, Bond surfaces near small rowboat with a girl all alone. Cut to titles:

Its a starting point, and it does set up the story, and I think its pretty decent. I'd love to hear honest opinions on it.

#10 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 15 April 2002 - 06:02 AM

My suggestion is to Change 008 to 001 or something. 008 has been done to death already. (And not 005, he's taken :) lol )

#11 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 13 April 2002 - 07:54 PM

JimmyBond (13 Apr, 2002 03:08 a.m.):
I thought about that too, but you see, 008 isnt the vilian, or even the henchman. 008 is just the "in," a way to get Bond involved in the bigger plot. People always say they love how most Bond movies are Bond working a small case that turns into something much bigger, this will be another such case.

Ah, glad to hear that, you have me intrigued me now. Hope to read some soon.

#12 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 15 April 2002 - 04:58 AM

Well, Carver just wanted exlusive broadcasting rights in China for the next 1000 years. I dont think any on villian has wanted complete world domination.

#13 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 15 April 2002 - 09:50 PM

AgentM (15 Apr, 2002 01:38 a.m.):
Sounds like a great idea, but seems a little reminiscent to:
:) That one Gardner novel (I forget the name)

Win, Loose, or Die- the terrorist organization BAST hijacks an aircraft carrier where a secret meeting with Bush, Thatcher, and Gorbachev is taking place and hold them for ranson. Sorry not meaning to nitpick.

It can still work, espcially as this is a screenplay, Eon's been taking little things from the Gardner books to use.