18 replies to this topic

#1 AgentM

AgentM

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 May 2002 - 01:21 AM

I have finally started work on my ONLY TIME WILL KILL script, one I hope to have finished by the end of the summer (school is definitely a hassle right now). I think, personally, that I have worked out a pretty good story that could be made into a good Bond movie some day. But, probably everyone thinks that about their fanfic. I have tried a few before but this one I think is truly going to be a good one

Brosnan said he wanted a Bond film to be set in Ireland, so I'm sort of honouring his wish. ONLY TIME WILL KILL is about Bond's struggle to apprehend an IRA fugitive who has continually slipped through the fingers of the British government for more than a decade (hence the title). This leads to a true spy story coupled with an exciting Motocross chase midway through the script that climaxes back in London England, where the IRA terrorist (still unnamed) threatens to destroy the London way of life with a vicious weapon acquired years earlier.

My TWO PROBLEMS:
i) Pretitles: I am having trouble finding a location. I need a spot with a sort of run-down residential area with fairly tall buildings on a hill beside a large body of water. I have considered the Panama Canal and the Albanian Coast.

ii) VILLAIN: I can't think of a name that has an Irish quality to it (but that's not blatantly Irish) that also speaks 'Bond Villain'.

Any suggestions or thoughts would be much appreciated.

Good night from Canada.

#2 AgentM

AgentM

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 19 May 2002 - 12:51 PM

I have only read the treatment for Shatterhand. Does the actual city feature in it as a major location, or just Northern Quebec where they find that mummmy thing. Quebec features only briefly in my pretitles sequence, and really has no major influence on the rest of the story except that the 'villain' thought it would be an ideal spot (ie Canada's crappy security) to carry out a shady deal...

#3 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 12 May 2002 - 07:14 AM

Jacques Nexus (09 May, 2002 09:51 a.m.):
BOND GIRL: "Fanny O'Hare" (now that's a bit rude :))

Steady boy! *whip* ok sorry bout that, lol.

Anyway, I got the Idea from thinking about...death. Grim Reaper, then I chucked in an Irish male name starting with G. GOod luck with it all!

#4 AgentM

AgentM

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 09 May 2002 - 10:31 PM

Right...straight out of my list at home under Irish the best I can suggest is:
VILLAIN: ".....Blood-Ryan"

WHERE did you come up with that name? Sounds a little like it's from Patriot Games...

#5 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 17 May 2002 - 06:54 AM

Isnt Quebec in Zencats Shatterhand?

#6 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 07 May 2002 - 06:46 AM

OMG, I must say when I saw this post I started to giggle! (No offence, I explain why) OTWK Is probably the most famous fan-title ever. I have heard this title so many times, (when I was looking for titles for my fan-fic) from friends, family and BC :) And I have seen a Bond fan-fic with that name (or some bond releated story, Im searching for it)

As for a villian name...Gregory Reaper?

#7 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 07 May 2002 - 08:34 PM

Andy Lucas would be the man to talk to...he lives in Ireland, and I bet he could think some up...

#8 AgentM

AgentM

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 May 2002 - 01:03 AM

Yes, I know the title is redundant. But that is the BEAUTY of it. It has been used SO many times by SO many people, yet I have never read one full script/novel fanfic that was actually complete or worthy of this awesomely respected title. I hope to change that. What's Michael G. Wilson's address? :)

Gregory Reaper, eh? Sounds kinda cool, but not Irishy. Initials are G. Reaper. Hmm. I'm sure I could think up a clever one-liner to go with that....

#9 AgentM

AgentM

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 May 2002 - 01:10 AM

"Time and Death catch us all, 007. I'm just bringing it a little bit faster..." -G. Reaper

"Sounds like a grim fate, coming from a Reaper." - James Bond

Wow. Replying to my own post.

#10 Andy

Andy

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 May 2002 - 03:52 PM

Couldn't help noticing Dave mention me :)
I live in N.Ireland... But I'm sure I could think up a good Irish but Bond Villian name, Just give me a while-
I should able to come up with something soon.

Cheers,

#11 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 08 May 2002 - 06:50 PM

Trevelyan (07 May, 2002 07:46 a.m.):(edited)
OMG, I must say when I saw this post I started to giggle! (No offence, I explain why) OTWK Is probably the most famous fan-title ever...

Trev,
I think you're confusing this title with All The Time In The World, which I would say would be the most famous fanfic title.

#12 AgentM

AgentM

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 17 May 2002 - 01:06 AM

AgentM (07 May, 2002 02:21 a.m.):
OTWK:
I am having trouble finding a location. I need a spot with a sort of run-down residential area with fairly tall buildings on a hill beside a large body of water. I have considered the Panama Canal and the Albanian Coast.
Good night from Canada.

Well, I have been in Quebec City (Canada) for the last 5 days and I must say, IT IS A PERFECT LOCATION. It surprised me, but it is an old-style city with some great looking buildings and a great backdrop/layout for the chase I have planned, featuring especially the Chateau Frontenac and some parachutes....

#13 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 15 May 2002 - 08:36 AM

AgentM (09 May, 2002 11:31 p.m.):

WHERE did you come up with that name? Sounds a little like it's from Patriot Games...

I can't remember where I got that name from but I must have read it somewhere. It's a real Irish surname. It doesn't come from Patriot Games as far as I know...............so use it boy!....Use it now before someone else does!.

#14 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 09 May 2002 - 08:49 AM

Good luck with your project !

#15 AgentM

AgentM

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 09 May 2002 - 02:25 AM

With TWINE already being used for a movie, it seems like using ATTITW would be a little...I don't know.

#16 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 12 May 2002 - 07:15 AM

Steady boy! *whip* ok sorry bout that, lol.

Anyway, I got the Idea from thinking about...death. Grim Reaper, then I chucked in an Irish male name starting with G. GOod luck with it all!

#17 AgentM

AgentM

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 21 June 2002 - 01:52 AM

Phew! Exams over! Thank god. Now, a bit more of an official summary/update...

WHEN THERE'S NO TIME TO DIE...
AND EVEN LESS TIME TO LIVE...
THERE'S STILL ONE THING
THAT TIME WILL ALWAYS DO...

James Bond returns in a blowout adventure screenplay that pits him against his greatest challenge yet. Gregory Reaper was IRA, now a desperate fugitive who has evaded British Security Forces for over a decade. Now, he has returned once again to the world of espionage and terrorism to seek revenge on the country that decimated his life. From an explosive sting operation in Eastern Canada to a thrilling Motocross-style chase through the Moors of Northern Ireland; From the steamy climate of the Mediterranean to an explosive climax aboard a train carrying one of the most deadly weapons known to man, 007 has finally met his match in a villain that is both as resourceful and conniving as the secret agent himself. They've both been invincible for as long as they can remember, but now there is indeed one thing that will bring them down....

ONLY TIME WILL KILL.

Late Summer/Early Fall 2002

#18 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 21 June 2002 - 02:38 AM

Speaking of Quebec (please pronounce it 'Kebek', as that's how the Francais pronounce it, and Canadiens who pronounce it with the 'Q' sound, sound like idiots;)) I've just completed Grade 11 history which is mainly teaching us how the Quebecois are a bunch of separatist whiners! :) So My suggestion is that either Bond or his ally should crack some one-liners on the FLQ (terrorists from the '60s) or the whole separation thingy. Heh.

How about the bad guy is besieged in Quebec, and then he foolishly comes out, only to be slaughtered in 15 minutes by James Bond and a group of commandoes. This could be the subtext humour.

#19 AgentM

AgentM

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 28 June 2002 - 01:17 PM

Just completed Grade 11, eh? We're the same age, General.

The FLQ is an interesting topic to be put into a movie, but I don't think it involves Bond. The IRA is the sole terrorist group in my screenplay, Canada is simply chosen as a meeting sight. The FLQ is all but extinct now. There are a few thugs in the opening that I considered making former FLQ members, but I'm not pursuing that.

I'll still look into it.

I wouldn't call them separist whiners...well, actually yes I would. Unfortunately, no one in the scene is actually French! Even the Canadian Intelligence officer is from Ontario!