Have you beaten GoldenEye 64?

21 replies to this topic

#1 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 March 2002 - 09:40 PM

I don't consider myself very good at video games, but I've been working on GoldenEye lately and I just beat the game in Agent mode. I must say its very satisfying! But now there is still Secret Agent and 00 Agent modes to beat. After trying out the Facility on 00 Agent mode, I've realized that it will be very hard to beat the game with that level of difficulty. So I was curious if any of the posters here have ever beaten the game on all three levels. If you have, I'd like to hear your story and how long it took you, and if you have any good advice. Also it might be helpful to know if you use a special controler configuration or anything like that. I look forward to any stories or advice you have... Thanks!

#2 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 10 March 2002 - 01:46 AM

Yep,

a few years back my friend let me borrow his copy and I beat it eventually after a few day/weeks befor he even got to the jungle level.

later on he sold me the exact copy than I beat.

00Kevin

#3 level007

level007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 10 March 2002 - 01:54 AM

ahhhh goldeneye 64, the best game ever...

i got this game in 1997 and i think i played it for 3 years all the time (multiplayer is fantastic). i beat the game and had all the cheat in maybe six month. SOme of the cheat, especially the invincible one, are very hard to get ! ( for this one, you have to run all the time, and don t try to kill the bad guys).

if you have any problem ask me i ll be pleased to help you.

#4 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 10 March 2002 - 02:40 AM

I've beaten in, I remember the Train on 00 Agent taking me forever. I didn't get all the cheats properly though, I used the keycodes for getting all them. Most of my firnds have GE, but none of them know the keycodes you can get from most GE64 sites now, so I'm the envy of all of them. 8)

#5 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 10 March 2002 - 03:52 AM

I beat thw whole game in about a week, i know i dont have a life, but i was addicted!

#6 The Mole

The Mole

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 March 2002 - 02:46 PM

I beat it years ago. Since then, I've sold my N64.

BTW, I used to hack into GE with an Action Replay. That game has hundreds of pieces of junk in there that was removed before the game was completed. Examples include Connery, Dalton and moore's pics in multiplayer (they were originally playable), there was a test level known as the CITADEL, which no longer exists in any shape or form, and various little items such as phones and fire extinguishers were found.

Once, I even put Rare's logo on the GoldenEye screen!

I found codes to make alternative missions: I changed characters around, made them behave in different ways (eg. changing Trevelyan to Ourumov in Facility and giving him double grenade launchers. I made him kill you) and added objectives, such as plant explosives in Dam and, strangely, eliminate the 60-ft tuxedoed Bond in Egyptian!

I even made a car in Streets move by using the C-Buttons on the controller!

That game was made more fun when I altered it, but it crashed a hell of a lot with bad coding.

There was another hacker, too. His name was Solid Snake, a former colleague of mine. He taught me everything I needed to know about hacking. He died 4 years ago, from a bullet to the heart. I don't know how this happened, but I was upset when I found out. He was one of my only friends. We only spoke on the Internet, however.

For more information on hacking, speak to another friend of mine, Parasyte. He was connected to hacking, too, through the now deceased ARHQ (Action Replay Headquarters).

#7 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 09 March 2002 - 09:56 PM

A mate of mine was working for (insert high street games shop name here - he might still work there!) and he got me the game a couple of weeks before it was out in the UK :)

One weekend, a lot of beers and a lot of buddys over for a bash, we had it beat in 00 mode by Sunday night... Discovered a lot of the "cheat" modes before the game was in the shops! :-)

Ah... Those were the days....

P.S. Use twin controllers. Being ambidextrous makes life a hell of a lot easier in GoldenEye64!

#8 Double-Oh-Zero

Double-Oh-Zero

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3167 posts

Posted 09 March 2002 - 10:17 PM

Congratulations, first of all. Yup, I recently beat the game, just before Christmas, actually. I got it about two years ago, so don't feel bad. It took me so long because my T.V wasn't the best of quality, so I had to wait awhile (half a year!) to get a better one to play on. My advice is just take your time. Don't be intimidated by 00 Agent mode. Do it on Secret Agent next, then you'll be ready for 00 Agent mode next. Also, learn to shoot enemies right in the head, as it will be an invaluable skill on the next few levels. Conserve your ammo, as well. The enemies take more shots as the difficulty levels increase. Good luck, and don't give up!
P.S. Have you played MP with your new characters?

#9 WarBird

WarBird

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 370 posts

Posted 01 August 2002 - 05:49 PM

I'm almost there. I haven't been playing since a year after the game came out and finally started playing it again. I'm close though.

#10 rafterman

rafterman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 02:50 PM

it's a classic, beat this game years ago, still one of my favorite games of all time...

#11 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 05:42 PM

This game was the no#1 selling title for the N64 - a true Bond game.

If you're having problems completing it, we've got some cheats over in the games section that you can key in while playing (for example, invunerability etc...).

http://www.commander...gories/190.html

#12 007_JamesBond

007_JamesBond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 17 August 2002 - 07:15 PM

I have beaten it and that game is one of the best out for 64 I loved it and it was quite fun

#13 WarBird

WarBird

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 370 posts

Posted 05 September 2002 - 04:41 PM

I have a few levels to go on 00 agent to go. Its taken my awhile. GoldenEye really challenges you with the guards and villians.

#14 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 05 September 2002 - 07:16 PM

I beat the game years ago and know it inside and out.
If you need help just ask.

#15 cool guy

cool guy

Cadet

• Crew
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 September 2002 - 06:55 PM

I am the KING at this game! NO ONE can take me down, don't even try. (yes I have beat this game):)

#16 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:22 AM

I've bet it several time, its my favorite 64 game.

#17 Janus Assassin

Janus Assassin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1898 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:00 AM

I have as well.. took me about 2 1/2 years. Worst levels especially in 00 agent for me were the Train, Control Center and Aztec.

#18 Miles Miservy

Miles Miservy

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

I've beaten in, I remember the Train on 00 Agent taking me forever. I didn't get all the cheats properly though, I used the keycodes for getting all them. Most of my firnds have GE, but none of them know the keycodes you can get from most GE64 sites now, so I'm the envy of all of them. 8)

You never use cheats. YOU NEVER USE CHEATS. Cheats are designed for the inept that are incapable of accomplishing anything on their own. You have to figure that computer programs are designed by human beings; therefore it makes sense that a human being can conquer the program.

Cheats are for pu$$ies.

#19 Trevelyan 006

Trevelyan 006

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

I can say that I have as well, and I must tell you as a 10-year-old kid, it was no walk in the (statue) park...

I envy those who still have a properly working Nintendo 64, and are still able to play 'GoldenEye' whenever they see fit.
It's one thing from years passed that I truly miss...

On a side note, I happen to have the entire in-game soundtrack on my iPod!

#20 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

Agent - Complete (Dam to Aztec)
Secret Agent (Dam to Cradle)

#21 Double-0-Seven

Double-0-Seven

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:27 PM

I spent more time on this game than anything else in my childhood. I've beaten the entire game on all difficulties and can get all the cheats as well. Back in the day I loved messing around with all the fun Gameshark codes out there. I still own my Nintendo 64 and play this game at least once or twice a year. It's still a great load of fun.

More recently I beat the game on Agent using the Enemy Rockets cheat. Some of the levels, like Train and Aztec, were hard to develop a strategy for. You kind of just had to get lucky.

Next I'll move onto Secret Agent using the Enemy Rockets cheat.

#22 Janus Assassin

Janus Assassin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1898 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:43 AM

I came across on youtube that people created their own levels and objectives. it all looks pretty creative.

heres a link to one of them