Judi Dench..

3 replies to this topic

#1 Macca

Macca

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 January 2002 - 05:55 PM

Anyone see that BAFTA tribute to Judi Dench on TV the other night. Pierce made a brief speech, did an interview with Stephen Fry and several clips of his 3 films were shown. Other than that it was a load of luvvies praising Judi in a really over-the-top sort of way.. She looked almost embarrised to be there! Not that I mean her any disrespect of course!! I remmeber her best in "A fine romance" and she's a perfect M.

#2 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 15 January 2002 - 09:51 PM

Samantha Bond was featured, speaking in video clips about Judi that weren't as long as Kenneth Branagh and the other lovies spoke.

#3 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 15 January 2002 - 06:00 PM

I knew it had been made (i even made a post about it here on the forums). But i didn't know it had already been shown. I really wanted to see it. Damn.
By the way, why is this story under "Literature"?
Did Samantha Bond (Moneypenny) make an appearance? i know that she has worked with Judi, on MANY MANY occastions.

#4 Macca

Macca

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 January 2002 - 06:09 PM

Oops, sorry posted this in the wrong place - it's been one of those days!
I didn't see Moneypenny there - she definatley didn't say anything, but she could have been in the audience.
I liked the way Pierce said "Judi and I will be working together again very soon". Any hint of Bond 20 fills me with excitment!