69 replies to this topic

#1 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 24 March 2002 - 12:46 PM

Just to get this section going I just wanted to put some feelers out and see exactly what we have to look forward to on the fan fiction front. Be it stories, scripts, treatments whatever what can we eager lurkers of CMGN expect to be reading in bed in 2002?

Coming soon from Evil Doctor Cheese:

LOVE IS THE DANGER
James Bond battles against Armund Zyyi a rich industrialist mad on power and against Hermione Williams the woman who has stolen his heart. Love is the danger because it can hurt more than any bullet, especially when you have to chose between it and the job that makes you feel alive.
Coming this Spring

UNTITLED FAN FICTION PROJECT
James Bond meets nature. Dame Diana Virtue's Evergreen Industries are resurecting plant species from a soil samples from a remote Scottish island. The tale is set totally in the United Kingdom -Scotland, Lincolnshire, London and The Isle Of Man.
Coming End of 2002

Anyone else?

#2 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 29 March 2002 - 01:48 PM

In production?

OF FIREFLIES AND SPIES

Bond is stalking someone at night.

Or is he being stalked......

#3 Deacon_Frost

Deacon_Frost

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 March 2002 - 03:26 PM

BLAST! Thanks Trevelyan.

#4 piotr007

piotr007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 April 2002 - 06:19 PM

RossMan (26 Apr, 2002 11:17 p.m.):
(...) orginal title.

Actually, it isn't mine. I think Jacques Nexus posted it when there was a topic about my fanfic at CBn forums.

#5 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 10 April 2002 - 01:47 PM

Mister Asterix (27 Mar, 2002 10:33 p.m.):
PRODUCTION UPDATE:
MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD

Chapter 17 was just completed. Chapters 1-16 are also complete, the first thirteen are currently with the editor. Chapters 19, 20, 21, and 22 (the final chapter) are all between 50% to 80% complete. Chapter 18 sadly sits as an outline waiting for some prose and a session with my fight choreagrapher (who looks exactly like my editor).

Estimated completion date is somewhere between the end of April to the beginning of June.

This is one hell of a project, Evan. To create a full length novel is an amazing and courageous enterprise on your part. Sounds like I've got similar problems with "SILVERTONGUE"...I need a fight scene & stunt co-ordinator to help me out :).

#6 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 07 April 2002 - 09:07 PM

scaramanga (07 Apr, 2002 02:57 p.m.):
FIREBREAK
At an MI6 safehouse in Macao, an informer is killed by a spectacular fireball. The local authorities pass the incident off as an accident, but M. suspects foul play and sends James Bond to investigate. Soon, Bond becomes involved in a dangerous game of cat and mouse with The Red Lightning Tong and their sinister leader, Dr. Lobo.
Coming Summer 2002

Can't wait, Scaramanga, I 'm sure it'll be a worthy sucessor to Diamond Cut Diamond.
Nice name for the villain, Dr. Lobo...

#7 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 26 April 2002 - 10:17 PM

piotr007 (23 Apr, 2002 05:28 p.m.):
RECALL A VILLAIN 007 HASN’T KILLED ON HIS MISSION?
GEORGI KOSKOV WAS PUT TO A RUSSIAN PRISON. THEN, HE ESCAPED.
WHAT IF HE WANTS A REVENGE ON JAMES BOND?

SHADOW FROM THE PAST?

NO…  KOSKOV IS NOT QUITE THE SAME MAN HE WAS DURING HIS PREVIOUS ENCOUNTER WITH 007.

JAMES BOND, AGENT 007
AND
ANYA AMASOVA, AGENT XXX
IN
A SEQUEL TO “THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS” (THE MOVIE)

INTERNATIONAL HARMS DEALER

(working title although most likely it stays as it is)

BY PIOTR CIACKA

I plan it to be ready near august or september.

Sounds interesting, especially to me since TLD is probably my fav. Bond flick. Like the idea of Anya Amasova returning too, orginal title.

#8 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 26 April 2002 - 08:34 AM

:) Geez, I only just noticed that there was a page 2 to this thread. Sorry Guys.

Evil Doctor Cheese (30 Mar, 2002 05:35 p.m.):
Great title BC! It is one of the most original on the boards... very Bond but not obviously Bond.

I'm really excited by the fan fic that we're going to be seeing in 2002 especially now we can see it all together on on news item on the main page. Lots of bedtime reading.

Glad you like the title, Doc. :)

I was supposed to have it up by last weekend, otherwise people with very pointy boots were going to kick me up the A. :)

I was about 3/4 of the way through when I came up with a better idea, which meant I had to virtually go back towards the begining and change it all.

Just as well it's only a short story.
:)

#9 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 30 March 2002 - 02:30 AM

Blofeld's Cat (29 Mar, 2002 01:48 p.m.):
In production?

OF FIREFLIES AND SPIES

very nice and original title BC.

#10 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts

Posted 30 March 2002 - 09:39 AM

Mister Asterix (30 Mar, 2002 02:30 a.m.):

Blofeld's Cat (29 Mar, 2002 01:48 p.m.):
In production?

OF FIREFLIES AND SPIES

very nice and original title BC.

Thanks Mr*. :)

I've only just noticed your sig animation. It's very...err, well, animated. :)

Love it.

#11 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 30 March 2002 - 05:35 PM

Great title BC! It is one of the most original on the boards... very Bond but not obviously Bond.

I'm really excited by the fan fic that we're going to be seeing in 2002 especially now we can see it all together on on news item on the main page. Lots of bedtime reading.

Also I love the novel covers Mr A! Inspired by these (and my huge desire to have one of my own) I am playing with the idea of making my second fan fic a novella or maybe even a novel (most probably the former). How easy is it to write a novel compared to a scriptment/treatment and what do I have to do to get Mr Asterix to make me one of those gorgeous book jackets?

~ Gary

#12 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 30 March 2002 - 07:53 PM

For you eDoc, all you have to do is ask. :)

#13 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 27 March 2002 - 10:40 PM

Sounds great, Mr *. How long will it be in terms of pages, or won't your editor allow you to comment on that?

Terrific cover.

#14 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 27 March 2002 - 10:33 PM

PRODUCTION UPDATE:
MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD

Chapter 17 was just completed. Chapters 1-16 are also complete, the first thirteen are currently with the editor. Chapters 19, 20, 21, and 22 (the final chapter) are all between 50% to 80% complete. Chapter 18 sadly sits as an outline waiting for some prose and a session with my fight choreagrapher (who looks exactly like my editor).

Estimated completion date is somewhere between the end of April to the beginning of June.

#15 walther

walther

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 375 posts

Posted 29 March 2002 - 06:10 AM

I have one story I will start writing around mid-May, when classes get out for me. My story is called "The Edge of Perfection" and has gone through numerous changes many times. This is the final change and it deals with the same villain, Dr. Alexander Smethson, and his plot to create a secret clone army to take over the world. There are many different locations, including cities in France, Switzerland, and England, with a climax set in Smethson's base in the French Alps.

Mr. * created a cover for me a while back and I had the car all picked out. Nothing really has changed and the reason I'm taking so long is to make it, well, PERFECT. (No pun intended)

So, I hope this one will turn out good.

#16 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 29 March 2002 - 09:09 AM

With these dust jacket covers I'm seeing, I'd advise that "you should judge the book by it's front cover" - they look bloody great!

#17 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 27 March 2002 - 01:22 PM

Theres's some wonderful and intriguing fan fics coming this year...great to see !.

Don't forget "SILVERTONGUE" guys...
I'll keep emailing updates to everyone on the mailing list. I'll try and pick out an extract to send out to every body.

#18 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 24 April 2002 - 11:58 AM

[quote]Jacques Nexus (10 Apr, 2002 02:47 p.m.):

Estimated completion date is somewhere between the end of April to the beginning of June.[/quote]
This is one hell of a project, Evan. To create a full length novel is an amazing and courageous enterprise on your part. Sounds like I've got similar problems with "SILVERTONGUE"...I need a fight scene & stunt co-ordinator to help me out :).[/quote]

Need help? I've done Stunts and Fight Choreography for a few fan-films, plus i do Karate :)

#19 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 24 March 2002 - 01:12 PM

COMING SOON FROM TREVELYAN...

SILVERMOON
When a british defence speacıalıst is kidnapped by a group of colombian terrorists then murdered by a 00 agent, Mi-6 is put on alert, and even M finds herself watching her back. Bond is sent in to investigate, and is surprised when he is lead to General Yun Silvermoon, a Chinese madman, bent on collapsing the free world.
Coming September 2002

Bond 2
'The Russian Book'

Untitled Bond Script
What happens when Fan minds come together to create one Bond Script?

#20 piotr007

piotr007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 April 2002 - 07:24 PM

Damn, posted it twice.

#21 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 24 March 2002 - 06:40 PM

Well, these all sound really really good, I've run out of things to read, I have a few new submissions for fan fic to read tonight...so I can't wait for some more.

Trev, as for your last point...

Untitled Bond Script
What happens when Fan minds come together to create one Bond Script?

It is possible to do an interactive story, where people can add parts to it etc...an interactive kind of story...is this the kind of thing you had in mind, as CMGN could very well host this great idea!

#22 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 25 March 2002 - 09:59 AM

There's plenty of people here I'm sure would be glad you help you out there Major_Boothroyd.

Welcome to the CMGN forums!

#23 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 24 March 2002 - 07:11 PM

I don't have too many details as I'm stil tinkering with the plot.

I probably won't start writing DOWNFALL until June when I'm out of school. It will have Bond visting the Middle East, specifially Kuwait city, where he'll battle arms dealer/terrorists extradinaire Zecariah Arcadias while teaming up with a female agent of the Mossad. He'll be driving a 1967 Austin-Healey. Following Death To Spies, this story will take place between Amis' Colonel Sun and Gardner's Licence Renewed.

BTW Dave, just sent you Death To Spies.

#24 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 24 March 2002 - 08:26 PM

I've got a little something in the works but It won't be touched until I finish NLTDT

#25 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 10 April 2002 - 01:53 PM

Deacon_Frost (28 Mar, 2002 06:26 p.m.):
AQUA BULLET (short story)
This short story id near completion. It should be posted next week.

This is the best fan fic title I've ever seen !. Beautiful !.

#26 scaramanga

scaramanga

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 07 April 2002 - 01:57 PM

FIREBREAK
At an MI6 safehouse in Macao, an informer is killed by a spectacular fireball. The local authorities pass the incident off as an accident, but M. suspects foul play and sends James Bond to investigate. Soon, Bond becomes involved in a dangerous game of cat and mouse with The Red Lightning Tong and their sinister leader, Dr. Lobo.
Coming Summer 2002

#27 Max Zorin

Max Zorin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 01 May 2002 - 09:21 PM

I got a couple I'm working on:

The Leiter Trilogy:

Starting with the first story (The Man From the C.I.A., currently in production) this trilogy outlines Felix Leiter's quest against a ruthless anti-spy organization that has risen out of the ashes of SPECTRE.

In The Man From the C.I.A., Leiter is sent to investigate a series of murders in America, involving former or still active secret agents. Teamed with two less experienced C.I.A. agents, Leiter's investigation soon discovers an insidious plot crafted by one of the most twisted criminal minds the C.I.A. has ever seen. And it brings him to a final confrontation with one of the most viscious killers he's ever met.

Hopefully, the next two stories will soon follow. (I have titles for them too - unoriginal ones, to boot as they are all Fleming chapter titles - but I will release them later.)

Also, in between these stories, I'm hoping to release shorter stories featuring 007.

Never A Dull Moment:

A kind of uber-day in the life of shows a more human Bond training a new agent in the field. Of course, she's female, and of course trouble soon follows - when Agent Angela Harmsway allows James to be captured by a bitter ex-SMERSH agent about to go postal!

Thats all for now. Hopefully I should have at least one completed by early summer.

With all these great fan fics coming out (I'm in the middle of reading that new Heaven novel) isn't it a great time to be a Bond fan?

#28 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 31 March 2002 - 05:37 PM

A reprive! Then may I officially ask you if you would be so kind as to cook one up for me once I have the book in production. All I need is a title and a plot and some more characters!!! :)

#29 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 03 May 2002 - 11:23 AM

piotr007 (28 Apr, 2002 07:19 p.m.):

RossMan (26 Apr, 2002 11:17 p.m.):
(...) orginal title.

Actually, it isn't mine. I think Jacques Nexus posted it when there was a topic about my fanfic at CBn forums.

Hi piotr, glad to see your fan fic is coming along nicely.

#30 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 24 March 2002 - 07:38 PM

[b]Dave (24 Mar, 2002 06:40 p.m.):
It is possible to do an interactive story, where people can add parts to it etc...an interactive kind of story...is this the kind of thing you had in mind, as CMGN could very well host this great idea!

I came across a site a while back that just had interactive Bond stories. Some of them were really good.