17 replies to this topic

#1 EyesOnly

EyesOnly

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 04:07 AM

Since CR has the Gunbarrel the way that it is, how do you think they will incorporate it in Bond 22? Would they re-film it?

EyesOnly!

#2 Peter Guillam 006

Peter Guillam 006

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 05:22 AM

I think it's awesome that Craig came up with the coat flying behind him on his right trick. I bet that's how he'll do it in the future movies. To answer your question, I believe they're going to do it at the beginning of the movie as usual since he'll be a 00 in the beginning of the next mission.

#3 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 06:09 AM

Return to proper format and thus reshoot. I would like to think that they'd change the stance even if only a little because the opportunity to reshoot the scene typically only comes along once.

#4 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 09:22 PM

Return to proper format and thus reshoot. I would like to think that they'd change the stance even if only a little because the opportunity to reshoot the scene typically only comes along once.

Thus far Roger Moore is the only Bond to shoot two gunbarrels. That was more out of necessity (the chaging of the film formats) than for any other reason.

#5 Tiin007

Tiin007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1696 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 10:13 PM

Thus far Roger Moore is the only Bond to shoot two gunbarrels. That was more out of necessity (the chaging of the film formats) than for any other reason.

Really? I always assumed they filmed a new one for each film. Not sure why I thought this. Doesn't Moore look very different in many of his gunbarrels?

#6 John

John

Cadet

• Crew
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 12:24 AM

Well the answer is in the french trailer...James Bond shoots at the gunbarrel in a Public lavatory....... I do wonder what sort of product placement they will have in that scene.

#7 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 01:37 AM

Well the answer is in the french trailer

The answer to what? He was asking if they'd refilm the gunbarrel for Bond 22. Seeing as how the one in CR is not a "proper" gunbarrel, I imagine they will film (not refilm) a regular gunbarrel for Craig, in the tux and everything.

#8 Shaun Forever

Shaun Forever

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 06:03 PM

*Imagines an alternate Octopussy gunbarrel, featuring Bond in the clown suit*

#9 Leon

Leon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 05:54 PM

They'll have to re-shoot it with him walking across. Not exactly very difficult to re-shoot. His pose will likely be very much the same I'd guess.

I actually prefer him in the suit without a tie. It looks less...camp to be honest. Still classy just not as clich

Edited by Leon, 03 May 2006 - 05:56 PM.

#10 Dalton

Dalton

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 196 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 09:26 AM

They will have to shoot a gunbarrell for future Bond films, because (as has been mentioned) they can't use the bathroom gunbarrell for the next 3-4 movies. I wouldn't be at all surprised if DC hasn't already filmed it.

#11 pieffra

pieffra

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 303 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 10:41 AM

for future gun barrel sequence I see:

The white circle running across the screen from left to right... (James Bond theme starts)

Then it opens wide (we don't see the gun barrel)

James Bond starts to walk from left to right

Then the interior of the gun barrel appears sliding towards him (like the bathroom sequence)

James Bond fires at it

The gun barrel shakes and slides towards the audience

Blood come from the top

The whole image fades

sorry..... made a mistake

James Bond starts to walk from right to left

#12 VampiressRN

VampiressRN

Cadet

• Crew
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 04:10 AM

Thanks for mentioning about the coat flip...I didn't catch that. Had to watch it again and it really is one of the better gunbarrels....he is very steady in his stance. I can hardly wait till November....that flashing across the big screen always gives me the all-over chills.

#13 rnblover1971

rnblover1971

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 07:15 AM

Really? I always assumed they filmed a new one for each film. Not sure why I thought this. Doesn't Moore look very different in many of his gunbarrels?

Moore only shot two gunbarrels, the ones for LALD and TMWTGG, and then the ones for the rest of his movies.

He did not shoot a new gunbarrel for each film. If you look at his hair from TSWLM gunbarrel, it is still combed to the side. As his hair eventually gets combed off to the back in subsequent movies, the gunbarrel still remains the same from the 70s.

#14 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 09:11 AM

I assume they will reshoot it in the normal format, with a pure white background.

Having said that, it's an intriguing idea that they might use the lavatory scene, somehow, for all of Craig's outings. Maybe they will.

#15 Robert Watts

Robert Watts

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 09:41 AM

I have a feeling the CR gunabarrel is a one off (albeit it a better one then the DAD one-off circumstances)

We will see Craig in a normal gunbarrel from now, though I think it would be cool if he didn't don the tux in the gunbarrel and went more smart looking suit direction (he looks smart in the suit without tie) a la Lazenby and Connery.

#16 pieffra

pieffra

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 303 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 09:53 AM

Brosnan did only one gun barrell sequence too.

Sean Connery the same, but in Dr. No and FRWL, Bob Simmons did it

#17 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 12:35 PM

hopefully Bond 22 gunbarell will be back at the beginning of the movie

#18 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 05:57 PM

the gunbarrell will be reshot but i think craig will keep his stance and the coat flying behind him but i think he'll be wearing a tux and a waistcoat