3181 replies to this topic

#3091 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 01:20 PM

Even with most of their weapons out, New England still finds a way to pull it out. 10-0. Bring it on Dove ;).

#3092 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:23 PM

Yep...bring 'em on indeed... :)

So last night...Headset-gate 2: Electric Boogaloo AND Whistlegate all in one evening?? LMAO!! :P

#3093 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 12:18 AM

Yep...bring 'em on indeed...  :)

So last night...Headset-gate 2: Electric Boogaloo AND Whistlegate all in one evening?? LMAO!!  :P

Welcome to the No Fun League. Now let's all make sure that we are talking about nothing but the referee's bizarre whistling habits for the next seven months. ;)

Unrelated, I did particularly enjoy Tom Brady's trolling of Rex Ryan during the game. Sure the play didn't work, but it was entertaining nonetheless. haha

#3094 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 07:07 AM

I'm gonna Brock 'n roll all night...and party every day.. What a statement we made tonight in the snowy tundra of Mile High!!

#3095 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 08:55 AM

Eh, New England always loses in Denver. As long as Gronkowski is healthy (and early reports indicate that he is), the rematch should be different in Foxborough.

#3096 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 07:05 PM

I'm gonna Brock 'n roll all night...and party every day.. What a statement we made tonight in the snowy tundra of Mile High!!

I thoroughly enjoyed the game last night.  Great to see a new, up-and-coming QB take down the legendary* Tom Brady. 

Hopefully Denver will run the table so we can see the Pats* come back to Denver to get beaten again in the playoffs. 

#3097 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 07:46 PM

Last night I was torn. Brady got beat, but it was the Donkeys that did it... At least the Chiefs are now in the 1st WC spot!

#3098 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 06:04 PM

Welcome back Billy Bob..."Things have been awfully dull 'round here" without my friendly, AFC West rival.. :P  I'm sure you very much enjoyed KC's BEAT DOWN my Broncos IN Mile High a couple of weeks ago..

#3099 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 08:14 PM

It's time for the Jets to fire Todd Bowles. 

The Jets should just admit they made a mistake and move on.  This guy is not HC material.

#3100 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 10:50 PM

Good luck Denver(The Dove). I don't like Denver but the Patriots? It's like choosing between Stalin or Hitler for this chargers fan. :P

I'm rooting for the Zonies (Cardinals) to win it all.

#3101 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:35 AM

*fingers crossed for my Broncs* Your thoughts Mr. Tarl about your beloved Chargers moving (back) to LA?? Who's more to blame in your opinion? Dean Spanos OR the city of San Diego for NOT voting for funding of a new stadium??

#3102 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:49 AM

I don't think they're moving...but they now have some leverage to get a stadium here.

#3103 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:53 AM

I think it'll be interesting to see what the Chargers end up doing.  They were talking about the situation on one of the sports talk shows this afternoon, and the point was brought up that they might feel like they're forced to move to LA just to maintain their market share within the area, as if they don't move to LA the Raiders almost assuredly will, resulting in three teams operating within roughly 100 miles of each other.  

I hope they stay in San Diego.  They've always been the team I root for after the Jets, and I'd hate to see them pack up and head north to become Stan Kroenke's tenant in LA.

#3104 Professor Pi

Professor Pi

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1430 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:27 AM

Geographically, if the Chargers moved to Orange County where the I-5 and 405 merge, they could have the best of both worlds--San Diego and Los Angeles fans.  Sadly, that's never been on the table.  So L.A. can now have 1 or 2 sub 500 teams return (Chargers started there in 1960.)  They just applied for the trademark "Los Angeles Chargers."

St. Louis is now going through what L.A. did in 1995, losing a middling Ram team to another city.  At least St. Louis got a Super Bowl out of it, something L.A. didn't in 49 years.  But no one in L.A. pines for the Chargers.  They should stay in San Diego.  And the NFL will give them $100M if they do.

The Raiders should stay in Oakland.  The Rams and Chargers could co exist in the same stadium--not so sure about Raider and Charger fans.   But the Chargers should remain in San Diego.  L.A. Rams, Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers.  Sorry, St. Louis.

#3105 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:51 AM

And the NFL will give them $100M if they do.

This is something that I haven't been able to figure out yet.  Why does the NFL see this as a true perk that they're giving the Chargers and Raiders?  While to us mere mortals it's more money than we'd ever be able to dream of, it accomplishes nothing within the realm of what the Chargers and Raiders are trying to do.  These stadiums are costing somewhere in the neighborhood of $1.5-2 billion and the franchises themselves are all now worth well over $1 billion and, in some cases, north of $2 billion.  

When they go back to the bargaining table with the cities of San Diego and Oakland, what exactly is that $100 million going to accomplish?  Nothing, that's what.  "Well, Mr. Mayor, we've been bickering for years now, but Roger just gave me an extra $100 million to help close the massive gap between our two billion-dollar proposals.  I guess we can close this deal now."

The NFL, which has a problem on their hands in both San Diego and Oakland, could have gone one of two ways.  They could have approved the Carson project, which puts two NFL teams in LA while also solving the stadium issues for two of the long-time and well-respected franchises.  I know that the proposal for the Inglewood stadium sold everybody on it, but those ideas could have been incorporated into the Carson project with some league assistance.  The NFL makes $9 billion per year.  Surely, if the Chargers and Raiders are in such dire straits in terms of their stadium bids, and just had Jerry Jones screw over both franchises after the LA committee that the league put together had their recommendations ignored due to Jones' grandstanding and greed, surely they could reach into that $9 billion per year profit and give both organizations some assistance that amounts to more than the pennies that the $100 million ultimately amounts to.

#3106 Professor Pi

Professor Pi

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1430 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:07 AM

Kroenke started the Inglewood stadium without a guarantee that his Rams would move there.  Carson, meanwhile, needed NFL approval before starting construction.  Basically, The Rams owner started the stadium on spec.  An NFL stadium makes no financial sense, 8 home games, 10 counting pre-season, for over a billion dollars.  Basketball gets 41 games a year, as does hockey, often in the same arena.  The Staples Center is booked 300+ nights a year (Lakers, Clippers, Kings, concerts, etc.) Baseball has 81 games, each generating revenue and ancillary profits.  It makes sense to have two football team in one stadium (the Meadowlands), and the NFL tried to get the best of both worlds by  going with the stadium already under construction.  And screwing the Raiders was just a bonus for them and Jerry Jones.

#3107 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:15 AM

The whole thing has been nothing short of shameful.  Kroenke has operated in less-than-good faith with the city of St. Louis, not showing any interest in working with them while they tried to make a stadium proposal to keep the team there.  This is a violation of NFL rules and should have automatically disqualified Kronke from moving, but the NFL once again shows it is only interesting in enforcing its own rules when it benefits the outcome that they've already decided they want.

It's a shame that the Raiders and Chargers waived their right to sue the NFL.  They should have done so, if only to piss Goodell off, especially since they'd have some semblance of a case (even if it ultimately did get thrown out) due to the league and the Rams not following the relocation rules.

Yes, NFL stadiums do not make financial sense, but they don't just open for football games.  They hold other events (concerts, Final Fours, bowl games, etc.) over the course of the year.  There's no reason that the Carson project couldn't have become the entertainment behemoth that Inglewood ultimately will be.  The Chargers and Raiders' ownerships have earned the right to the benefit of the doubt with their fellow owners.  Kroenke hasn't, especially after the despicable way he's handled his team in St. Louis, putting a dismal product on the field each and every year and then telling the fans that they weren't supportive enough.

#3108 Professor Pi

Professor Pi

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1430 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:26 AM

Which is what George Frontiere said about L.A. when she moved the Rams to St. Louis.

#3109 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:31 AM

It wasn't right then either.

Still, this might have gone down a bit better if the NFL hadn't become increasingly despicable under the "leadership" of Roger Goodell.  I can't wait for the day when the owners and Goodell look around and see what they've done to the sport.  Despite the record TV contracts and whatnot, apathy for the league is beginning to grab a foothold.  There's only so much one can take of watching a bunch of overpaid people play a game while being constantly trotted out for mug shots for crimes such as beating children and raping and abusing women, after which the NFL then holds them up as heroes and a shining beacon of everything that it means to be American.  

If there was ever a time for a rival football league, now is it.  Maybe they could revisit the idea of the USFL, although hopefully without Donald Trump being there to destroy it from within.

#3110 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 07:36 PM

Agreed that $100M is only roughly 10% the cost of a new stadium but that's still free money and adds some incentive to gather the rest to make it happen. I don't think LA should go from no NFL to Rams and Chargers(supply and demand 101!). The Raiders are an LA team not HQed there but next time you're in Vegas ask any fan from LA who they root for  and it will likely be the Raiders(unless they're a transplant). Let LA reclaim the Rams and Raiders.

#3111 Professor Pi

Professor Pi

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1430 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 03:48 AM

It wasn't right then either.

Still, this might have gone down a bit better if the NFL hadn't become increasingly despicable under the "leadership" of Roger Goodell.  I can't wait for the day when the owners and Goodell look around and see what they've done to the sport.  Despite the record TV contracts and whatnot, apathy for the league is beginning to grab a foothold.  There's only so much one can take of watching a bunch of overpaid people play a game while being constantly trotted out for mug shots for crimes such as beating children and raping and abusing women, after which the NFL then holds them up as heroes and a shining beacon of everything that it means to be American.  

If there was ever a time for a rival football league, now is it.  Maybe they could revisit the idea of the USFL, although hopefully without Donald Trump being there to destroy it from within.

This.

#3112 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:12 PM

Alright then... We've got unfinished business from 2014...Let's do it properly this time boys.. :) What a game..I seriously was biting my nails the whole time and had to put a pillow up in front of my face when Brady and the Pats were trying for the 2-point conversion.. :D

#3113 Eric Stromberg

Eric Stromberg

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:35 PM

One of the biggest wins in the Broncos' storied sports history, and one of the most satisfying to watch for me personally as Brady got the stuffing knocked out of him for 60 minutes straight. Whatever happens from here is all gravy. GO BRONCOS

#3114 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 08:15 PM

Yep..although I'm NOT gonna overlook Cam Newton and the Panthers, as I probably did with the Seahawks in SB 48.. They are a dangerous team but are not invincible.. Look at how Seattle ALMOST came back to win in the 2nd half of the divisional game last week.. Fingers crossed!! :)

#3115 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 09:43 PM

congrats on the SB birth The Dove. I hope Peyton wins a second SB. He's the only QB to take two teams to two SBs already. Pretty neat. B)

#3116 Hockey Mask

Hockey Mask

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1027 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 02:16 PM

Def rooting for Peyton. Feels like an uphill climb.

#3117 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:06 PM

congrats on the SB birth The Dove. I hope Peyton wins a second SB. He's the only QB to take two teams to two SBs already. Pretty neat. B)

Cheers Tarl! Actually I think that Kurt Warner took both the Rams and Cardinals to the SB, but he didn't win with both teams.. If we can do that, then Peyton will be the first to win with two teams.

#3118 bill007

bill007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2072 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 05:43 AM

GO BRONCOS!!

#3119 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 06:37 AM

Congrats Broncos fans - who on here is one?

#3120 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 05:39 PM

Congrats Broncos fans - who on here is one?

*rubs head attempting to get rid of the hang-over* ME!! Man, you need to stop by this Super Bowl thread more often, Dave! :P

Wow... what a storybook ending indeed. Thank you Mr. Manning and THANK YOU Von Miller and Co. Defense DOES indeed win championships.. What a change from two years ago when we were schlacked by the Seahawks 43-8...