#1 JReber007

JReber007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 27 January 2002 - 02:42 AM

Hey guys,

I was paging through my latest issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly (God I love my gaming...mmm, gaming) and I came across this news article from EA. It seems they are so happy with the sales of Agent Under Fire (who wouldn't be, the game is a top seller across the nation but not as good as GTA3) that EA has greenlighted the next game. It will be for PS2, XBox (yuck), and Gamecube. The title?

James Bond 007 In ... Phoenix Rising

Interesting title. Release date is "late 2002." Methinks it should be ready for Bond 20. Levels will include first and third person missions. Maybe this is the official game? :) I doubt it, but I will be buying it, rest assured!

~Jerrold

#2 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 27 January 2002 - 10:52 PM

Well you see there's a problem with the methodology. After so long people aren't going to buy new gaming platforms. Because their going to become mundane without any great advancements. They can only go so far before they actually have to start inventiing new technology.

Frankly, I won't be buying Pheonix Rising unless it's on the PC. And I won't be supporting it either.

#3 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 27 January 2002 - 04:24 PM

When will these people realise that the PC is still the world's largest gaming platform?

#4 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 27 January 2002 - 04:38 PM

They do understand. But if the demand for a game is there, why put it on a format that everyone has when u can make people fork out for a console and a game, I understand this to be sony's methodology along with its developers.

#5 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 27 January 2002 - 04:39 PM

P.S. Can people check there private messages. I have sent quite a few out, James I sent one to you.