#1 Alex Zamudio

Alex Zamudio

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 30 December 2001 - 03:01 AM

From lazenbyland (http://clubs.yahoo.c...ubs/lazenbyland):

Once again, those fine folk at ABC have decided to treat OHMSS with disdain and is not included in their run of Bond films in the New Year.

Time to lobby ABC about this to let them know our displeasure.

Their e-mail is [email protected]

----------------------------------------------------
As you all probably know, The 007 films from 1962 to 1983 (Dr. NO to Octopussy) are going to be shown from Jan 26 and so on in order on ABC T.V. in 2002, well in some ways this is great because the films are going to be screened with some new interviews and stuff, but as a Hardcore 007 Fan I think that excluding the fine and extraordinary OHMSS from the line up is a true crime and disrespect to the hard work done by all the lots of people involved with OHMSS, Broccoli, Peter Hunt, John Glen, George Lazenby, Diana Rigg and many other including artists, camara men, stunt people, etc, created a film thats beutiful and exciting, much better that some 007 fare in the 70's. I know that this film is a controversial one and it has suffered from it's share of bad rap, but is not uncommon to see it listed as a 007 fan top favorite, and every time I see an article regarding OHMSS no matter the source, the fact that it ranks as a one of the best film in fan choices is always mentioned, also sales of the VHS and DVD have been excelent, so why this film is not included is beyond me...
Disrespect for this film by ABC is an repeated historical event, in 1976 the film was butchered and edited in a horrible way. If you Wanna see how just vist:
http://www.geocities...d/Mansion/2512/

All Bond fans that have enjoyed OHMSS should sent an Email to ABC, with their comments, those who don't like OHMSS should give it another shot, without prejudice, and they will see it's a very fine film.
here's the address:
[email protected]

Regards, Alex M

#2 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 23 January 2002 - 05:48 AM

I don't know why OHMSS seems to get short-changed all the time.

I can remember back when the Bond movies were released for the first time on video in Australia. OHMSS was one of the very last ones to get released, but on a sister label with different cover design to the others.

Video rental shops like Video Ezy rarely stocked it thus giving the impression there weren't many produced. And the secondhand sale market never seemed to have any either.

OHMSS was the last Bond I could get my hands on and it was a 2nd hand one.

All this in a country where Bond was played by an Aussie!

#3 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 23 January 2002 - 02:42 PM

I saw a commercial for 'The Bond Picture Show' last week and it included On Her Majesty's Secret Service in the list of films. So is it in or not?

#4 Friedrich Baxter

Friedrich Baxter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 426 posts

Posted 31 December 2001 - 12:15 AM

I totally agree with him. But something like this also happened on Dutch television.

In 1992 (I was still a boy of eleven years) I saw OHMSS on Nederland 1 (Dutch Channel 1), AVRO, and even that channel managed to cut large parts of the movie. I discovered that 'cutting' after watching OHMSS on the commercial channel Veronica in 1997.

But what the hell did Nederland 1 doing!? Well, first of all Ned1 tampered with the Gun Barrel. They didn't finished it properly with the beautiful Universal Exports dedication plaque. Then the WHOLE scene, where 007 is investigating Gumbold's office, was deleted completely! And also the scene, where 007's shadow agent (with his VW Beetle) wants to use the skilift, but an angry Gunther forbids him to use it, is COMPLETELY deleted!

Later, after watching OHMSS on Veronica I was very much surprised to see the deleted scenes from OHMSS. I was very excited to see the scene in Gumbold's office, with the excellent thrilling music of John Barry

#5 LeiterCIA

LeiterCIA

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 December 2001 - 03:10 PM

I'm more than a little perplexed by the way ABC is choosing to show some Bonds and not others. It's as if they refuse to recognize that there were any other actors playing Bond beside Connery and Moore.

I have no idea why they'd ignore OHMSS, and equally no idea why they's only show up to Octopussy.

Perhaps there's a method to the madness which will reveal itself when they do the marathon. Like perhaps they were only able to get interviews with Connery and Moore. (But even then, I doubt Mr. Lazenby and Mr. Dalton are too busy to give interviews.)

Who knows.

#6 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 01 January 2002 - 02:52 AM

I believe that ABC only has the rights for the movies up to Octopussy.

#7 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 01 January 2002 - 06:01 AM

On Her Majesty's Secret Service is scheduled to air on ABC on March 2. So where's the disrespect?

#8 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 01 January 2002 - 06:27 AM

Okay, I did check ABC's website and OHMSS is not listed.

I had been going by dates set on ianfleming.org's listed schedule that put OHMSS on March 2. ABC only lists dates for the film up until February 23. So possibly ABC is being wishy-washy on whether to show the Lazenby classic and don't want to commit, yet.

#9 Adam

Adam

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 335 posts

Posted 23 January 2002 - 04:59 AM

i think you all just need to look at it from the perspective of ABC--ABC knows people won't watch OHMSS b/c not many non-Bond fans know about it...they're in it for the ratings, not for us (the fanatics).