32 replies to this topic

#1 Onlooker

Onlooker

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:53 AM

[Moderator's Note: For quick and easy access...]

The CommanderBond.net Forums have two skin background color schemes. The default background scheme: 'CBn_[Year]' and a lighter backround scheme: 'CBn_[Year] Light'.

To choose between these two background schemes, go to the CBn Forum Main Page and scroll to the bottom. On the lower right is a box that will either say 'CBn_[Year]' or 'CBn_[Year] Light' which is where you can choose the color scheme you prefer.

Is it possible to change the overall colour scheme so the background is not black? I find that very hard to read.

#2 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 10:53 AM

This is something we will consider.

#3 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:37 AM

It would be helpful... the black screen looks very conspicious on my monitor at work... some options for different backgrounds would be great.

#4 Kingdom Come

Kingdom Come

Discharged

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3572 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:19 PM

This is what I suggested years ago about this site and was told the same thing!!! I have a new flat screen 19inch monitor and the black is not a problem any more. It would also be an idea for the threader to increase text size and this goes for ALL sites.

#5 Gabe Vieira

Gabe Vieira

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3873 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 05:09 PM

It would also be an idea for the threader to increase text size and this goes for ALL sites.

Increasing the text size is something you should be able to do yourself using the computer options.

#6 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 06:06 PM

It would also be an idea for the threader to increase text size and this goes for ALL sites.

Increasing the text size is something you should be able to do yourself using the computer options.

I don't think it works on this site - I usually use [ctr + mouse scroll wheel], and it doesn't work here (and many other places).

#7 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 09:02 PM

I rather like the black. If you do change the color, please don't make it gray!

#8 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 09:05 PM

Okay, it’s not perfect so expect it to change. Maybe drastically. But down at the bottom left corner of the forum (above the Google ads) you will see a drop-down menu. This is the skin menu. Right now it will read ‘CBn 2006’ on that menu choose ‘CBn 2006 Light’ and you will get a dark type on a light background version of the forums.

Please leave feedback on this look in this thread. And please let me know if there are problems.

#9 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 09:41 PM

You'll be able to increase text-size of any web site if you use a decent web browser - eg; Firefox.

There is a bug with Microsoft Internet Explorer that prevents sites that use pixel based font measurements to in/decrease sizes.

Firefox is a free download, and you can import all of your Internet Explorer bookmarks into it. http://getfirefox.com

#10 Onlooker

Onlooker

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:10 PM

Mr. Asterisk, thank you so much. I looked everywhere for something like that and couldn't find it.

As you say, its not perfect (for some reason the text looks even smaller) but its still much, much better than staring at a black sceen. I always end up squinting.

I'll defintely stay with this one.

#11 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:22 PM

[mra]Glad to help. Until we made this recent upgrade this second

#12 Kingdom Come

Kingdom Come

Discharged

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3572 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 10:25 PM

There are NO problems with Microsoft Internet Explorer. I use it and ALL my sites are enlarged. And I would advise against FireFox as there are disadvantages that I was told about!

All you need to do is: go to View then Text Size and choose which is suitable.

#13 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 10:43 PM

There are NO problems with Microsoft Internet Explorer.

If you say so.

I use it and ALL my sites are enlarged.

Not all (but a lot) of sites use pixel based text measurements. And as I said, there is a bug in IE that prevents the text size being modified.

Firefox, Safari and others are all be able to enlarge the text on CBn just fine.

And I would advise against FireFox as there are disadvantages that I was told about!

Such as? Why don't you try it for yourself and make your own opinion.

http://getfirefox.com

#14 Kingdom Come

Kingdom Come

Discharged

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3572 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 10:50 PM

I did and I didn't like it! But how can there be a bug preventing text being enlarged if I use Microsoft myself?!!!!! ALL my text on ALL the sites I visit are enlarged and the size can be changed at anytime!! I use Microsoft Internet Explorer.

#15 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 11:59 PM

I did and I didn't like it! But how can there be a bug preventing text being enlarged if I use Microsoft myself?!!!!! ALL my text on ALL the sites I visit are enlarged and the size can be changed at anytime!! I use Microsoft Internet Explorer.

No idea. Send a bug report to Microsoft about it.

#16 Kingdom Come

Kingdom Come

Discharged

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3572 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 12:34 AM

*_*

#17 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 05 February 2006 - 06:57 AM

I have no problems reading the original colour scheme, which I'm sticking with, but it's nice that there's a choice now.

I use Firefox almost exclusively now and have had no problems, and it's certainly much better to use (for me at least) than IE.

#18 morganhavoc

morganhavoc

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 01:24 PM

I like the black and red background. What I want to know is how you get the red and black Bond head in the personal information box. I can't seem to find anywhere on the boards how to get those. Where do I need to look?

#19 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 01:34 PM

I like the black and red background. What I want to know is how you get the red and black Bond head in the personal information box. I can't seem to find anywhere on the boards how to get those. Where do I need to look?

[mra]At the top of the page click

#20 Mr.Stamper

Mr.Stamper

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 08:42 PM

At the top of the page click �My Controls�. Then on the Menu on the left side under �Personal Profile� click �Edit Profile Information�. On that page the very last choice is �Your Bond Image:�. Just choose from the list there and then click the �Amend My Profile� button.

Hope that helps. B)

Has that been removed? because I cant find it :tdown:

#21 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:47 PM

At the top of the page click �My Controls�. Then on the Menu on the left side under �Personal Profile� click �Edit Profile Information�. On that page the very last choice is �Your Bond Image:�. Just choose from the list there and then click the �Amend My Profile� button.

Hope that helps. B)

Has that been removed? because I cant find it :tdown:

Controls >> Edit Dossier Information >> Your Bond Image >> "Amend My Profile"

#22 Mr.Stamper

Mr.Stamper

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:47 PM

Still cant find it B)

#23 Mike00spy

Mike00spy

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:20 AM

Any idea how to change the color background now that the forums have been updated? the black screen hurts my eyes after a while.

#24 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:39 AM

Any idea how to change the color background now that the forums have been updated? the black screen hurts my eyes after a while.

Light theme is in the works. Coming soon.

#25 Mike00spy

Mike00spy

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:41 AM

Good. I'll be able to spend more time reading these posts.

#26 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:52 AM

With this current dark scheme, we've increased the line spacing to help with readability.

As Righty pointed out though, a light theme is in the works.

#27 Publius

Publius

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3225 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:19 PM

With this current dark scheme, we've increased the line spacing to help with readability.

As Righty pointed out though, a light theme is in the works.

Any updates? :)

I hate to be a pain, but especially with the recent changes a lighter look would be far easier on my eyes.

#28 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:52 PM

I'm with ya.

#29 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:09 PM

Any progress?

#30 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:33 PM

Don't know if this has anything to do with this actual thread, but is there any chance the Fan Fic main page, where a writer posts his Fan Fic writing, is reverted back to its classic look?

Just a thought.

Cheers

Reply to this topic