8 replies to this topic

#1 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 25 July 2001 - 01:59 AM

Just to let you all know that thanks to Zencat we'll have a report on the main page about this excellent event in moments! :)

#2 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 25 July 2001 - 02:13 AM

The main page now hosts the news, it's at the top of the list. Or of course the direct URL:

http://www.commander...estnews&page=14

#3 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 25 July 2001 - 02:16 AM

Zencat, I just wanted to know if any figure were thrown around about the IFF collection of vehicles. I can only imagine their worth! Did they mention how they managed to get their hands on so much stuff?

And what weird little things does Doug Redenius have in his collection?

#4 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 25 July 2001 - 04:59 PM

Blue Eyes (25 Jul, 2001 03:16 a.m.):
Zencat, I just wanted to know if any figure were thrown around about the IFF collection of vehicles. I can only imagine their worth! Did they mention how they managed to get their hands on so much stuff?

Doug gave a whole talk about how each vehicle was acquired. Most were somehow tracked down by the IFF or someone called the IFF because they had this thing sitting in their backyard and wanted to get rid of it! Believe it or not, both the Moonraker and L&LD boats were still in use. Most of the vehicles had to be restored. Most were relatively inexpensive.

Doug was pretty much given the Q-boats and parahawks by Eon. He was at Pinewood while the parahawks were being destroyed and Wilson told him to go to the stages and grab whatever he wanted. Then they negotiated a price and the IFF had to arrange for shipping. Nice, huh?

And he said the IFF has already made a deal to get the props from Bond 20.

#5 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 25 July 2001 - 11:19 PM

All I can say is that life is very very unfair :)

#6 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 11 August 2001 - 05:50 PM

Hey, I just took a look at my report and I realize I forgot to mention that the BATH-O-SUB from DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER was also one of the IFF vehicles we got to take a look at. How could I forget the BATH-O-SUB!?

For a more detailed report on the weekend (and pictures), check out Matt Sherman's report at: http://www.cinescape...=41883&sub_id=0

Matt is the man!

#7 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 11 August 2001 - 05:54 PM

The talk has already begun over at 007Forever about where the next weekend will take place. Key West, San Francisco, Colorado, Vancouver, the Bahamas, and Palm Springs have all been mentioned. Any other ideas?

#8 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 11 August 2001 - 11:02 PM

[quote]zencat (11 Aug, 2001 07:00 p.m.):
I forgot to mention that the BATH-O-SUB from DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER was also one of the IFF vehicles we got to take a look .

When the Bond exhibition was on over here in the UK in 1997 I went to see it a few times. The BATHO-O-SUB was there, it was suspended from the ceiling, I couldn't resist touching it (like you do) just to say I've touched the BATH-O-SUB, I was then given a warning by a security gaurd but it was worth it. Despite the warning I still touched the sleek TSWLM lotus unoticed and the GE Aston, everything else was in glass cases.

#9 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 12 August 2001 - 04:53 AM

Naughty naughty Mr Moon! But yes I'm jealous :) Why is Australia one of the most forsaken Bond countries?