Photo

My alternate plot for TND

18 replies to this topic

#1 007

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 April 2002 - 10:27 PM

well here is a story by me, only the first of several parts, I hope that you like it

Invincible

Chapter I
The Beginning

No longer than an eternity ago there lived a vast empire that ruled over the land. There was peace and prosperity through out the land. Through eons of peace the army of the empire has gotten weak, there was no defense from the horror that the empire was about to embrace. Then on the eve of the empire

#2 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 03 May 2002 - 11:41 AM

Well, I must say this is ambitious to say the least for a 007 fan fic :). Speaking from a general writing POV the bit about sending parts of the emperor's body to the 4 corners of the universe is very interesting. I like that.

#3 007

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 May 2002 - 04:43 PM

would you like to read more? I have alot more to post if you want to read ir

#4 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 02 June 2002 - 03:17 AM

Sounds good, but where does Bond come in?

#5 Major_boothroyd

Major_boothroyd

Cadet

• Crew
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 May 2002 - 02:55 PM

I thought I'd open this discussion.

Here's the idea: we all put forward things we'd like to see in the next movie ( ie Bond girl names, gadgets, villains, plots, locations etc ) and then hammer out a movie from these details ...

What would anyone like to see ?

I think Vancouver, BC, would be a good location.

#6 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 02 May 2002 - 04:37 PM

Sorry, Double Post.

#7 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 02 May 2002 - 04:37 PM

Sounds promising. :)

Would anyone like to bring back a former Bond girl? (similar to Paris in TND)?

And how about Switzerland as a secondary location?

These are just my idea's of course. But let me know what you all think. Great idea MB

#8 piotr007

piotr007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 May 2002 - 09:35 PM

I want Bond visit an exotic location, like Bali island or sth. But it would probably work better in a novella, not in a film.

Anyone thought about sending Bond high up in the mountains? Himalayas? Yeah, Benson did, but it's still fresh and good idea, isn't it?

I have great sentiment for Paris, therefore would like to see Bond operating here. Maybe for most of the film? Actually, in my short story "INTERNATIONAL HARMS DEALER" (currently in pre-production) there will be something to do with Paris.

Other locations:
Barcelona, Spain
South of France
Norway, Finland, Scandinavia's a good place for car chase...

We also need a good Bond girl. I really like Benson's idea of someone like Irene Jacob.

#9 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 03 May 2002 - 11:32 AM

I would like to see 007 go to WAR. I can't recall any Bond author sending him into war. After all isn't that what spies do ? Well, most spies except Bond who seems to always avoid it. The literary 007 was involved in a small way in past conflicts, but not in a major way. Not yet...

#10 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 04 May 2002 - 12:50 AM

That's a bloody good Idea!

#11 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 02 June 2002 - 03:12 AM

Major_boothroyd (02 May, 2002 03:55 p.m.):

I think Vancouver, BC, would be a good location.

Yeah! That place is awesome. The mountains, the sea...y'know Bond could eat at a 'floating restaurant'.

Also since he's in Canada, he could pass through Winnipeg, Manitoba, and make some disparaging remark. If this was ever in, say, a Benson book, I'd love to write the remark! I wonder what the mayor will think? ;d

#12 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 02 June 2002 - 03:09 AM

Pity there're no wars on at the moment...want to start one? :)

Well, there's the 'War on Terror(ism?)', but that's not really much of a war, in my opinion and I can't see Bond doing anything in Afghanistan because all the women wear clothes! ;p

How about taking Bond back to WWII like in Pearson's biography but not so extravagant and silly?

#13 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 23 May 2002 - 04:46 AM

This era seems to be the one plagued by 'the little things' like too much action, modern (crappy) music, and too much 'drama'.

Anyway, I mentioned my alternate plot for Tomorrow Never Dies on CB.n forums. No one seemed to care, so I'll just post it anyway :) :

The story takes place in the months before the handover of Hong Kong to the Chinese. Carver's satelittes astray HMS Devonshire as per usual, but Carver doesn't have a stealth ship. Instead, he uses the encoder to signal the Chinese MiGs to fire on the Devonshire. General Chang will be Air Marshal Chang and he'll imprison the survivors.

CNN will embellish the story to fit them and sell a hell of a lot of papers. The prisoner crisis will be the tension throughout the film, a la the US spy aeroplane in China. Station Hong Kong's agents find Chang and Carver meeting. Suspicions are raised and James Bond is sent to investigate (obviously).

Following on Zencat's wonderful idea of Sylvia Carver :) , Bond meets her at the satellite-launching party in Hong Kong. She and Bond infuriate Carver and he has Bond kicked out. Bond gets back in and cuts the power. He gets back to his hotel and finds Sylvia, et cetera.

Rather than breaking into the printing press. Bond plans their escape from Hong Kong. Meanwhile, an MI6 spy ring is unveiled with a plot to assassinate some Chinese bigwig (the Chairman?). This sends MI6 into turmoil and Bond is supposed to keep still because they don't need another incident.

Bond and Sylvia cannot keep still, though, because Carver's men attempt an assassination on Sylvia. The pressure's on. Bond feigns double-agentry to the Chinese so he can leave to, say, the Philippines. The Chinese agent assigned to his defection? Wai Lin of course. She's one of the 'good' communists, and meets him at the aeroport. However, one of her superiors is Chang, this in turn alerts Carver and their aeroplane is diverted off course--by satellite--to the South China Sea.

Carver's sea-plane finds them and after a fight between Carver and Sylvia, he kills her (in an original fashion, shall we say: sharks?). Bond and Wai Lin are taken in to be interrogated by the Chinese, who are very eager to find out what this Limey can tell them about the British attacks: there's just been a draught of some attack orders to British U boats intercepted by the Chinese.

Of course Carver tells all: his printing presses have been working doubly hard to print these false documents and his satellites have been straying British and Chinese military forces. He plans to have the Chinese force the British out of Hong Kong to please Chang, and more importantly make billions for CNN.

Bond and Wai Lin are delivered in a prison close to the CNN building, which is in Hong Kong. After Wai Lin discovers Chang is on the wrong side and she's not going to get help from her own people, she agrees to help Bond stop Carver from 'helping' Britain and China declare war.

They escape in disguise or some other original fashion, and make their way into Hong Kong. The Royal Hong Kong police won't be letting any commies in, though, so a chase ensues (with an idiotic police captain, naturally). They get into CNN's printing press and call Station HK, telling them that Carver's been playing both sides for fools.

The rest plays out in the same way as the stealth-boat scenes mixed with the Hamburg printing press scenes and the Petronas Tower scenes from the first screenplay. Carver is defeated by getting crushed under paper, and the police burst in to save the day (or night, rather, because it's better to have the climax at night).

And of course Wai Lin and Bond stay undercover somewhere while the police look for them.

Obviously it needs some work, but is it a bunch of bunk? Or a better than the original?

#14 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 25 May 2002 - 12:23 AM

Very, very good. I think it's very well done (even though I have always stuck up for TND in the past). This alternate plotline shares many accidental similarities my "Twilight of Danger" screenplay (currently in production and set for a Christmas 2002 "release" date). Shows you how original Bond is! (I love Bond to death, but I think we all know that there hasn't been a truly original film since Connery's reign).

~Harmsway

#15 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 23 May 2002 - 06:57 AM

Sounds great! And I can't see why you've never posted it before.

It's definetely an alternative the film. And I can easily substitute the actual TND story for the parts changed in your plot.

However, I do love TND the way it is! Although I can see this plot working...

Great work Koskov! :)

#16 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 02 June 2002 - 01:20 AM

Thanks for the positive feedback! :) The reason I never posted it before is because I only had a few minor ideas bumbing around in my head and it was only some discussion on CB.n forums that made me think more of it. Sometime soon, I'll try to refine it a bit.

#17 kameleon

kameleon

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 April 2002 - 02:00 PM

I working on the Bond script.
I don't have a title yet.
I work together wit Cleopatra.
Locations: Japan, England, RPA, Saudi Arabia and Ireland.

#18 piotr007

piotr007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 April 2002 - 07:36 PM

I'm intrested, tell me more.

#19 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 02 June 2002 - 03:27 AM

Forgive my ignorance/lasiness, but what is RPA?