3 replies to this topic

#1 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 17 March 2002 - 07:57 PM

I watched From Russia With Love the other day, and thought it would have been interesting if it ended more like the original book, with Rosa Klebb managing to kick Bond with the poisoned spike as Rene Mathis's people are arresting her. Then it could close on Bond falling to the floor, seemingly dead.

Then in Goldfinger could have Bond sent to the US on an easy assignment and to recover where he comes across Goldfinger. (in the book, Dr. No, he went to Jamaica).

Thoughts?

#2 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 17 March 2002 - 11:06 PM

True, but it may have also have contributed to people's interest in seeing the next Bond movie, wondering what the deal is with that Bond feller's apparent death in the previous one. And wasn't it with Goldfinger that the series really took off and started to get popular.

I didn't think of putting a spoiler warning.
:) maybe I just found it hard too believe there are Bond fans who haven't read Fleming's classics. :)

#3 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 17 March 2002 - 11:53 PM

[quote]Mister Asterix (17 Mar, 2002 08:27 p.m.):
No. But only because From Russia With Love was only the second Bond film. An ending like that before the Bond series had established itself could have killed the series. Just look at how On Her Majesty

#4 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 17 March 2002 - 08:27 PM

No. But only because From Russia With Love was only the second Bond film. An ending like that before the Bond series had established itself could have killed the series. Just look at how On Her Majesty