8 replies to this topic

#1 White Knight

White Knight

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 11:50 PM

I wish TBS still owned rights to the Bond movies. It is a real shame there is no 15 days of Bond anymore.

#2 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 16 February 2002 - 06:17 PM

I don't know, I'd have to say I kind of like 'The Bond Picture Show' over '15 Days of 007'. A Bond movie a week is easier to deal with and spreads out the movies nicer then cramming all of the movies into a couple of weeks. Though it will be better if/when ABC gets the rights to all of the Bond films. TBS's first time showing all of the films when it was '7 Days Of 007' was alot of fun (and they had the '3 Days Of Double-Naught Jethro' tied with it) but after the first time I got to missing the old Sunday Night Bonds from my youth.

#3 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 16 February 2002 - 10:25 PM

I liked the 15 days better since they'd show up to Licence To kill. But since I don't usually watch Bond when he's on TV too much (I only watched FRWL on the Bond Picture Show so far) it doesn't really matter to me.

#4 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 02 April 2002 - 02:51 AM

CyberBond was an game that allowed players to compete for prizes by downloading a little program that allowed them to answer trivia questions while the movie played. They usually involved what was going on on-screen, so it was easiest to just tune to TBS. During one showing a few questions were glaringly wrong though. Anyone notice that?

#5 White Knight

White Knight

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 05 April 2002 - 11:00 PM

yes, some mistakes were horrible. You also got to win prizes. If you were a top scorer, your name was posted below during the movie. It was a very good idea. I am very angry they don't do it anymore, i was ready for another.

#6 Three Blind Mice

Three Blind Mice

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 February 2002 - 12:56 AM

i really liked the 15 days of 007 on the superstation, it was way better than ABC's. :'(
i hate how ABC has to put their celebs on the the show(like having the cast of that jim belusih show, i dont want to watch that ****, i want to watch 007)

#7 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 18 March 2002 - 02:19 AM

I watched some of the ABC thing and deeply missed TBS. Those of us with the movies on VHS/DVD had the incentive of CyberBond and I actually won a pair of sunglasses through it (and got my screenname on TV during the last showing of Goldfinger because I was in the top 5 players nationwide). The ABC Bond Picture Show is overly censored and the commercials are far more common.

I'll just stick to watching them on DVD.

#8 License To Kill

License To Kill

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1556 posts

Posted 27 March 2002 - 01:45 AM

I agree that "15 Days of 007" was better than the "Bond Picture Show" because its was for 15 days than just one night. I did enjoy CyberBond. But to let you guys know that ABC cancelled the Bond Picture Show due to low ratings :)

#9 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 27 March 2002 - 02:20 AM

OK...the dork who watched the 15 days of Bond on TBS but somehow missed CyberBond wants to know...

Quien es CyberBond?

-- Xen