Bondis back in NightFire!!!

40 replies to this topic

#31 Andy

Andy

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 May 2002 - 03:32 PM

The console versions (XBOX, PS2, Gamecube) will all support the same features, and contain similiar graphics. The PC version will be different because it will Not contain any driving levels, so they must be replacing them with extra Single play levels. The story will be the same in the PC as the consoles, but I guess that the way that they do it will be a bit different. The graphics on PC will probably differ from the console version, and will offer higher-res and speeds. It will also contain Online multiplayer :) Something worth buying it for... The drawback is that it won't be released at the same time as the console version, much later infact, so the PS2 version should give me a taste of what it is like until the PC version is released.

My sig has died, because my web server is down where the image is placed, hopefully it will be back soon :)

#32 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 13 May 2002 - 03:45 PM

My fear on the staggered release dates is that we could see the TWINE debacle happeneing again. The planned PC release for that was a few months behind the console, and when it came to release day, EA delaying it by a whole year as there was no longer a rush to get it out!!! A year later, the project was scr@pped and it was never released, even though it was 98-99% complete (from what I've been told).

Damn shame.

Andy (13 May, 2002 04:32 p.m.):
My sig has died, because my web server is down where the image is placed, hopefully it will be back soon :)

Sorry to hear that Andy - hope it's all back up and running again soon. Especially since your new NightFire section is up! (well it will be when the techies have fixing their gremlins).

In the mean time, 007Gaming filed a report with CBN's partner site, MI6, on NightFire and some more details on the game and who's behind it.

#33 License To Kill

License To Kill

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1556 posts

Posted 09 May 2002 - 03:40 PM

I really hope it comes out for PC, because TWINE was s****ped for PC. (I can't remember why, I think for AUF on PS2) And you said Australian Alps, don't you mean Austrian? Other than that, I can't wait.

#34 level007

level007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 09 May 2002 - 05:19 PM

Three Blind Mice (09 May, 2002 04:24 p.m.):

Unlike many former EA Bond games, which are based on a single 007 movie license, NightFire features a completely original storyline written exclusively for the game. The title, which borrows elements from more than 40 years of Bond's legacy, will take players through the snowy Australian Alps, into the underwater depths of the South Pacific and even aboard space stations above the Earth's atmosphere as Bond does battle with the criminal mastermind Rafael Drake, the head of a mysterious environmental corporation seeking world domination.

DOn't this remind something ? It looks like the plot of Die another DAy. I think Electronic arts are thinking that we are stupid. DOr AUF and Night fire they say that the story is totaly original. TSsss let me laugh. I mean AUF is just a mix of TND, Goldneneye, and TWINE. And now 007 is agasint a nemesis who pretend to be ecologist ? That is for me DAD. that s all.

I really miss the time when RARE made Goldeneye, THAT was JAMES BOND !

#35 The Mole

The Mole

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 02:28 PM

I will only buy NightFire if these Agent under Fire problems are sorted.

1. Bond and R must not look like thay are suffering from depression.
2. John Cleese MUST make an appearance (Very disappointed of early AUF shots)
3. Bond must not say stupid childish comments like "Mmmm... Fireworks!"
4. The game must look as realistic as GoldenEye 64. AUF was too cartoony and colourful. Make it more like EA's Medal of Honor.
5. Stick to the FPS action, and maybe only have one driving level.
6. Ask Gearbox to do the console version too.
7. The Golden Gun, if used, must look like the Golden Gun.
8. Multiplayer must be fast-paced, with Bots with adjustable AI.
9. Use Pierce Brosnan's face, his voice or at least an impressionist's voice for the game. Like TWINE. He sounded good there.
10. Better weapon accuracy. The machine gun bullets in AUF went everywhere.

Nightfire better be more adult orientated than Agent Under Fire.

Thinking of it, AUF was a disgrace. Agent Under Fire? Agent Should Retire more like!

--------------
The Mole
--------------
"I am the eater of wolves and of children, and you are next!"

#36 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 10:33 PM

Ignore this post.

#37 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 10:36 PM

It's funny you say that, Mole. I felt totally different about the game! It reminded me of the Moore films - kind've like GoldenEye meets Moonraker. It had that kind of unbelievable atmosphere. And unfortunately for you, NightFire will likely be a more-improved version of the same. Driving levels are still there, along with a level in a space station. It's not going back towards GoldenEye (even though the screenshots and video make it appear as if it will have a more serious approach that AUF). Besides, with the current success of AUF, they're not going to change much. I think that after having two dead serious FPS Bond games, it has been time to step back and explore the Moore and Connery-style adventures.

~Harmsway

#38 Andy

Andy

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 May 2002 - 05:38 PM

This Morning, Electronic Arts announced that the Next Bond game is in development;

James Bond 007: NightFire,

Will ship for GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox and the PC! in time for the summer holidays.
NightFire will feature a completely original storyline written exclusively for the game, similar to what has been done for Agent Under Fire.

The title has been reported to borrow elements from more than 40 years of Bond's legacy, and will take players through locations and scenery such as the snowy Austrian Alps, into the underwater depths of the South Pacific and aboard space stations above the Earth's atmosphere.
We know at the moment that the plot and characters will contain a criminal mastermind called Rafael Drake, the head of a mysterious environmental corporation seeking world domination, CBN will report to you as soon as more is known about this.

The UK developer Eurocom Entertainment, which created the N64 The World is Not Enough game, will be behind the GameCube, Xbox and PS2 versions of NightFire, while Gearbox Software, creators of the very popular Half Life series, is dedicated to the PC version. NightFire is reported to be primarily a first-person shooter, including action and stealth objectives-
We are told that exotic locales, beautiful women, a wide arsenal of weapons, spy gadgetry and spy craft will appear, but a third-person view is also used for specific puzzle areas and to show off 007's good looks during the in-game cut-scenes.

The title will challenge players to determine when to go out blasting, when to use special spy craft to accomplish goals and when to play it sneaky-
It will feature 10 exotic locations in detailed 3D environments and next- generation graphics.
The game will also draw upon the last 40 years for a cast of villains and allies that will be both familiar and completely new to players.

The console versions of the game will feature exclusive driving experiences created by the Need for Speed team, (The same team behind the spectacular driving missions in 007 Agent Under Fire) and will incorporate such classic cars as the Aston Martin Vanquish (As Being Featured in Die Another Day) equipped with the latest Bond gadgetry. The PC version will boast exclusive single-player levels and a more robust multiplayer option. It is unsure at this time if the PC version will contain online/ LAN multiplayer support, but this information should come soon.

Earlier reports of the next Bond game have been referring to it as 'Phoenix Rising', but at this stage CBN is sure that 'NightFire' is the same game development but with a title change.

NightFire has been reported to have been in development with Eurocom and Gearbox for a considerable amount of time and will be up for show first on various platforms, at the Electronics Entertainment Expo 2002 which begins in Los Angeles, California in less than two weeks. CBN will report the information of the different versions when revealed at Expo 2002.

A big thanks to 'Three Blind Mice' from the forums, who notified us about this story.

#39 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 10:56 PM

I agree with both of you. some improvements need to be done such as R's face and a few other things (personaly I kind of liked how they tried to create an "ultimate bond" using elements from all 5 bonds. as for the voice, Adam Blackwood has done the bond voice in all EA bond games since TND, however Andrew Bicknell helped him in AUF which is probubly why bond sounded different, Which I thought was good because it sounded a bit like Sean Connery. ( see http://us.imdb.com/Title?0295846 for more on these people).

As for Harmsway, I agree with your comments as well, when you step back and look at it, It was a great classic-bond style game and I hope to see more similar games in the future.

And I think you get my point.

#40 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 09 May 2002 - 05:50 PM

Wow! This sounds like a video came I might actually want to play! I can't wait to see how it turns out on Playstation. It looks like Xen might have a new addiction.

-- Xenobia

#41 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 09 May 2002 - 06:10 PM

Original stories, villains, locations... Even though I don't have a way to play these games, I'm beginning to think I have to buy them as a part of my never-ending quest to own EVERY James Bond "story." I bought The Stealth Affaire for this reason. Tell me, is there a way to "read" the story without playing the game (an instruction booklet or something like that)?

These have kind of replaced the graphic novels, haven't they?