This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Trying To Find 00-Scripts / Treatments etc...

8 replies to this topic

#1 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 01 July 2001 - 09:56 AM

Hi guys, I'm trying to find any scripts, treatments or anything I can.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. You can contact me through [email protected] should you wish to keep it hush hush!

#2 The Mastermind III

The Mastermind III

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 July 2001 - 12:51 PM

I'm pretty sure Universal Exports has some and Tim Dalton.com has parts of the TLD script.

#3 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 24 July 2001 - 02:13 AM

Thanks for the tip Boldman. I'll take a look and post it here!

#4 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 03 July 2001 - 05:03 PM

I think Universal Exports has the script from THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH and an early draft of TOMORROW NEVER DIES.

#5 Boldman

Boldman

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 July 2001 - 12:56 PM

There was an alternative PTS for Goldeneye posted somewhere, but I have no idea where it was. http://www.cinescape.com/james_bond/ did have some information on differences between draft and final scripts.

#6 007

Cadet

• Crew
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 July 2001 - 03:14 PM

had any luck yet? if so I'd be gratefull for the info aswell! [email protected] if you wish to keep it hush hush!

#7 WhitePersian

WhitePersian

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 July 2001 - 09:58 PM

RossMan (03 Jul, 2001 06:03 p.m.):
I think Universal Exports has the script from THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH and an early draft of TOMORROW NEVER DIES.

Wow, thanks guys. The Twine script is interesting - better in some ways than the shooting script (e.g. the closing line), but not quite so good in others. Having the cigar girl blow herself up in fear of Renard is much better than having Bond's bullet destroy the balloon.
As for TND... now I really know what they mean by script problems, and I'm completely won over to Zencat's view of Feirstein's "talents" as a writer. It's a throwback to the worst of the Moore era, Bond's lines are little more than a succession of lame jokes, Paris walked out on Bond so *he* slaps *her*...and I'm only halfway through. Interesting, though, that Q was already replaced and Harmsway (Carver) engineered Zukovsky's election as Ukrainian president!
On the basis of what I've read, it's small wonder Anthony Hopkins passed on playing the villain.
Anyone know where a GoldenEye draft can be found? I'd like to see what elements were considered too close to "True Lies".

#8 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 18 July 2001 - 09:56 AM

Thanks for the links, TimDalton especially! God I'd love to get my hands on some of the original scripts and treatments :) They would be a fantastic read!

#9 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 19 July 2001 - 05:35 AM

WhitePersian (18 Jul, 2001 10:58 p.m.):
Having the cigar girl blow herself up in fear of Renard is much better than having Bond's bullet destroy the balloon.

True it was better but I preferred the idea of Bond still shooting as he fell. It gave the impression that he was going to do his job till the day he died, I think it even mentions something along those lines.

Interesting, though, that Q was already replaced and Harmsway (Carver) engineered Zukovsky's election as Ukrainian president!
On the basis of what I've read, it's small wonder Anthony Hopkins passed on playing the villain.

I always find both of these ideas interesting. Personally I think they were suggestions from EON Productions (perhaps Wilson?) They knew Llwellyn was going to leave us sometime soon and everyone loved Zukovsky.

Also with that status of Major Boothroyd I'd say he'll be considered 'retired' in Bond 20.

As for the GE script. I've scoured the net for it. I still haven't found it. :)