7 replies to this topic

#1 Hamed

Hamed

Recruit

• Crew
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2001 - 07:07 PM

Hey Bond fans out there!

Am planning one amazing Bond-theme party in Chicago sometime in the Spring of 2002. It will be sponsored by luxury product companies and perhaps, Pinewood Studios, MGM, Austin Martin and others associated with the Bond films.

If all goes well, I will even attempt to get Brosnan or Halle Berry (new villainess) here for the party.

The party will be dance-oriented, featuring Euro and remixed Bond movie soundtracks as well as Martini specials, Cavier & Chocolate Tastings. This is just a sample of what's to come this Spring!

Please contact me if you are interested in helping me promote this event or if you know people who would be willing to co-promote or co-sponsor what I am calling the "Bond Ball."

Hope to hear from some of you fans out there, particularly those of you in or around Chicago, IL USA.

Regards,

Hamed.
773-381-7171 event infoline

#2 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 26 December 2001 - 10:53 PM

I'm also in the U.S., and I'm driving distance from Chi-town. I'd love to hear more information on this.

#3 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 27 December 2001 - 06:13 AM

Very interesting Hamed! Please keep us informed!

#4 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 27 December 2001 - 09:35 PM

Sounds like a cool idea, but do you realise that Bond 20 is being filmed at that time? (Brosnan and Berry are in the UK.)
I hope it works out though, BTW have you contacted Aston Martin etc. about this or is it still in planning. How many people are you planning on having?

#5 OO7Qbranch

OO7Qbranch

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 January 2002 - 09:50 PM

That would be cool since I live an hour from Chicago.

#6 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 03 January 2002 - 11:23 PM

Does anyone think "Hamed" was serious about his Bond ball, or do u think he was just having us on? I mean it did not sound that much like he knew what he was on about. Why would Aston Martin sponsor a room full of ppl and a few slices of pizza, in an event which did not sound like it was going to be too well publicized. If we were in with a chance of going, then how in the hell would it benefit Aston Martin sales?
If it were a group of rich pimps in attendence then i suppose i could see where he was coming from.
Judging by the fact that "Hamed" only made one post, and never mentioned it again, i think its safe to say - he was making it up.
NE1 Else think so...?

#7 Friedrich Baxter

Friedrich Baxter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 426 posts

Posted 26 December 2001 - 08:36 PM

Ever considered that this is an international site? I must say this because I'm from the Netherlands and I'm just a 20-year old student who can't afford something like that.

But......if I'm rich enough after Law university?...........We shall see

#8 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 26 December 2001 - 08:39 PM

I'm in the U.S. and would be interested in coming to this event. Keep us posted.